Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,481 69.83%
Operations 998 28.09%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,350 38.00%
Companions 963 27.10%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 644 18.13%
Planets 1,491 41.96%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.08%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 863 24.29%
Legacy 889 25.02%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,368 38.50%
Playable Races 1,047 29.47%
New Class 1,476 41.54%
Other 231 6.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3553. You may not vote on this poll

Callaron
01.11.2014 , 07:38 PM | #741
/ninja bump
For all the new/returning folks I've seen around lately.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Treeba
01.11.2014 , 08:06 PM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
Ha ha ha...

So the thing that the majority of players (66.47%) want is what is not in the pipeline .

- Arcada
I just don't see them doing it. As long as they can get by on 2 faction stories and some CM items that's the path they are going to take. It's just faster and cheaper than 8 class stories and 2 faction stories.

EzioMessi
01.11.2014 , 09:05 PM | #743
Quote: Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
I just don't see them doing it. As long as they can get by on 2 faction stories and some CM items that's the path they are going to take. It's just faster and cheaper than 8 class stories and 2 faction stories.
In the long run, it will net them losses when the 10s of thousands of players who came here solely for their personalized Star Wars Sagas will leave (I'm not one of them, but I am still a proponent of class stories).

I understand that Class Stories are expensive and (supposedly) non-replayable. The first, I agree with. The second, not at all. If anything, I think Class Stories have a very good retention rate and replay value.

Think about it. There's 8 unique stories for us to play through, with some of them having multiple alternate endings, and all of them having dark, light, and netural paths through them. PvE grinds have a much smaller replay value, and for PvP to have similar or better replay value, it has to be excellently implemented (which it is not in SWTOR).

If they continue to Chapter 4 of Class Stories, and make them even more complex and branching than the original 3, they may very well have earned another year of sub from thousands of players. On the other hand they need to release content a lot faster for PvE and PvP to keep people happy.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Aetios - Level 65 Sentinel

Treeba
01.11.2014 , 10:30 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
In the long run, it will net them losses when the 10s of thousands of players who came here solely for their personalized Star Wars Sagas will leave (I'm not one of them, but I am still a proponent of class stories).
Maybe or maybe not. There are A LOT of people who are going to play this game no matter what just because it's Star Wars. I'm one of the people who mostly plays for the class stories. I played through them all awhile ago, but every 5-6 months I come back and level something new and maybe do a bit of pvp. As long as they can keep the Star Wars crowd around they don't need much else. They can stay profitable at a pretty low development cost. That seems to be the road they are taking and will probably stay on until it proves unprofitable.

EzioMessi
01.11.2014 , 10:44 PM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
Maybe or maybe not. There are A LOT of people who are going to play this game no matter what just because it's Star Wars. I'm one of the people who mostly plays for the class stories. I played through them all awhile ago, but every 5-6 months I come back and level something new and maybe do a bit of pvp. As long as they can keep the Star Wars crowd around they don't need much else. They can stay profitable at a pretty low development cost. That seems to be the road they are taking and will probably stay on until it proves unprofitable.
Well obviously the easy road will net them easy profits. But if they take a slightly risky road with higher short term costs, their profits might be greater. That is the reason why I think they should throw in a chapter of class story every year or so.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Aetios - Level 65 Sentinel

TrillOG-
01.17.2014 , 05:20 PM | #746
People will just smash through the new chapter of class story and whine about lack of content. Lets get real here, its what would happen regardless. The truth is the amount of effort and time that would have to be put into individual class stories is just not worth it. People will play the game no matter what, and you say how people will leave if they don't get class stories but honestly they would leave either way. One chapter of class story every 4-5 months is not going to keep people subbed. Plus from a business standpoint 8 different class stories is a horrible idea. Face it.

Rhalius
01.17.2014 , 05:28 PM | #747
Unless they hire the same writers who wrote the KOTOR story to work on it, they dont need to bother with it. As it is the story is the weakest point of the game.

We get eight stories, and still none compares to Bioware's earlier work.

KOTOR was a far more cinematic experience due to cutscenes where the player was not there.. like where Malak orders the destruction of Taris. That kind of stuff actually makes you interested in the bad guy and the grander scale of things.
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

jedip_enguin
01.17.2014 , 05:43 PM | #748
Class story winning by a country mile, shocked I am not.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

TheSeer
01.17.2014 , 08:41 PM | #749
I love it when people say they will just blast through any new class story they give us and then be bored in days. People do the same with planet arch, dailies, and operations so that not really a very good excuse. The fact is they simple canít make content fast enough no matter the type.

This poll clearly shows class story is important to a decent chunk of the players; the best thing they can do is give everyone a little bit of what they want. They could compromises and do one quest chain per new planet that deal with the player class story. Another choice is to do two classes per new content and do a cycle so it wouldnít take up to much development time. Itís probably not going to happen but I do think they will loses some people eventual if they donít add class story, who known if it will be significant amount or not.

PS The more diversity the game has the more players it will draw in, that why I think they should add housing and mini game for people to do. As the daily grind can easily get old.

AdrianDmitruk
01.17.2014 , 09:22 PM | #750
Other (please explain): More frequent balance patches please. Operatives have literally been>>>>>>>any other healing class in PVP since 1.2. Even worse since 2.4 as the weaknesses of casting classes are even more apparent in arenas.

Good that Bioware is finally tweaking lightning and madness to try to bring the DPS specs up to par but what about corruption? Operative is still far and above ahead.

Also I've wanted a body type halfway between 2 and 3 since launch pl0x. Average Joe versus 7 foot 350-pound steroid gorilla is a bit much. I've always wanted a more natural-looking, 6'3" (so taller than most NPCs except for bodytype 3), 225-pound build for my characters; 2 doesn't cut it as it's what everyone selects to avoid various extremes, not to mention looking more like average height and 40 pounds lighter, and 3 is one of the extremes to be avoided except under limited circumstances.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff