Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CarpeSangrea
11.05.2013 , 08:13 AM | #21
It doesn't support paypal because use of paypal requires a web interface, which would defeat the purpose of being able to purchase in-game in the first place.

Nemesida
11.05.2013 , 08:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
It doesn't support paypal because use of paypal requires a web interface, which would defeat the purpose of being able to purchase in-game in the first place.
Well cool, enabling in game feature still requires you to go to webpage. Or viewing leger. So whats the big difference? Also buying coins in game takes you to website to complete transaction anyway. So? This system are complete mess.

Seriously Bioware, hire internal testing team, if you already have one, fire them and hire professionals, because their logic is off.

NRN_Hawk
11.05.2013 , 08:24 AM | #23
Too bad it doesn't work with paypal. So no purchase at this time. Bought too many coins as a Subscriber anyway. Seeing the current state of the game makes me kinda sad... but I hope the additional money will still help to optimize the engine a bit more and stuff.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - You can hate, but you too will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com ~

Mapnah
11.05.2013 , 08:45 AM | #24
I can't use my Credit Card nor PayPal Account linked to it to buy Cartel Coins. I want to mention that I bought sub with it yesterday and that I also have money on it but I can't use it to buy Cartel Coins. I get the NU1010 error, any help ?

Deweymaverick
11.05.2013 , 08:55 AM | #25
As a dad, I have few questions about this:

Once the ability to purchase coins is enabled, can it be disabled?

I'd really like the ability to toggle this... so I don't have kids buying stuff on accident.

Also, do you have to enter a password or use an authenticator code each time? Or is this a one click shopping thing?

SethMorganaa
11.05.2013 , 09:36 AM | #26
you can just use a bank card, simple as

p.s So Visa will work, have u tried it yet, or have just read, and whining?

They actually mention you can use a bank card

TUXs
11.05.2013 , 09:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Let me see if I understand this:
When this deal is live, you need to buy Cartel Coins off the website, at full price.
Only when then finalizes, can you buy Cartel Coins in-game, for half price. But only once.

When this deal ends, it forgets everything, so next time the deal comes up, you need buy Cartel Coins off the website, to activate it in-game, to buy Cartel Coins half price, etc.

?
I was wondering the same thing...I make monthly purchases on my card as it is with my sub...this smells of a scam.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

SethMorganaa
11.05.2013 , 09:43 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
And as stated above

oh dear me

SethMorganaa
11.05.2013 , 09:53 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I was wondering the same thing...I make monthly purchases on my card as it is with my sub...this smells of a scam.
Lol, U have just had to have made a single purchase

TUXs
11.05.2013 , 10:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SethMorganaa View Post
Lol, U have just had to have made a single purchase
What do you consider my recurring subscription? VISA considers it a purchase.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)