Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan
12.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #181
Look at all the people who are unhappy bioware. Why are you letting this go unfixed for 3 freaking months. All those unhappy players pay a subscription which pays your salary. You should listen to us.This is not a minor issue. This visual glitch is rediciously noticeable and very annoying. You have to be blind or color blind to not notice this. This has been broken since update 2.3.3. very noticeable comestic glitches matter too, Not just gamebreaking glitches. You have barely even been fixing gamebreaking stuff lately. What have you been doing all of this time? The only thing I have seen is the new space pvp and the life day event. life day was nothing but utter laziness this year. I don't see what your doing that is preventing you from fixing one of the worst cosmetic glitches of all time in SWTOR.

MillionsKNives
12.23.2013 , 02:11 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
This is not a minor issue.
Yes it is.

PetFish
12.23.2013 , 02:42 PM | #183
I know 10 people in my guild who no longer play because of this glitch.
That is sad that you let this get to you so much that you quit, so, please stay away cuz the next glitch that makes you all quit might be that your lightsaber blade is 5% shorter than it should be or your speeder is moving at 109% instead of 110%.

What petty nonsense.
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

Atma
12.23.2013 , 03:12 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
That is sad that you let this get to you so much that you quit, so, please stay away cuz the next glitch that makes you all quit might be that your lightsaber blade is 5% shorter than it should be or your speeder is moving at 109% instead of 110%.

What petty nonsense.
Seriously. I use Saber Throw all the time and I honestly haven't even noticed this. It's a minor bug. It'll get fixed when it gets fixed.
Prophecy of the Five
Covu - 55 Sith Juggernaut

ScarletBlaze
12.23.2013 , 03:19 PM | #185
I may not have evidence for it, but I know for a fact that it is true. evidence and truth are 2 different things. I can know something is true but have no documented evidence to support it.
I hate to be the one to say this without evidence support it then it comes down just to you saying it. If this was taken to Court and you had no documented evidence to support it the Judge would throw the case out.

So what everyone is saying without proof it is only what you are saying with no actua proof to back it up so this cold be classified as your opinion.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

psandak
12.23.2013 , 03:33 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Although presented in a silly manner, this is something that does need to be fixed. It's not ruining my gameplay but it is slightly annoying and to the point that I really get tired of seeing it all the time. I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I can't imagine it would be a difficult and very time consuming fix for something to small.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 months to fix a simple issue.
It may be more difficult than you think. Obviously, some patch code had an unintended consequence, but which line(s) are causing the glitch? That is the problem with debugging, especially debugging something that was not supposed to be affected by anything the code was intended to accomplish.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Wow, I'm torn.

Do I put watermelonfan on ignore because he made this badly-thought-out, self-centered request and is now throwing a 4-year-old tantrum about it?

Or do I keep him off ignore because it's such a LOLfest?
I'm with you on this. I normally do not read every post in threads like this but I just cannot turn away

I only made one comment on this thread that was demanding. after that I have been saying reasons why I think this should be fixed and why I am upset. And for the record, I am not an idiot. I am an A student in school. that's just for the record. And if you think what I am doing is so inmature then your not any better now that you called me an idiot. Please don't be a hypocrite. Another reason I am still complaining is because Bioware is ignoring this. Its very inmature and unprofessional to ignore a customer. I'm not saying they are required to fix it. They obiviously can't do everything that every customer wants. But its very bad service not to atleast acknowledge what a customer is saying.

I have also tried posting this issue in a less goofy manner. Those got no replies at all and far less views. So presenting this the way I am is better.
What school would that be? Elementary?

Look at all the people who are unhappy bioware. Why are you letting this go unfixed for 3 freaking months. All those unhappy players pay a subscription which pays your salary. You should listen to us.This is not a minor issue. This visual glitch is rediciously noticeable and very annoying. You have to be blind or color blind to not notice this. This has been broken since update 2.3.3. very noticeable comestic glitches matter too, Not just gamebreaking glitches. You have barely even been fixing gamebreaking stuff lately. What have you been doing all of this time? The only thing I have seen is the new space pvp and the life day event. life day was nothing but utter laziness this year. I don't see what your doing that is preventing you from fixing one of the worst cosmetic glitches of all time in SWTOR.
How many are actually unhappy with this glitch? In 19 pages of a single thread, maybe a dozen players have actually posted that they would leave the game over this. A dozen of just under half a million subs (who can post on these forums). Let's just assume for a moment that there's a hundred times that "suffering in silence" across the nearly 1.8 million accounts (sub, preferred, and F2P). That's still not even 1% of the population.

Is this glitch annoying to a "significant" number of players? Yes. Is it annoying enough to quit playing? The overwhelming majority would say no. To the dozen or so players who have posted on these forums... I dare you: put your money where your mouth is. I dare you to unsub now. Because it will probably be YEARS before this cosmetic glitch is fixed.

watermelonfan
12.23.2013 , 08:37 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post

What petty nonsense.
Those aren't fair comparisons. The examples you provided aren't nearly as severe as the saber throw color glitch. This glitch is far far far more noticeable than the examples you gave me. No one would quit or even notice the glitch examples that you described. try again.

And you read this wrong. I haven't quit over this glitch yet. Only people in my guild have.

watermelonfan
12.23.2013 , 08:45 PM | #188
This glitch shouldn't take years to fix. This glitch was caused by update 2.3.3. All the developers need to do is look at the changes made with that patch and figure out what caused it. Then fix it. They have fixed glitches within a week many times. They have also done it over night. So I know for a fact it doesn't take that long. Based on the recent patch notes, you can see they have barely fixed anything. I haven't decided yet If I'm going to quit yet, but I am certainly considering it. If they also glitch twin/dual saber throw the same way as a single lightsaber throw, then I will definitely quit. That will be the last straw.

watermelonfan
12.23.2013 , 09:01 PM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I hate to be the one to say this without evidence support it then it comes down just to you saying it. If this was taken to Court and you had no documented evidence to support it the Judge would throw the case out.

So what everyone is saying without proof it is only what you are saying with no actua proof to back it up so this cold be classified as your opinion.
Its not an opinion because it is either true or false. you can't classify a statement as an opinion if its possible its true. In this scenario you would have to classify it as a rumor or a theory. But you are correct about a judge throwing the case out if there is no documented proof.

McSomething
12.23.2013 , 09:51 PM | #190
Am I the only one that, at this point, hopes they never fix the "issue" so that this topic can continue on ad infinitum?