Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

fatsheep
11.13.2013 , 02:27 AM | #11
An update would be nice Bioware!
CE VIP

Screaming_Ziva
11.13.2013 , 06:04 AM | #12
I have created a thread in Customer Service here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...44#post6938344

If we get enough people to post over there, maybe we can get an answer.

AlrikFassbauer
11.13.2013 , 01:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
After reading something on Reddit, I think I know which pet will be available on Amazon the day after tomorrow.
So this would be the current list of pets from Cartel Coin cards:

EU (physical): Forest Nekarr Cat - available
BestBuy (digital): Arctic Manka Lynx - available
GameStop (digital): Lobelode - available
Walmart (physical): Gilded Flutterplume - available
Amazon (digital): Umbral Blurrg - retired on 11/12
Target (physical?): Crested Orokeet - unknown/not available
BestBuy (physical): Model Flashfire - recalled
Amazon (digital): Model S-12 Blackbolt - available on 11/12
Please keep in mind that it means www.amazon.com, not www.amazon.de , for example.
www.amazon.de only has the Nekarr Forest Cat, I found out.

Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
I just purchased a physical card from Best Buy and presume I'll end up with a Model Flashfire. I still want a Crested Orokeet...
I still want any of the american ones ... Last time when I wrote into the forums here cthat I was willing to trade the CC code for any american one, no-one answered to me. Sad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

CrazyMcGee
11.13.2013 , 11:15 PM | #14
Has anyone bought the new pet from Amazon yet? Can you confirm what it is please?

Iwipe
11.13.2013 , 11:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Has anyone bought the new pet from Amazon yet? Can you confirm what it is please?
I actually brought an Amazon cartel coin card on Tuesday, Nov 12 after 10 am PST. I got my 2400 coins but no pet in the mail...It is suppose to the Blackbolt pet..

CrazyMcGee
11.13.2013 , 11:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I actually brought an Amazon cartel coin card on Tuesday, Nov 12 after 10 am PST. I got my 2400 coins but no pet in the mail...It is suppose to the Blackbolt pet..
Ahh, tyvm, I will wait until it is unbugged then

Rankyn
11.14.2013 , 01:28 AM | #17
I still hold with the theory that the people that aren't getting the new Amazon pet aren't getting it because they've previously used an Amazon card so they're flagged for no pet even though the pet has changed.

CrazyMcGee
11.14.2013 , 02:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
I still hold with the theory that the people that aren't getting the new Amazon pet aren't getting it because they've previously used an Amazon card so they're flagged for no pet even though the pet has changed.
Hmm, interesting. I got the other Amazon pet by buying it off the GTN cos they forgot BoP, so maybe I'll try an Amazon download and test your theory.

I'm really confused about these pets, maybe someone can explain it to me.

The idea is that these stores get some advertising, plus while you're there on the website or in the shop buying the card, maybe you buy something else too, right? That's the basic idea?

So how does that work if there's no promotion and no announcement about when they are selling these and which pets are at which store etc? What's the business model here for having no information?

I struggle with these cos I'm not in the US, but I see plenty of posts here from Americans who have just as much trouble, like their Walmart has never heard of them. I don't get why this is so confused and secret.

Is it just really, really badly managed or am I not understanding something?

Jerba
11.14.2013 , 04:42 AM | #19
Yeah, the Amazon.com codes still give the old (Umbral Blurrg) pet, that's why people who already bought it previously did not get a new pet this time around. There is a thread in Customer Service about it, but no yellow response, so I guess they are working on it and cannot say anything.
Also, the preview of the Blackbolt pet in the Collections does not work, similar to how the new packs also cannot be previewed (unless you use the workaround). This makes me believe that EA never intended to have them available already.

Also, I read that there are some problems with the digital BestBuy code (for the Arctic Manka Lynx). Some people could not find their code, other people got an error message when redeeming it, and now the codes give a pet but no cartel coins.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Please keep in mind that it means www.amazon.com, not www.amazon.de , for example.
www.amazon.de only has the Nekarr Forest Cat, I found out.
Correct, Amazon.de only sells the European code. I edited my post.

Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
So how does that work if there's no promotion and no announcement about when they are selling these and which pets are at which store etc? What's the business model here for having no information?

I struggle with these cos I'm not in the US, but I see plenty of posts here from Americans who have just as much trouble, like their Walmart has never heard of them. I don't get why this is so confused and secret.

Is it just really, really badly managed or am I not understanding something?
I agree that this is very strange. It seems that it is out of EA's control when the merchants put them in the stores. The cartel coins are probably waiting in some warehouse until they have space in the shelves, and considering how there are always employees that don't think about what they're doing, I am not surprised that the marketing department has no idea what is happening in each individual store.

Screaming_Ziva
11.14.2013 , 06:00 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I agree that this is very strange. It seems that it is out of EA's control when the merchants put them in the stores. The cartel coins are probably waiting in some warehouse until they have space in the shelves, and considering how there are always employees that don't think about what they're doing, I am not surprised that the marketing department has no idea what is happening in each individual store.
I'm guessing this is what it is. When the Gilded Flutterplume cards started showing up at Wal-Mart, the store right down the street from me didn't get them. I had to go a couple towns over to find a store with them. However, just a couple weeks ago the closer Wal-Mart got a stack of them in.

I still don't understand all the secrecy about these cards though and why they can't put any official information out about them.