Worth taking armormech for my smuggler

loudent

Hey all,

I created a smuggler the other day and it's time to decide on crew skills for him (he's going to be a healer). I've already got a character with every crew skill except armormech. However, the benefits of this crew skill seem lackluster at best (sort of like synthweaving on my jedi Guardian). In addition the gather skills for armormech are scavenging and underworld trading which are money sinks (i.e. there are no lockbox missions)

Still, I think it would be nice to have all the crew skills at some level or another.

So, I'm sort of on the fence. Can anyone recommend, generally, the best crew skill for healing smugglers or talk pro or con about armormech in specific?

Thanks

-loudent

For a smuggler, I would take Armstech.

Your first companion (Corso) gets +5 to crit with that craft. Just craft and sell Power and Fortitude augments all day. Though how well Fortitude Augments sell can depend if your on a PVP or PVE server.

If you looking for Armormech, then the Trooper is best suited to it.

Your last companion (Thano) gets +5 to crit with that craft, and your droid companion (MX) gets +5 to crit on Scavenging missions to go along with it. As for what to sell with Armormech, Reflex and Skill augments all day.

On a side note, Synthweaving can make a steady stream of cash making MK-9 Augment kits. You starship droid can be upgraded to have +5 Synth crit and Kira already has +5 to Synth crit as well.

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

I already have an Imperial Agent armstech otherwise I would have. I have all the crew skills except armormech

Unless you have lots of schematics that are hard to obtain again, I would take the time and switch them around. At least the Agent has Ensign Temple to give +2 Armormech crit chance.

Simply put, while it would take time to do so, you will get more out of your crafting in the long haul via improved crit chances for both toons.

On a side note, what roll you have with a toon (Healing, Tank or DPS) shouldn't at all effect what kind of crafting skills you chose to take. You should base them purely on maximizing the benefits that the companions the class has can provide you and/or saving you as much money as possible via using resuables such as stims, adrenals and health packs.

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

On a side note, Synthweaving can make a steady stream of cash making MK-9 Augment kits. You starship droid can be upgraded to have +5 Synth crit and Kira already has +5 to Synth crit as well.

I have been wondering about this. Are the crew skills additive so that you and all your companions in this instance receive a +10 to crit when synthweaving, or do you simply then have two companions for crafting augments?

I have been wondering about this. Are the crew skills additive so that you and all your companions in this instance receive a +10 to crit when synthweaving, or do you simply then have two companions for crafting augments?

Just the companions with the bonus, as it only applies to them. So for me I have my starship droid (with the purchased bonus) and Jaesa (Kira has the same bonus Pub side) do all my Synth crafting. So MK-9 kits, Might and Resolve augments.

MK-9 kits are nice, especially if you don't have a lot of time any given day to play. It only takes ~20 minutes to make a kit. So Q up 10 between the two companions, do some dailies while they craft and in around an hour you have 600-850k in items to sell (conservative estimate based extra kits from crits and my servers GTN prices). And they should only cost ~6k in mat cost to make per unit (so ~60k for all 10). The minimum they sell for on my server is 10x their mat cost. Usually they go 12-15x that cost.