Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

bobothereal
12.01.2013 , 06:20 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Best is to talk to your ISP, show them those tests and tell them you are getting consistent packet loss between your modem and them, they will be able to run a test and should be able to tell if an obvious issue exists.

Here in Australia a cable tap outside can corrode over time and can cause loss as seen ( example)
Okay ill contact them, thank you very much for the help! Ill get back here and tell what happens!

Ifolad
12.01.2013 , 02:41 PM | #102
Renegade: why does my ISP have not a clue why i'm getting 10-20k MS of lagspikes every few minutes or so non-stop. They have came to my house, got on my computer, did tests, concluded that i DO NOT have a virus, driver, firmware problem, or any issues with my OS and network adapters etc.

THEN they stated and i quote, "we don't know why it's doing that, it's probably your computer even though we have concluded it's not, our equipment is perfect, we can't fix your problem, have a nice day".

My ISP is KanOkla Networks LLC. Homebase for them is in Caldwell Kansas.

I have been having this issue since april 21 2013.

All online games, MMO, FPS, RTS, ALL have this problem. My web browsing is effected even.

Any ideas? The only useful information i have been able to get from my isp is that they need to upgrade their towers. However, i have friends who play online games who have same ISP who don't have this problem. Also, they are on a lesser speed plan than i am. I have tried in vain to get them to replace my docsis 2 modem with a docsis 3 modem. The techs didn't know what docsis 3 was ROFL.

Lastly, ONCE per day, for around exactly an hour, my ISP seems to "allow" me to get on game,(this can be anytime, seems they let me play for one hour per day, no i don't live with my parents lol i'm 32 years old) but i know that at anytime i will get 1redbar or redXofdeath, see 10-15k ms spike, then back to my normal range of 66-85ms, then 10-12k, repeats till i log off game and wait 12-16 hours before trying again.

If i take my PC to a friends house who has cox cable game/computer runs fine, if i take my PC to friend with same ISP but at a different location, game/computer runs fine. Only at my house does it behave this way. All computers/devices that i can possibly connect to my network suffer same behaviors. Normally, i have EITHER my work PC or my gaming PC online at a time, not both. This behavior effects ipads, iphones, anything that will connect to my network.

Even a I'm sorry this is happening bro from you would suffice, as i have almost given up online gaming because of this.

-Ifolad the Unmasked

Ifolad
12.01.2013 , 03:09 PM | #103
EDIT: everytime i have attempted to run the tracert and pathping while in game it sends me to the server select before the pathping finishes with an error 9000

OwenBrooks
12.01.2013 , 03:11 PM | #104
how are you connecting to the modem ?

Edit - I guess of all the devices affected , is it the same by Ethernet cable as with Wireless ?

if just wireless set the channel width to 20MHz and try changing the channel

ArcturusSaDiablo
12.09.2013 , 05:06 PM | #105
tracert:
Spoiler

pathping:
Spoiler
Arcturus SaDiablo: Known Troublemaker
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

renegadeimp
12.09.2013 , 05:23 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcturusSaDiablo View Post
tracert:
Spoiler

pathping:
Spoiler
Your Isp Seems to be having a slight issue on their network. This gives you slightly increase latency and a small amount of packet loss. This continues right through the network to the server. You wont have severe latency, but it will be constant.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

ArcturusSaDiablo
12.09.2013 , 05:35 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Your Isp Seems to be having a slight issue on their network. This gives you slightly increase latency and a small amount of packet loss. This continues right through the network to the server. You wont have severe latency, but it will be constant.
Exactly, this wouldn't be causing constant near-total packet loss to the ToR server while in game. Yes, I know Comcast is regularly awful, but that doesn't explain this. Not only that, the same issue was being seen by several of my fellow guildies, and we are all over the US.
PAXIMPERIUS

renegadeimp
12.09.2013 , 06:04 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcturusSaDiablo View Post
Exactly, this wouldn't be causing constant near-total packet loss to the ToR server while in game. Yes, I know Comcast is regularly awful, but that doesn't explain this. Not only that, the same issue was being seen by several of my fellow guildies, and we are all over the US.
It does explain it. Comcast is very VERY well known for their shoddy network, especially for online gaming. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they are traffic shaping you, and they will deny it. Comcast dont seem to like to take the blame, even though the logs clearly identify Comcast as the problem.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

renegadeimp
12.09.2013 , 06:08 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifolad View Post
Renegade: why does my ISP have not a clue why i'm getting 10-20k MS of lagspikes every few minutes or so non-stop. They have came to my house, got on my computer, did tests, concluded that i DO NOT have a virus, driver, firmware problem, or any issues with my OS and network adapters etc.

THEN they stated and i quote, "we don't know why it's doing that, it's probably your computer even though we have concluded it's not, our equipment is perfect, we can't fix your problem, have a nice day".

My ISP is KanOkla Networks LLC. Homebase for them is in Caldwell Kansas.

I have been having this issue since april 21 2013.

All online games, MMO, FPS, RTS, ALL have this problem. My web browsing is effected even.

Any ideas? The only useful information i have been able to get from my isp is that they need to upgrade their towers. However, i have friends who play online games who have same ISP who don't have this problem. Also, they are on a lesser speed plan than i am. I have tried in vain to get them to replace my docsis 2 modem with a docsis 3 modem. The techs didn't know what docsis 3 was ROFL.

Lastly, ONCE per day, for around exactly an hour, my ISP seems to "allow" me to get on game,(this can be anytime, seems they let me play for one hour per day, no i don't live with my parents lol i'm 32 years old) but i know that at anytime i will get 1redbar or redXofdeath, see 10-15k ms spike, then back to my normal range of 66-85ms, then 10-12k, repeats till i log off game and wait 12-16 hours before trying again.

If i take my PC to a friends house who has cox cable game/computer runs fine, if i take my PC to friend with same ISP but at a different location, game/computer runs fine. Only at my house does it behave this way. All computers/devices that i can possibly connect to my network suffer same behaviors. Normally, i have EITHER my work PC or my gaming PC online at a time, not both. This behavior effects ipads, iphones, anything that will connect to my network.

Even a I'm sorry this is happening bro from you would suffice, as i have almost given up online gaming because of this.

-Ifolad the Unmasked
I only just saw this. My apologies. Your ISP sounds like a third rate one, and the engineer ( if you can even call him that) is woefully undereducated, and seems to be performing from a book, instead of thinking the problem through and checking all sources.

Your hone network could be fine, your exchange could be fine, but as soon as it hits your ISP's netowrk, it could degrade terribly. If this happens, most third rate or independant ISP's will never accept blame due to negative publicity and costs incurred of putting it right, and lost subscribers. Its much easier for them to blame the end server, even when the problem is completely their issue.

Thats why we always ask for certain logs. The logs dont like. They are a realtime reflection of the current connection and route to a specific server> No matter what your ISP says, if the log clearly shows a fault in their system, then theres a fault in their system.

ArcturusSaDiablo
12.09.2013 , 06:11 PM | #110
Sorry, your math here just doesn't add up. The latency across the Comcast network was small in comparison to what I was getting while in game. And just for the record, was running an independent tool to check ping and packet loss to the ToR servers. The latency and packet loss I saw was way outside the bounds of what I posted here.

It's easy to blame a company like Comcast, notorious for network issues and bad service. But that should never just be the default answer when things aren't optimal. It's not always the network.
PAXIMPERIUS