Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diagnostic scan: why?

doctor_atomic
11.09.2013 , 05:55 PM | #1
Kolto injection heals 968-1177 with a 2 second activation and kolto infusion heals 496-659 with a 1.5 second activation with a trailing 843 HoT over 9 seconds. Diagnostic scan heals 210 over 3 seconds.

Why would I ever use diagnostic scan? Is there some secret application for this skill of which I am unaware?
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

BardaTheHobo
11.09.2013 , 06:50 PM | #2
Well for one its free so if you are a healer its energy free healing, granted it is still garbage but the main use of it is from the middle of the medicine tree [patient studies] where every crit of Diagnostic scan gives you 2 energy. It is nice for when you are low on energy, also in pvp it can be used to make those that are not paying attention to waste their interrupt.
You know what the first rule of flying is? Love. You take a boat in the air that you don't love,
she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down.
Tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.

Zyriak
11.09.2013 , 06:53 PM | #3
If you use, diagnostic scan when people are taking less dommage it's actually a good skill. Consider it as an energy refiller as healer.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
11.09.2013 , 07:30 PM | #4
As a healer, your diagnostic scan can heal for almost 1k over it's channel time. (at 55) Also as healer, Crits from Diagnostic Scan will regain 2 Energy and you also have a 30% chance to gain 1 TA from a tick of Diagnostic Scan, and it's 100% free! So when people are topped off, use this to keep them topped off.

Loc_n_lol
11.09.2013 , 11:03 PM | #5
In the current state of healer scoundrels/operatives, do you ever run out of energy and not have your adrenaline probe up ? (and how often was that not just a case of turning into one more dps because there was no need for heals)
I'm pretty sure you could take it off your bar and not be worse for it 99% of the time.

CaptainApop
11.10.2013 , 04:51 AM | #6
Why would I ever use flurry of bolts when overload shot does almost twice the damage?

Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
In the current state of healer scoundrels/operatives, do you ever run out of energy and not have your adrenaline probe up ? (and how often was that not just a case of turning into one more dps because there was no need for heals)
I'm pretty sure you could take it off your bar and not be worse for it 99% of the time.
You'll never hit 5k hps just spamming kolto probes and surgical probe :P
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

xBenouze
11.10.2013 , 07:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
It depends of what u do. It's useful for end game content, u can t take it off ur bar in HM ops ...
And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!
TOMB OF FREEDON NADD
Neerah : 60 Sin / Kathaarn : 60 Op / Savahge : 55 Mara / Cahde : 60 Merc
An'yaa : 60 Sage / Dhooku : 44 Guardian / Neerio : 60 Vanguard

Laaguna
11.10.2013 , 11:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
Kolto injection heals 968-1177 with a 2 second activation and kolto infusion heals 496-659 with a 1.5 second activation with a trailing 843 HoT over 9 seconds. Diagnostic scan heals 210 over 3 seconds.

Why would I ever use diagnostic scan? Is there some secret application for this skill of which I am unaware?
It's posts like these that make me wonder if most people do not read the talents they are choosing.

Morbidheresy
11.12.2013 , 11:54 AM | #9
Rifle shot is a more efficient filler. Technically you'll be contributing more, in terms of numbers, by attacking. But if your group doesn't need that minor extra damage, you're better off using DS and providing a bit of healing and some energy regen to yourself, even if it's hard to optimize.

chuixupu
11.12.2013 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Morbidheresy View Post
Rifle shot is a more efficient filler. Technically you'll be contributing more, in terms of numbers, by attacking. But if your group doesn't need that minor extra damage, you're better off using DS and providing a bit of healing and some energy regen to yourself, even if it's hard to optimize.
The only time Rifle Shot would be more efficient is if there is literally no damage being taken by the raid. If you're doing hard mode operations or beyond, that is rarely going to happen. Also if your raid is benefiting from a piddly amount of damage from rifle shot (without accuracy you'll miss most of the time anyway), then they are doing something very wrong as well.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant