Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,465 69.83%
Operations 989 28.02%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,345 38.10%
Companions 953 27.00%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 640 18.13%
Planets 1,479 41.90%
Crew Skills and Crafting 606 17.17%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 858 24.31%
Legacy 882 24.99%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,361 38.56%
Playable Races 1,040 29.46%
New Class 1,469 41.61%
Other 230 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3530. You may not vote on this poll

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.14.2013 , 07:28 AM | #671
I hope to see it continue to grow. It would be interesting to me to see where the numbers are at around 5k votes if it makes it to that point.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
11.14.2013 , 07:58 AM | #672
It is interesting to see it going, as the most votes there are, the more representitive the poll becomes and more likely lobbies are to be diluted.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.14.2013 , 08:31 AM | #673
One thing to point out yet again to newcomers to the thread....the poll is for the "top 5", not top item. So when you see class stories at the top, it means that over 60 percent of folks CHOSE class stories as ONE of their top 5 desired items.

That is all the poll represents. The majority of folks that polled, by a wide margin, chose class stories as one of their top 5 desired items. The meaning is interpretive and subjective IMO.

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2013 , 08:38 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
What this poll represents has been explained to him plenty of times. It seems it is not in tune with his views.
And I have given plenty of factual reasons why those poll "results" are trash, you can keep on ignoring facts, fine, if that is your "strategy"

Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
heck, even Mr Musco recognizes what it represents.
But not this gentlemen.
oh yeah sure
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post


TLDR - People assume poll results indicate // guarantee actual majority opinion and assume it will solely affect decision making.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
in many cases players can misunderstand poll results as "undeniable proof" of a point. It is when you can put a tangible number behind an opinion that things get a bit tricky and that is where the "in a vacuum" comment comes in. (like the Warzone type example I made)
So LordArtemis stop taking this poll as undeniable proof for anything, I have explained to you that the multiple choice nature of this poll, missing features to vote on, plus only asking the closed group of subscribers all make these poll results completely useless. And you canīt argue against that, no matter how hard you try.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.14.2013 , 09:00 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
And I have given plenty of factual reasons why those poll "results" are trash, you can keep on ignoring facts, fine, if that is your "strategy"
You have provided anything but facts IMO. What you have provided is self serving hyperbole, nothing more.

Quote:
oh yeah sure
That statement is entirely accurate IMO. This thread stands in evidence.

Quote:
So LordArtemis stop taking this poll as undeniable proof for anything,
I would actually think it would be better for you to stop exaggerating in order to present an argument that has ZERO MERIT because it lacks any repute whatsoever IMO. Naturally you have demonstrated little concern about repute from my perspective, so you will likely continue to make these kind of silly exaggerated statements to serve your goals. I will let them stand in evidence and let the forum decide.

I would also point out that you do not determine what I do and do not do Ravenhurst, nor do you define my motives.

Quote:
I have explained to you that the multiple choice nature of this poll, missing features to vote on, plus only asking the closed group of subscribers all make these poll results completely useless. And you canīt argue against that, no matter how hard you try.
Again, you do not determine what I can and cannot argue against. I can argue against hyperbole any day of the week, which is all your statement is IMO...Pure and utter hyperbole. You have explained nothing but how silly your argument actually is from my view. You have zero repute in this regard IMO, and I am obviously not the only forum member that thinks so.

It seems, if this thread stands in evidence you have been outvoted on this Ravenhurst. Your argument has zero merit IMO. Accept that and move on...or continue if you want of course. You only further damage your own reputation by doing so, but that is your choice.

Again, I will let the forum decide.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.14.2013 , 09:04 AM | #676
To state again, despite the efforts to take this in another direction....

The poll is for the "top 5", not top item. So when you see class stories at the top, it means that over 60 percent of folks CHOSE class stories as ONE of their top 5 desired items. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE UNDENIABLE FACT. The poll stands in evidence.

That is all the poll represents IMO. The majority of folks that polled, by a wide margin, chose class stories as one of their top 5 desired items. The meaning is interpretive and subjective IMO, but the fact remains...and can not be disputed no matter how hard folks may try to do so.

WHAT THAT MEANS IS INTERPRETIVE AND SUBJECTIVE. It is up to you, the individual forum member, to decide whether or not the poll has merit and what it represents to you. Bioware will likely make that decision as well and give the poll it proper consideration, whatever if any that will be.

DAWUSS's Avatar


DAWUSS
11.14.2013 , 09:16 AM | #677
I wanna' visit Dantooine. My Force classes have a lot of lore to discover there.

Suntaru's Avatar


Suntaru
11.14.2013 , 09:34 AM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
To state again, despite the efforts to take this in another direction....

The poll is for the "top 5", not top item. So when you see class stories at the top, it means that over 60 percent of folks CHOSE class stories as ONE of their top 5 desired items. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE UNDENIABLE FACT. The poll stands in evidence.

That is all the poll represents IMO. The majority of folks that polled, by a wide margin, chose class stories as one of their top 5 desired items. The meaning is interpretive and subjective IMO, but the fact remains...and can not be disputed no matter how hard folks may try to do so.

WHAT THAT MEANS IS INTERPRETIVE AND SUBJECTIVE. It is up to you, the individual forum member, to decide whether or not the poll has merit and what it represents to you. Bioware will likely make that decision as well and give the poll it proper consideration, whatever if any that will be.
All that poll stands for is the 5% of the player base that comes to the forums( According to Mr. Musco)has 60% of them wanting class stories. So it still does not mean anything when the other 95% of player that do not come to the forum have not been asked.

CptFirelord's Avatar


CptFirelord
11.14.2013 , 09:46 AM | #679
My top 5 in order of most important to not as important.
1) Class Story
2) Other (Cross-Server)
3) PvP / Warzones
4) Planets
5) Minigames

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.14.2013 , 09:49 AM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by Suntaru View Post
All that poll stands for is the 5% of the player base that comes to the forums( According to Mr. Musco)has 60% of them wanting class stories. So it still does not mean anything when the other 95% of player that do not come to the forum have not been asked.
...which is a fair assessment IMO. Every individual has a right to make up their own minds as to what it means to them.

Defining it for others is where folks are wrong IMO. You define it for yourself...not for others. Some folks add more weight, others less. Some none at all.

IMO it is silly to say it represents nothing or it represents the final word. Both are contentions without repute IMO.