Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mjczz
11.06.2013 , 07:44 PM | #101
I've been with this game since beta and I have to say that I don't think subscribers get enough back from the game to keep paying the subscription.

Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
You have to realize: when I can't use my prefered paying method, I wont buy anything.

For this game i use paypal. I can use it to pay my subsription, but not for the CC. Customers don't care what problems your developer have. The payment in this game ist just an confusing chaotic mess!

You can pay this with that, but not that with this... ***!

Want my money? With such a poor payment system you wont get it! Why can't you do anything right? Payment has to be easy for the buyer!

Not to mention the buy first on the website thing, then buy ingame.

What about this: send a letter EA, dance in the backyard, run around in circles, then buy CC ingame!?

Unruhe
11.06.2013 , 08:07 PM | #102
So you have to buy coins, before they let you buy coins at the discount for the "promotion"?

Stuff like this is why I honestly regret that I currently play and mostly enjoy this game.

Unruhe
11.06.2013 , 08:13 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
So this method is directed at the big Cartel Coin spenders only? I was thinking of making one purchase to take advantage of the deal, but there is no way that I'm spending additional money on the website beforehand just so I can use this feature.
Yeah, this is rubbish. I was thinking of throwing down 40$ to get some collection unlocks because, apart from a sub that I just recently renewed, I haven't paid anything else into this game since I pre-ordered it.

Seeing that they arm twist you into paying them, before you can pay them again (at a discount) just kind of sours the whole deal, to the point where I probably won't buy any coins at all.

This is just like that "complimentary cartel coin" fiasco back when they first went F2P -- if you paid for their game, you had "free" coins going into the F2P conversion, but you couldn't get those coins unless you subscribed, after the game went F2P.

Load of bull****

Lordannoyed
11.06.2013 , 08:22 PM | #104
Sounds like a lot of bugs still to work out. I'm going to hold off on buying coins till they figure out what is going on.

GalacticKegger
11.06.2013 , 08:47 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemesida View Post
Well cool, enabling in game feature still requires you to go to webpage. Or viewing leger. So whats the big difference? Also buying coins in game takes you to website to complete transaction anyway. So? This system are complete mess.

Seriously Bioware, hire internal testing team, if you already have one, fire them and hire professionals, because their logic is off.
Only for the first transaction to connect My Account billing information to the game client.

A consideration for those who are having issues ... do you have your credit card information saved in your My Account billing information? The service won't work as intended if you don't. It can't automate the purchase process if the billing information it relies on for automation isn't there.
Peace out . . .

nerdofprey
11.06.2013 , 11:31 PM | #106
I'm getting the same bug as a lot of people:

I have bought cartel coins RECENTLY with a CREDIT CARD which is SAVED and it still won't let me activate the in-game thing without making a purchase. I was all set to blow some money on hutt bux but this has put a damper on things.
Uftax "The Brute"
Vice President - Mantellian Outlaw Element Swoop Club
moe.enjin.com

AshlaBoga
11.06.2013 , 11:50 PM | #107
You should all join me in not buying Cartel Coins.

If thousands stopped buying coins and posted their reason for doing so was stuff like: The Investigator's Robes still having 2.5 hoods (they fixed Revan's but not that one), and some of the recuperative items not working with Troopers, you bet they'd get around to fixing those. When they first released the CM the items weren't bugged. Now? The CM stuff is buggy. Boycott it and demand they fix the buggy stuff.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

HARRIBEL
11.07.2013 , 02:54 AM | #108
I enable function in site, but still in game not work add coins i only see window witch text requesting data and load icon and nothing more

Galapagohs
11.07.2013 , 04:05 AM | #109
When will we know when they've fixed it?

synfoola
11.07.2013 , 04:19 AM | #110
Having a feeling this promotion will pass me by. Not feeling the slightest regret about it, though. All my coin purchases through Paypal mean nothing as it's excluded and the convoluted way you have to purchase on the site and then in-game is ridiculous.