Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

renegadeimp
11.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #1
So, since there seems to be a pretty large amount of people experiencing connection issues lately, and there is a lack of an official consolidation thread on the topic, i've created this thread to help both players and the developers.

If you are having issues with your connection and the game, please read and follow the advice below.
Only post info relating to the game. Please dont go offtopic, as the more accurate info we can gather, the easier it will be for the developers to help you guys out.

NOTE: This is NOT a troubleshooting guide as such, but more of an information gathering thread. Although if people can help each other out with diagnosing the issues, feel free to do so.
--------------------------------
When posting your log results, please make sure you post your Country/State/region/ISP and whether you are connected via wireless or cable.

Also, please post a log when you do not have any latency issues, and when you do. Make sure you note the times of each.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure if these Ip's are fully up to date, but they should be ok. Please correct me if i am wrong and i'll edit them.

If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

If you are slightly computer savvy, you can try the following to get the exact server IP:

Spoiler

Please click the button below for the first program.

Spoiler

Now for the second program.

Spoiler

As i said, ONLY post the info requested in order to keep things on topic and accurate. Thanks for your help.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

KnightGreg
11.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #2
So I just tried the steps in the first Spoiler box and it said "Access is Denied". Is that because I'm using my dorm's internet?
Grëggy Evilgreg Doode Linda

renegadeimp
11.05.2013 , 05:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightGreg View Post
So I just tried the steps in the first Spoiler box and it said "Access is Denied". Is that because I'm using my dorm's internet?
Nah you probably need to elevate your user privileges due to your security settings. You can just type CMD in the search box on the start menu and right click > Run as admin to bypass it.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

KnightGreg
11.05.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4
Alright so I ran as admin, did all the steps, hit Enter, and now it's just sitting there. Do I just need to wait for it to do its thing?

renegadeimp
11.05.2013 , 05:45 PM | #5
Alright so I ran as admin, did all the steps, hit Enter, and now it's just sitting there. Do I just need to wait for it to do its thing?
Yep. It may take a while. especially if you are on a dorm computer. The IP's may be slightly off as well, so make sure you refer back to the thread regularly incase they get updated.

KnightGreg
11.05.2013 , 05:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Yep. It may take a while. especially if you are on a dorm computer. The IP's may be slightly off as well, so make sure you refer back to the thread regularly incase they get updated.
Alright thanks. Just so I know, what am I looking for once it gets going?

renegadeimp
11.05.2013 , 05:48 PM | #7
Alright thanks. Just so I know, what am I looking for once it gets going?
Post the logs and we can check through them. I've edited the Original post to include a method to get the current IP for your server. I havent got access to the game right now, so i cant manually check for myself.

KnightGreg
11.05.2013 , 05:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Post the logs and we can check through them. I've edited the Original post to include a method to get the current IP for your server. I havent got access to the game right now, so i cant manually check for myself.
Alright

renegadeimp
11.06.2013 , 06:17 AM | #9
Bump!

MasterWxman
11.06.2013 , 06:32 PM | #10
k... did the first one.

Second one says "pathping" is not recognized as an internal or external command.
A.E.S.K Achiever 67%, Explorer 67%, Socializer 33%, Killer 33%