Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Season One Blog

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

warstory
11.07.2013 , 05:00 PM | #11
I have a few questions about season 1. I play one of those classes that bioware has said needs some love. My understanding is that we will see something in 2.6. I do not know the date when 2.6 will be coming out but I am pretty sure it's after season one starts.

Now my question is do I participate in ranked knowing my ranking will go down because my class is not balanced?

I fear that if my ranking gets too low I will not be able to get back up to where I should be.
How will the system be rated?

Going from top of the charts last man standing in 8v 8 to bottom of the ranks, first man dead in 4 v 4 is extreme vexing.

When is the soft release date for 2.6?

Not worried about group ranking but very concerned about solo ranking.

It's a legit question
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

Stncold
11.07.2013 , 05:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Sounds good!

These are long overdue, but I'm glad they're coming.

Next big task (season 2?) cross server queues, please.
This. If you guys simply just announce that you are working hard on cross-server to be ready for season 2, it will make people happy.

Quote: Originally Posted by RaiderMid View Post
Um, really? You guys are seriously going to start the season right before 2.5 (class change patch)?
This too. Seems like it should launch with 2.5.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

ManiacDavis
11.07.2013 , 05:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
I have a few questions about season 1. I play one of those classes that bioware has said needs some love. My understanding is that we will see something in 2.6. I do not know the date when 2.6 will be coming out but I am pretty sure it's after season one starts.

Now my question is do I participate in ranked knowing my ranking will go down because my class is not balanced?

I fear that if my ranking gets too low I will not be able to get back up to where I should be.
How will the system be rated?

Going from top of the charts last man standing in 8v 8 to bottom of the ranks, first man dead in 4 v 4 is extreme vexing.

When is the soft release date for 2.6?

Not worried about group ranking but very concerned about solo ranking.
Player Skill still remains the greatest factor in determining a win in PvP.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

Twin
11.07.2013 , 05:08 PM | #14
I'd like to know exactly why it had to be such a "long haul".

Can we now expect to see new warzones and pvp content on a regular basis?
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

warstory
11.07.2013 , 05:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
Seriously, no disrespect but don't be foolish some specs can only walk into a arena with a group
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

MidichIorian
11.07.2013 , 05:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
That's only true when you're playing the same classes as the opponents.

warstory
11.07.2013 , 05:29 PM | #17
I seen that svid manic has of his GROUP vs the devs when his tk sage was not focused the entire game and act like tk is fine. It is not especially in solo q I dont care how good u are. When u play with randoms who don't know group play expect to die and lose. If the other team has even a little bit of a clue.

ManiacDavis
11.07.2013 , 05:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
Seriously, no disrespect but don't be foolish some specs can only walk into a arena with a group
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
That's only true when you're playing the same classes as the opponents.
I think you all underestimate how many bad players enter the ranked q. I predominantly play my Commando (definetely not a FOTM and arguably in need of a buff) yet I have a 5:1 win ratio. This means that I get carried a disproportionate amount of the time or I am able to carry my team irregardless of class imbalance.

The fact of the matter is, not enough people q at any given time to have ELO matter. Who you get paired against is only a reflection of who happens to be q'd at that time. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad players on both sides.

For example, a player didn't have a stim on so I suggested he go buy some. He replied I have stims it only lasts 15 seconds (he was trying to use PvE stims in arenas and didn't know about the 2 hour reusable stims). There was a vanguard who got no protection after a round so I suggested he use a taunt. He replied, why would I use that, it's a waste of GCD and the dmg reduction is meh. There are countless people who enter arenas with under 30k hp. So yes, the current state of arenas is whichever teams has more skill will win because it is consumed with so many bads.

For those complaining about class balance, go do 4v4 ranked. I am sure a top tier team will show how viable Operative DPS or Sage DPS or Merc Heals is against you because they are better players.

TLDR: Arenas do not match skill v. skill they match the few ppl in q v. the other few ppl.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

DarthMaulUK
11.07.2013 , 05:38 PM | #19
Great idea to add 'Season 1' to a game that hasn't had balance in months. Top of the leaderboards? The ones with the lolsmash
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

warstory
11.07.2013 , 05:38 PM | #20
Hope and pray for bads lol