Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor 2 and the next expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Swtor 2 and the next expansion

Darkulous
11.05.2013 , 10:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
I think SWTOR is a really good attempt, and shouldn't go, it just needs expansion to add all those things you've mentioned.. the game can go on.

I would think that they'd add a space game, where your ship continues to level, very EVE online/SWG kind, sandboxy, while the land game continues in a new light..

including vertical usage, large living open worlds, a much improved version of the current game, and by improvement. I mean things that weren't done before, like force jumps, actual rocket booster usage, improved combat animations and moves, hybrid classes
I just don't think EA is interested in those things. I think the engine they chose for this game also forever limits what they can do and add. I want a developer that makes SW their one priority.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

Infernixx
11.05.2013 , 10:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
I just don't think EA is interested in those things. I think the engine they chose for this game also forever limits what they can do and add. I want a developer that makes SW their one priority.
I think people should stop expecting TOR to be whatever particular type of game that they're interested in, in the moment.

I think people should realize that it's unrealistic to expect an MMO designed like TOR to be a sandbox exploration MMO.

I think it's unrealistic to have expectations for this game to be everything to everyone and satisfying to no one at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Darkulous
11.05.2013 , 11:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I think people should stop expecting TOR to be whatever particular type of game that they're interested in, in the moment.

I think people should realize that it's unrealistic to expect an MMO designed like TOR to be a sandbox exploration MMO.

I think it's unrealistic to have expectations for this game to be everything to everyone and satisfying to no one at all.
I think it's unrealistic to expect Star War fans to not have expectations. But I'm glad Eric Musco agrees with you. That's good to know.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

Bojangle
11.05.2013 , 11:46 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
I'd rather someone make a new SW MMO then keep this one going. SWTOR is a good game and people like to play it, but that's primarily because it's "Star Wars" imo.

There is sooo much potential for a SW MMO. Real open space. Large living open worlds. Vehicle usage in PvP.

SWTOR was a good attempt and I'm glad the game was made. A lot of lessons were learned.
You are talking about a sandbox version of SW which I know you are hinting at SWG. Already been done and bombed. They couldn't even get 300k active subs and this was before WoW and all the other mmo's after. No thanks to another sandbox SW. For me anyways.
(•)≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

ImpactHound
11.05.2013 , 11:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bojangle View Post
You are talking about a sandbox version of SW which I know you are hinting at SWG. Already been done and bombed. They couldn't even get 300k active subs and this was before WoW and all the other mmo's after. No thanks to another sandbox SW. For me anyways.
You are jumping to conclusions.

Clarian
11.05.2013 , 01:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
what would you hope would be included in this game?
The next three or four chapters of the class stories, for all eight classes.

TheNahash
11.05.2013 , 01:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Not surprising, you play BioWare games.
I'm a boy who likes girls. I also play BW games. Is that surprising too?

OP, 5 years is a really long time for an expansion or even a relaunch.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Nomaad
11.05.2013 , 01:54 PM | #28
We already exist and play this game. Shocking, isn't it?

"My People do not believe the lies on the holonet."

Tatile
11.05.2013 , 01:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
We already exist and play this game. Shocking, isn't it?

"My People do not believe the lies on the holonet."
You are correct! I am, in fact, A UNICORN!

Nodulo
11.05.2013 , 01:57 PM | #30
Sadly, I can foresee just enough content to keep mild interest and all the while milking money from the cartel market coin purchases.
I can't even imagine the amount of revenue they have brought in from CC sales. I would imagine it's staggering considering it's roughly $50 for a single hypercrate.