Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor 2 and the next expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Swtor 2 and the next expansion

AlaricSevGirl
11.05.2013 , 09:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
You think Disney is insane enough to pay 100+ million $ for an additional month worth of content?

8 x Class stories ARE OVER and BURIED, now they can finally work on content with long term value.
How the hell does doing the same thing day in and day out have long term value? Really, think about it. If they continue to add stuff like Oricon and Makeb, they'll continue to loose subbers until the game fades away with F2P players.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant

AlexDougherty
11.05.2013 , 09:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
You think Disney is insane enough to pay 100+ million $ for an additional month worth of content?

8 x Class stories ARE OVER and BURIED, now they can finally work on content with long term value.
They could easily add class stories without going overboard, all they need to do is add a few class specific mission givers, and a few new buildings.

You go upto the appropriate missions giver, the little triangle above them stays grey if your the wrong class, get the mission and go to a new building/doorway, and after that it's just like a regular mission. They don't even have to make them mandatory, we would gladly do them to continue the class stories, they just need some sort of overall arc. It would be no more complicated or costly than the bounty hunting events.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Infernixx
11.05.2013 , 09:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
They could easily add class stories without going overboard, all they need to do is add a few class specific mission givers, and a few new buildings.

You go upto the appropriate missions giver, the little triangle above them stays grey if your the wrong class, get the mission and go to a new building/doorway, and after that it's just like a regular mission. They don't even have to make them mandatory, we would gladly do them to continue the class stories, they just need some sort of overall arc. It would be no more complicated or costly than the bounty hunting events.
It's not just devising an easy way to develop a layout for the quests. It's doing more voice acting, calling in all the companions again to do more voice acting, with change in the script accounting for race, sex, flirts, and class itself.

Voice Acting is immensely expensive as they've said and they believe that money can be put to better use in long-term content like FPs and Ops, Warzones, new planets and what not.

Plus, they've said that the class story is basically the 'prologue' of the characters, bringing them to the present and giving them a foundation on which to build group story and content.

Given the choice, I'd rather see more Oricon, CZ-198 and Makeb and GS and not so much individual story content anymore.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

jedip_enguin
11.05.2013 , 09:44 AM | #14
Sometimes when I dream I want a pony.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

TUXs
11.05.2013 , 09:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
That's at least realistic
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Darkulous
11.05.2013 , 10:11 AM | #16
I'd rather someone make a new SW MMO then keep this one going. SWTOR is a good game and people like to play it, but that's primarily because it's "Star Wars" imo.

There is sooo much potential for a SW MMO. Real open space. Large living open worlds. Vehicle usage in PvP.

SWTOR was a good attempt and I'm glad the game was made. A lot of lessons were learned.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

ImpactHound
11.05.2013 , 10:11 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That's at least realistic
or a mod on TF2 brony servers.

AlexDougherty
11.05.2013 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
isn't that about 25?
(Pony is slang for an amount of money in london for non-brits)
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Macetheace
11.05.2013 , 10:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
It's not just devising an easy way to develop a layout for the quests. It's doing more voice acting, calling in all the companions again to do more voice acting, with change in the script accounting for race, sex, flirts, and class itself.

Voice Acting is immensely expensive as they've said and they believe that money can be put to better use in long-term content like FPs and Ops, Warzones, new planets and what not.

Plus, they've said that the class story is basically the 'prologue' of the characters, bringing them to the present and giving them a foundation on which to build group story and content.

Given the choice, I'd rather see more Oricon, CZ-198 and Makeb and GS and not so much individual story content anymore.
According to bioware, the voice was not the expensive thing, it was more how they did it. THe extensive options and everything. SWtOR made the guiness world book of records .. a first in the entertainment industry.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

Macetheace
11.05.2013 , 10:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkulous View Post
I'd rather someone make a new SW MMO then keep this one going. SWTOR is a good game and people like to play it, but that's primarily because it's "Star Wars" imo.

There is sooo much potential for a SW MMO. Real open space. Large living open worlds. Vehicle usage in PvP.

SWTOR was a good attempt and I'm glad the game was made. A lot of lessons were learned.
I think SWTOR is a really good attempt, and shouldn't go, it just needs expansion to add all those things you've mentioned.. the game can go on.

I would think that they'd add a space game, where your ship continues to level, very EVE online/SWG kind, sandboxy, while the land game continues in a new light..

including vertical usage, large living open worlds, a much improved version of the current game, and by improvement. I mean things that weren't done before, like force jumps, actual rocket booster usage, improved combat animations and moves, hybrid classes
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.