Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,315 69.25%
Operations 926 27.70%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.50%
Companions 882 26.38%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 618 18.49%
Planets 1,389 41.55%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.41%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 811 24.26%
Legacy 832 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.16%
Playable Races 982 29.37%
New Class 1,380 41.28%
Other 224 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3343. You may not vote on this poll

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
05.04.2014 , 08:42 PM | #831
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yup. Top five.

An interesting distribution by those that replied. What I find telling is that I was around from the beginning of this poll and it continues to bubble up when new respondents find it. But what is interesting is that the distribution has been pretty consistent over time. It does vary a little bit, but not much.

Last, while the poll is a bit flawed as poll go, it is a statistically relevant sample size and definitely a relevant data point.
This poll is insignificant for the most part.

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

This has been brought up more than once but here it goes again...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...nfographic.jpg

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Legowaffles's Avatar


Legowaffles
05.04.2014 , 10:53 PM | #832
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
This poll is insignificant for the most part.

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

This has been brought up more than once but here it goes again...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...nfographic.jpg

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.
That's great, but pulling data from the live servers will only get them pure statistics, it won't tell them what people want more of. For example, just because someone does PvP 24/7 or Operations 24/7 and only has one character does not mean they wouldn't prefer more Class Story content instead of more PvP or Operation content.

For the Record, I voted:

Class Story,
Space Content,
Character Customization (How about letting us change our character's appearance without CC huh?),
Legacy (Bug fixes, there is a Space Mission for Imperials that STILL can't have it's achievements completed; Maybe updating the Family Tree? We're the only ones who can ever see the stupid thing so far as I am aware),
Other (Quality of Life Improvements; Being able to give gifts to companions in bulk, being able to move all the modifications in Item X to Item Y (where possible) in one action, things like that.)

Saiaku's Avatar


Saiaku
05.04.2014 , 11:07 PM | #833
I'd also love to see a complete mount rewamp.
Give mounts modification slots for speed, endurance, effects (exhaust jet color, lights etc), passenger seats, guild mounts. Right now we have a bunch of cool mount models, but they are all and the same when it comes down to it.
Hidden Beks -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
05.05.2014 , 02:14 AM | #834
Ah.....this again.

The playground for conspiracy theorists, apologists and ragers. Fun Fun Fun.

Phain's Avatar


Phain
05.05.2014 , 02:34 AM | #835
PLEASE add Kel Dor as a playable race
Thank you

1. PvP Content
2. Operations
3. Playable Races
4. Mini Games
5. Character Customization
"Looking for consciousness in the brain is like looking inside a radio for the announcer."
― Nassim Haramein

chillshock's Avatar


chillshock
05.05.2014 , 03:14 AM | #836
I want to make my ship my home. Maybe even put up a second mailbox near the market & storage. And mission terminals on the bridge. xD

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
05.05.2014 , 05:35 AM | #837
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
This poll is insignificant for the most part.

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

This has been brought up more than once but here it goes again...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...nfographic.jpg

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.
Heh. You are missing my point. The data is relevant. You are talking about a sample size that gives a what... +2/-2 variance in a very large population. You may not like the poll, but the sheer number of responses alone makes it a relevant data point. What BW chooses to do with the data or how they define valid data is another matter.

As to what method BW or any other business has to gather data, they are numerous. But this was organic and simple; a user created poll and responses. My guess is that this poll in large part mirrors what the other data gathering validates in much more detail.

Last, if you monitor the Cantina Tours with any frequency you will see this poll borne out in the questions from those attending.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
05.05.2014 , 07:54 AM | #838
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Heh. You are missing my point. The data is relevant. You are talking about a sample size that gives a what... +2/-2 variance in a very large population. You may not like the poll, but the sheer number of responses alone makes it a relevant data point. What BW chooses to do with the data or how they define valid data is another matter.

As to what method BW or any other business has to gather data, they are numerous. But this was organic and simple; a user created poll and responses. My guess is that this poll in large part mirrors what the other data gathering validates in much more detail.

Last, if you monitor the Cantina Tours with any frequency you will see this poll borne out in the questions from those attending.
You misunderstand; I didn't say I didn't like the poll... "Liking" has no place in it.

My point is that the data is not as relevant as you make it out to be, seeing you have no way of actually knowing how much accurate it is or if people, when casting their votes, are being sincere .

Such issue does NOT apply to whatever info they can pull from the live servers.

They can check at any moment how many people play the class stories, how many actually finish them, how many play them again, how many do operations on a regular basis, how many play PvP, GSF and so forth.

If you have a thousand people voting - for example - on more GSF content and yet only have 50 people playing them at any given time, on the most populated server, you actually believe thye're going to consider the info that the poll provides, when confronted with the one they get from live servers? That they're going to rethink their strategy, based on a poll such as this?

Again, data gathering such as this is just way too imprecise to ever be releant. Direct data-gather from the live servers just wins every time.

Quote:
Last, if you monitor the Cantina Tours with any frequency you will see this poll borne out in the questions from those attending.
And that has no relevance whatsoever considering what I'm saying.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
05.05.2014 , 06:48 PM | #839
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
This poll is insignificant for the most part.

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

This has been brought up more than once but here it goes again...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...nfographic.jpg

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.
Reminds me SWG astromech stats.

That being said if you want a truly speaking poll even the forums aren't doing the job as only a very small minority of players are hitting the forums.

So you'd like devs made polls after the game login screen. Now you could also differentiate the stats from subscribed people and not and also see how much they play, spend on the CM and so on.

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
05.05.2014 , 07:03 PM | #840
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
You misunderstand; I didn't say I didn't like the poll... "Liking" has no place in it.

My point is that the data is not as relevant as you make it out to be, seeing you have no way of actually knowing how much accurate it is or if people, when casting their votes, are being sincere .

Such issue does NOT apply to whatever info they can pull from the live servers.

They can check at any moment how many people play the class stories, how many actually finish them, how many play them again, how many do operations on a regular basis, how many play PvP, GSF and so forth.

If you have a thousand people voting - for example - on more GSF content and yet only have 50 people playing them at any given time, on the most populated server, you actually believe thye're going to consider the info that the poll provides, when confronted with the one they get from live servers? That they're going to rethink their strategy, based on a poll such as this?

Again, data gathering such as this is just way too imprecise to ever be releant. Direct data-gather from the live servers just wins every time.



And that has no relevance whatsoever considering what I'm saying.
No. You are still not getting it. But perhaps we won't see eye to eye. So, I'll leave at this. The poll is flawed. Most polls are. But because of the sample size this poll is relevant. You can say what you want about the questions, the fact that this poll is only seen by people here in the forums etc. But given that a for a population of 1 million you only need slightly over 1000 responses with a +-4 variance for the sample to be statistically relevant then this poll is certainly a good cross section if you consider that in all likelihood the sub pop for this game is much lower.

It is as simple as that. My observations regarding the Cantina Tours is simply an attempt to show you the relevance. But, you can disregard it if you want. As I said, my educated guess is that this poll mirrors what BW's data has already shown them.