Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan
12.07.2013 , 08:57 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
It makes it unenjoyable for you. Not for everyone. Therefor it's not gamebreaking, it's simply a matter of personal opinion.

And by gets out of hand, if you continue to make demands or protests you're likely to receive a warning or worse a suspension/ban since demands and protests are against forum rules.

I'm sorry if it takes longer than two months but welcome to real life and it's thing called dissapointment, I'd recommend you get used to it.
The forum rules says that Petitions are frowned on. It doesn't say they are not allowed. Plus all threads have demands. They would have to ban everyone that makes a thread if demands weren't allowed. That would be silly.

Many people agree with me that this glitch is really annoying. It makes those people less likely to play. Therefore it is gamebreaking. Not everyone has to agree for it to be gamebreaking. If you read all the comments on this thread and all the others about this issue, you will see many people agree. obviously not every agrees but many do. enough people agree to make it worth fixing. 2 and a half months is a bit long for this issue to be going on. There aren't any issues that are more important than this. I mean now there might be sicne update 2.5 was a big update, but there definitely wasn't after 2.3.3 but before 2.5. I think they should have updates more often so they can fix more issues. They use to make updates atleast once a week. Now its like once every 2 to 3 weeks.

McSomething
12.07.2013 , 09:22 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
Many people agree with me that this glitch is really annoying.
Annoying =/= gamebreaking.

Reno_Tarshil
12.07.2013 , 09:42 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
The forum rules says that Petitions are frowned on. It doesn't say they are not allowed. Plus all threads have demands. They would have to ban everyone that makes a thread if demands weren't allowed. That would be silly.

Many people agree with me that this glitch is really annoying. It makes those people less likely to play. Therefore it is gamebreaking. Not everyone has to agree for it to be gamebreaking. If you read all the comments on this thread and all the others about this issue, you will see many people agree. obviously not every agrees but many do. enough people agree to make it worth fixing. 2 and a half months is a bit long for this issue to be going on. There aren't any issues that are more important than this. I mean now there might be sicne update 2.5 was a big update, but there definitely wasn't after 2.3.3 but before 2.5. I think they should have updates more often so they can fix more issues. They use to make updates atleast once a week. Now its like once every 2 to 3 weeks.
Gamebreaking is when something becomes unplayable to the point that it's too drastic to ignore.

First off demand threads are not allowed because I made a joke demand thread that got deleted so I know for a fact they are not allowed.

Secondly this is not gamebreaking, this is a very minor visual issue at best. It doesn't prevent you from successfully playing the game as intended. Just because you don't like the coloring to it and makes you not want to play doesn't mean it's unplayable. This will get fixed when it get's fixed, now settle down.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

arunav
12.07.2013 , 11:01 PM | #74
It's been a problem for months now, and, for A STAR WARS game, I would think light sabers displaying incorrectly would be a priority to fix.

There is also an issue with coloring when sabers are taken out or "sheathed," in that the color of the saber becomes darker.

For everyone who thinks this is minor and not important, take a look at the taxis in-game that still appear and disappear, especially on city planets. That also is minor and cosmetic, though it takes away from the game experience, and hasn't been fixed in over a year.

Same for light sabers?

arunav
12.07.2013 , 11:02 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Gamebreaking is when something becomes unplayable to the point that it's too drastic to ignore.

First off demand threads are not allowed because I made a joke demand thread that got deleted so I know for a fact they are not allowed.

Secondly this is not gamebreaking, this is a very minor visual issue at best. It doesn't prevent you from successfully playing the game as intended. Just because you don't like the coloring to it and makes you not want to play doesn't mean it's unplayable. This will get fixed when it get's fixed, now settle down.
It's hard to take this seriously when YOUR SIGNATURE is a complaint about a crystal's color!

MillionsKNives
12.07.2013 , 11:05 PM | #76
Discharge has been broken for Assassin tanks since about 1.4. Get in line.

Reno_Tarshil
12.07.2013 , 11:19 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
It's hard to take this seriously when YOUR SIGNATURE is a complaint about a crystal's color!
Actually I got a response to my issue and I have been waiting patiently since, you don't see me posting a complaint thread asking them to hurry up now do you?

TC is just impatient and thinks something not game breaking at all needs priority over other issues.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.

Reno_Tarshil
12.07.2013 , 11:20 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
It's been a problem for months now, and, for A STAR WARS game, I would think light sabers displaying incorrectly would be a priority to fix.

There is also an issue with coloring when sabers are taken out or "sheathed," in that the color of the saber becomes darker.

For everyone who thinks this is minor and not important, take a look at the taxis in-game that still appear and disappear, especially on city planets. That also is minor and cosmetic, though it takes away from the game experience, and hasn't been fixed in over a year.

Same for light sabers?
Are you dying on said Taxi? Is your gameplay being hindered at all that you cannot play what so ever?

No? Then it's minor and not game breaking.
Quote:
I like Tacos.

PedgeJameson
12.08.2013 , 12:29 AM | #79
The guys who pay the bills at Bioware have to pool their resources cash-wise to man-hours and productivity. If it doesn't break the game it has to take a back seat until more horrid bugs are ironed out.
That is called working on a budget to keep the big honchos happy and wallets full.

It's not a slap to the company, it's just how a business works. If everyone still plays with their fruit stripe colored sabers tossing all over the place and still subbing, then it just needs to wait. I doubt we will see a 99 percent protest over this.

If they know about it, they will fix it.

Rafaman
12.08.2013 , 01:11 AM | #80
It should be fixed some time after we get guild calendars and guild capitol ships, but right before they sell fragrances in the CM.