Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Season One Blog

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dedrayge
11.07.2013 , 05:56 PM | #21
I hope you let us have some input on the rewards and take the input seriously.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.07.2013 , 06:35 PM | #22
sounds excellent, something to look forward to

Elboc
11.07.2013 , 06:57 PM | #23
I wonder if we will be able to compare across classes. Kind of sounds like we will just be seeing the top "Marauder" or top "Sniper". I would be more curious of the top "DPS Class" and "Top Healer" which can help bring balance.

But I guess we will see.
Jët - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Směth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Valkyriez
11.07.2013 , 08:08 PM | #24
Can't wait. Sounds awesome.

Balance is fine, ignore the haters. Hopefully there are enough teams and solo players for regular pops outside prime time (I'm an Aussie).

Costello
11.08.2013 , 01:14 AM | #25
Are ranked PvP warzones/Arenas really what this game needs?

Generally PvP is a contentious topic with calls for nerfs or balance and accusations of exploits, hacks and cheating. Adding a score to your wins and loses will only make such that much more of an issue with people quicker to find umbridge with a bad game as they watch their place on the leader board drop.

Then there is the issue of gear dependence and at least in the past how infrequently the ranked warzones would pop. Generally its not much fun to be steam rollered by a better geared, better organised team (though its great fun doing it). Now to have everyone be able to look at I wonder if it wont just turn people off from PvPing now anyone that logs on to the website can see how bad they are. Maybe more due to lack of equipment and organisation than the ability to manage cool downs. Will this cause ranked warzones to be even less popular than they were before.

And then I wonder how it fits into Star Wars The Old Republic. For many people it was the Lure of Star Wars that brought them to the game, the finely crafted story of KOTOR and hell that it was Bioware the people that gave us Dragon Age Origin and Mass Effect. Prelaunch the selling points were unique story, dialogue, companions etc. Its less clear how ranked warzones fit into this with them feeling more in line with a lobby based console FPS than an MMO based in a time of war.

It seems that for the very best PvPers this will be a great addition but for the vast majority of players it will either turn them off from PvP or bring nothing to the game. I wonder how many of the "Players’ have long requested ways to compare their proficiency against each other" considered they maybe in the bottom half of the table. And if they will still want to compare when they find themselves there.

PoliteAssasin
11.08.2013 , 01:16 AM | #26
It really is quite shocking how out of touch you guys are.

Why is it being categorized by class? How can you determine the top rankings of a player by class when its a team effort, there really isn't any way to gauge the contributing factors from players on an individual scale. The scoreboard is really meaningless in a way, as smashers will always have high numbers and healers will put up digits as well. Does that make them the top of their class in your opinion? There's more to an individuals skill than numbers on a scoreboard, and if anything it really isn't indicative of skill at all. It's a general idea of how well you are able to perform with 3 people by your side, backing you up. It's heavily dependent on the other 3 members of your team.

The rankings should be categorized by teams, not individual classes. Players should be able to register teams of 4, perhaps even under a certain name, and let that be the stick you measure success with. This is even more feasible as 8v8 has been removed, 4 man teams shouldn't be difficult to register and manage at all.

Lastly, you've had us in pre season for almost 2 years now. You honestly haven't thought of any more features during that time other than the bare bones we're seeing right now? What have you been doing for the last 2 years??? You keep teasing us with season 1, and then when it gets here we're receiving the bare minimum. I don't see how nearly 2 years of development on this have yielded such primitive results. This had so much potential, I suppose we're going to be getting a blog akin to the space pvp where you reveal all the great and ambitious ideas you had, yet decided to go for the simple and easiest to implement. But I guess that would take a ton of work.

Also, big LOL at the gratitude for those who stuck with you - have you not realized many competitive teams have forsaken this game already, particularly when you decided to remove 8v8 ranked? Or the lengthened queue pops on pvp servers that once had thriving communities? As I said, shockingly out of touch. PVP had so much potential here, its a shame to see it wasted because of a developer that's willing to settle for mediocrity rather than aspiring for greatness.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

AshlaBoga
11.08.2013 , 01:28 AM | #27
Quote:
long awaited
Yeah, 20 months is a long time *nods in agreement*
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

J_Fred
11.08.2013 , 01:38 AM | #28
So we have to pvp for half a year before we get a possibility of getting any rewards? Seriously? There was nothing wrong with the old system where you buy your cosmetics based on your rating. This is just an attempt to keep people subbed until the season is over. What have you guys been doing for the past two years? This is nothing new! I loved to pvp in this game and I was looking forward to season 1 starting. I wish I would have read this before I xferred my vanguard to pot5 tonight in anticipation of season 1, what you guys have done here is a joke.

I have no doubt now that PvE is the focus of this game, and will most likely shift my focus back onto pure pve since pvp is really getting nowhere.

gg bioware...

noobyslayer
11.08.2013 , 02:45 AM | #29
Cross servers is needed !!!!
Colosious - Marauder < Gros Porcs > Darth Nihilus

Aries_cz
11.08.2013 , 03:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkyriez View Post
Can't wait. Sounds awesome.

Balance is fine, ignore the haters. Hopefully there are enough teams and solo players for regular pops outside prime time (I'm an Aussie).
Balance on some classes is simply not fine. I think there is a reason why majority of Knights (regardless of AC) play Smash build, or why Operative is considered the best healer, etc. Some classes and builds are simply overpowered over others.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos