Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,468 69.84%
Operations 991 28.04%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,345 38.06%
Companions 955 27.02%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 640 18.11%
Planets 1,482 41.94%
Crew Skills and Crafting 606 17.15%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 859 24.31%
Legacy 884 25.01%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,361 38.51%
Playable Races 1,041 29.46%
New Class 1,471 41.62%
Other 231 6.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3534. You may not vote on this poll

Rafaman
12.11.2013 , 04:06 PM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
If the people on the forums were actually a true representation of the overall playerbase, sure. But human nature is such that people are *more likely* to be vocal when they are upset about something than they are when they are happy. So what that means is, the forums of any game are always going to have a higher percent of people who are unhappy about *something* than the overall playerbase. Because of that, the forums can never be a truly accurate representation of the overall playerbase. The only way to get that kind of info is with an in game poll(which Bioware certainly has the means to do, but apparently not the will).
There is poll bias, but you are missing my point. Given the over all population of players, the number of responses or the sample is significant. That is all that is needed to make something relevant. It doesn't make it accurate, it makes it a point of investigation.

Zorvan
12.11.2013 , 05:10 PM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
In all fairness it has been done in the market now, more than once. So it's not as odd a request as it used to be.
So you want SWToR players to wait around for the next 7 year waiting on that "new engine" like the players of Anarchy Online have?

Or would you rather the players be given 7 years of content in that time?

By the way, graphical upgrades such as LotRO and WoW have done over the years =/= new engine.

You can count the number of mmos that have had actual new engines added on one hand with fingers left over.

So yes, it is just as odd to request it now as it has always been.

JSitruc
12.11.2013 , 06:51 PM | #713
mehhhhhhh.. edit. delete if u can

mandrillagon
12.11.2013 , 09:54 PM | #714
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
If the people on the forums were actually a true representation of the overall playerbase, sure. But human nature is such that people are *more likely* to be vocal when they are upset about something than they are when they are happy. So what that means is, the forums of any game are always going to have a higher percent of people who are unhappy about *something* than the overall playerbase. Because of that, the forums can never be a truly accurate representation of the overall playerbase. The only way to get that kind of info is with an in game poll(which Bioware certainly has the means to do, but apparently not the will).
I hadn't considered the forums not being representative of the player population as a whole and you have some other good insights as well. Particularly your mention of an in game poll sounds excellent; I wonder if your idea has ever been brought to the attention of the devs. The players guiding the devs on where to take the game next seems like a win/win. We get what we want and the devs don't have to stress too much about what will make their players happy.

krobulos
12.11.2013 , 09:58 PM | #715
A new class would force them to rebalance classes.

Mistress_Ivi
12.11.2013 , 11:37 PM | #716
I'd like to see a few more Races, a few more advanced classes (so less work load for EA) and some more planets... as my major 3 options from the poll.

Naturally though, that means I want more customisation!
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Callaron
12.12.2013 , 01:35 PM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by krobulos View Post
A new class would force them to rebalance classes.
Yeah, there is a reason that even WoW only had two of them over a ten year time span.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

IStillWantMySWG
12.12.2013 , 05:48 PM | #718
I voted for pvp, mini-games, customization and other. MMO players don't care about class story.

EzioMessi
12.12.2013 , 05:57 PM | #719
I voted for PvP, Class Story, Ops, mini-games, and space content.

PvP and Ops because they're challenging and tons of fun. Space content because pew pew pew, and minigames because they add immersions and give us a few moments we spend not killing everyone and everything around us.

Now, as for class stories, it's because that's what's good for the MMO. When they released it, it was with the advertisement that this was gonna be the best storylines in any MMO. It was gonna be our "Personal Star Wars Saga". Needless to say, that has attracted a ton of people from the single player crowd, who are only here for the Star Warsy stories.

Maybe if during release they had different goals, this would not be a priority. However they decided to cater to people that like single-player storylines. They have to keep these players, because they're gonna be the most loyal. Class stories are the main unique thing about SWTOR, the one thing that sets it apart from the majority of other MMOs (aside from the SW in the title ). They have to keep releasing new personal storylines to keep that playerbase happy.

Not at the cost of other MMO-features of course, I still think endgame should be a major priority, but Class Stories should be up there as well.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Rafaman
12.12.2013 , 05:59 PM | #720
Poll thread restored! Thanks Mods. Yes... it is the little things that count.