Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

Yomitako
12.24.2013 , 08:27 PM | #211
I highly doubt it and I wouldn't hold your breath on it. Bugs are bugs, this is a thing across all MMO's major and minor. They happen, this is a simple fact. They get fixed, when they get around to it. As it stands, you're also in a position to make a decision here to, based on two options. Play, or don't play. It doesn't get any more cut and dry than that. Fact is, they have more important things to worry about (and Christmas season is also upon us which is going to delay things for a little bit) before they address something like this, which, they would see as minor.

And believe me, having been here since beta (with the exception of a timeframe between Mach and now, which I re-subbed only a week or so ago), addressing bugs as vocally as you are on here, really gets you nowhere. Many other people have tried, and have been given the same unresponsive cold shoulder as they're wont (sp?) to do. But that's not to say that the issue won't get fixed. It'll just get fixed when they decide that it fits into their bug fixing agenda. It's not like they aren't fixing bugs, and you have to admit, even for yourself, that they've been doing a decent job (maybe not outstanding, but decent), at getting rid of some of the problematic areas of the game (Anyone remember Eternity Vault Pylon puzzle when the pylons would no longer respond?).

Anyways, I hope, as a fellow player, that this bug gets resolved sooner rather than later, but I prefer to take a realistic and more conservative approach, in that this kind of bug, so long as it doesn't cause multitudes of players the inability to actually play the game (immersion is not included in this). Which approach you take, is your right. That's about all I can give. it's not exactly positive, but I hope that I don't come across as negative either, I just prefer to remain on the realistic side of things, and not let the littler things like this bother me. (My opinion only)

theUndead
12.24.2013 , 09:30 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
I will keep emailing them until they let me make threads again. Its quite simple.
Simple? How about a perma ban, would that still be considered simple?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

AshlaBoga
12.24.2013 , 10:42 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by McSomething View Post
Am I the only one that, at this point, hopes they never fix the "issue" so that this topic can continue on ad infinitum?
I'm hoping they don't fix it because I've grown to to like it.

If they fix this then they have no reason not to fix Kallig's Countenance.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

branmakmuffin
12.25.2013 , 10:15 AM | #214
I am not the only one making it serious. many other people on this thread and other threads agree with me.
But no one else takes it seriously that you take it so seriously.

watermelonfan
12.26.2013 , 02:28 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
But no one else takes it seriously that you take it so seriously.
that's because most people are too quick to give up. I'm not like most people.

watermelonfan
12.26.2013 , 02:30 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Simple? How about a perma ban, would that still be considered simple?
A permanent ban doesn't stop me from constantly appealing through email.

theUndead
12.26.2013 , 02:45 PM | #217
A permanent ban doesn't stop me from constantly appealing through email.
Yes it does, they will block you from their mailing lists eventually and all your correspondence will go to junk mail.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

McSomething
12.26.2013 , 05:30 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
In a Star Wars game, light sabers changing colors when used is not a minor visual bug. It's a major one.
It's hardly noticeable (unless you're looking for it), and doesn't effect gameplay in the slightest. It's minor.

watermelonfan
12.26.2013 , 05:56 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Yes it does, they will block you from their mailing lists eventually and all your correspondence will go to junk mail.
If they do that then I can make a new email which won't go to their junk mail. You see, there are usually work arounds. I'm a very smart person.

watermelonfan
12.26.2013 , 06:01 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by McSomething View Post
It's hardly noticeable (unless you're looking for it), and doesn't effect gameplay in the slightest. It's minor.
Its obnoxiously noticeable. Anyone that does not notice it is either blind, color blind ,or very unaware of their surroundings. If your that unaware then you should not be playing this game because this game requires you to be aware of your surroundings. If you can't do that then you will not perform well in this game.