Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,477 69.83%
Operations 995 28.05%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,348 38.00%
Companions 962 27.12%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 642 18.10%
Planets 1,488 41.95%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.11%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 862 24.30%
Legacy 887 25.01%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,367 38.54%
Playable Races 1,046 29.49%
New Class 1,473 41.53%
Other 231 6.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3547. You may not vote on this poll

StarMagus
11.08.2013 , 10:28 AM | #481
Quote:
Also, it's only the "full population" now that PVPers have seen it? Why didn't you post the link in every subforum and shout it out in General chat on the fleet? I see in your own thread people trying to recruit other PVPers from inside the game as well, specifically from warzones and PVP chat. That's purposefully skewing results.
As a side this is the exact reason why professional poll takers avoid using self selecting polls....

SebastiaanZ
11.08.2013 , 10:30 AM | #482
My Top-5 would definitely be:
1. Operations
Now we finished the Dread Masters story (I take that is we finished actually ), it would be awesome to get one or two operations focussed on the Hutt Cartel like S&V and KP. Something that has to do with Post Makeb. And maybe after that a more sinister operation like Terror from Beyond.

2. Planets
The way Bioware went now with the release of first CZ-198 and then Oricon was awesome. Oricon was more story based (tie-in to the Dread Masters storyline). More planets please! Maybe some more as big as Makeb or as fascinating as Oricon.

That being said I would also like a reason to go back to earlier planets. Maybe do something on the Starter Planets again. I find myself often scouring through Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban and Hutta for fun and exploring (disregarding the General Chat of course ). I also like redoing Heroics and stuff. But maybe a new area on the starter planets would be awesome.

3. New playable races
Cathar wasn't my choice of new race, but nevertheless I liked that you added a new race to the game. As well as I like you added the Cyborg armors to the game. Now I don't ask for Wookiees or races that cannot speak Basic, but a race like the Nautolans and the Aackbar guys would be awesome to have in game.

4. PvP centric content
I am not a huge player of PvP myself, but I like to do warzones and arena's during leveling new characters. More arena's would be welcome, but some more warzones would awesome. And then not a copy of Voidstar of Huttball but a new arena please with new mechanics and new awesome 8v8 fights. Oh and possibly the avoiding the same side vs same side warzones!

5. Crew skills and crafting
Give us more. Add the Armoring/Hilt/Mod/Enhancement/Barrel 30 to the trainer (since its Basic Comms for that now). New Augment Kit rank maybe. I want it to matter again!

Oh and most importantly, LESS ON THE CARTEL MARKET AND MORE JUST IN GAME!

StarMagus
11.08.2013 , 10:31 AM | #483
If they were going to add a race, and they have a strict limit on what they can and can't add, why not the TGruda? Err.. the Twi'lek like race with the horns. Or the Devil looking guys?

TUXs
11.08.2013 , 10:31 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums.
Test your theory - post a link in all the sub-forums and server forums. General is a very predominantly PvE oriented forum and it's a toxic forum to most PvPers.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Arkerus
11.08.2013 , 10:33 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
What's funny is over the last few nighs under my Assassin Tank I've had people I've grouped with in the Open World ask me to tank their class story bosses for them. Which is funny because I've done the class stories solo, so I know it's possible, but I enjoy taunting the NPCs while we face stomp them with 2 players + 2 companions.

Nomar Kar was funny in particular... "Oh you thought this was a solo fight against 1 sith, we have 4 people ready to jump you.. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Yeah class stories are fun with other people because the NPC enemies aren't ready to be rolf-stomped by 4 people.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Andryah
11.08.2013 , 10:37 AM | #486
Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums. If you want the least skewed numbers you post it in the most neutral area. There's nothing PVE about the general discussion therefore one could expect the most representative percentages of each group visiting it. Instead of say the PVP subforums.

Also, it's only the "full population" now that PVPers have seen it? Why didn't you post the link in every subforum and shout it out in General chat on the fleet? I see in your own thread people trying to recruit other PVPers from inside the game as well, specifically from warzones and PVP chat. That's purposefully skewing results.
Well, there are plenty of avid PvPers in general forum AND causal PvPers, but from my observation the avid tend to only enter discussions that are clearly something about PvP or has a gold post attached to it. There are exceptions of course as we do have some avid PvPers who are very active in general forum on a broader range of topics.

In other words.. this thread, the way it was titled.. would not immediately attract the angst driven avid PvPers IMO. They are looking for red meat to fight over a lot of the time IMO. Then again.. they are not hard to attract, right? Just slap a gold post on a thread and/or put a lobbying redirect thread to go take the poll inside their PvP subform.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

MillionsKNives
11.08.2013 , 10:38 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Test your theory - post a link in all the sub-forums and server forums. General is a very predominantly PvE oriented forum and it's a toxic forum to most PvPers.
I don't really care to, I'm not vested enough in the results, as I said before. I'm merely pointing out why I think that if this poll wasn't misrepresenting things before, it certainly is now, at least for PVP.

Do you think that maybe it's mostly PVE oriented because most players are PVE oriented? I see a lot of toxicity on both sides of the fence. Most sane people would do well to avoid General Discussion, no matter their play style.

Joesixxpack
11.08.2013 , 10:44 AM | #488
Last I checked it's called "General Discussion". I see PVPers posting all the time. You're just disappointed there weren't as many as you had hoped. I know you're about to say that many PVPers never stray from the PVP subforum. I could say the same thing about any section of the forums. If you want the least skewed numbers you post it in the most neutral area. There's nothing PVE about the general discussion therefore one could expect the most representative percentages of each group visiting it. Instead of say the PVP subforums.

More scientific than gathering a specific subset of the playerbase to vote on a particular item, yes. I don't care what the result is, but they've skewed the results by trying to round up all their likeminded friends to vote. If they had posted it in any other subforum then I would view it the same way.

It's supposed to represent what the community at large views, by using a random sampling of players that hopefully reflects the same ratio as the entire community itself. That can't be accomplished by grabbing groups specifically to boost numbers. Either everyone should be asked to come, or it should be whatever ratio happens to be viewing normally. While the latter introduces self-selection bias it's better than artificial bias.
If you're genuinely dismayed about results why are you griping so much here instead of spending 5 seconds posting a heads-up in the PVE or other forums?

Frankly, you're sounding like sour grapes fueled by the classic and ridiculous PVEer vs. PVPer nonsense.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Callaron
11.08.2013 , 10:44 AM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
What I find most interesting about all this...

Many players on these forums wail and moan about how this game doesn't really force anyone to be social and group up for content. We always see complaints from "old school", self proclaimed MMO professionals that this game isn't a good MMO because it people are allowed to play the game on their own without help.

And what is the number 1 request in this poll? Class Stories (aka the biggest part of the game that is single player focused).

I just have to laugh at that. As usual the gaming community contradicts itself.

I like the poll. I really do. But it just goes to show you how the loudest complaints are most often in the minority.
Those are some funny people alright.
They all gladly choose to ignore that WoW's massive success isn't because it forced people to team from 1-60 (70,80,85,90, and whatever else follows).
One of the things it was always praised for was the flexibility it gave its players - "Want to solo to max level? By all means, go ahead - our game fully supports your preference!"
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Joesixxpack
11.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Well, there are plenty of avid PvPers in general forum AND causal PvPers, but from my observation the avid tend to only enter discussions that are clearly something about PvP or has a gold post attached to it. There are exceptions of course as we do have some avid PvPers who are very active in general forum on a broader range of topics.

In other words.. this thread, the way it was titled.. would not immediately attract the angst driven avid PvPers IMO. They are looking for red meat to fight over a lot of the time IMO. Then again.. they are not hard to attract, right? Just slap a gold post on a thread and/or put a lobbying redirect thread to go take the poll inside their PvP subform.
You need new material, this copypasta is stale.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE