Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,476 69.84%
Operations 995 28.07%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,348 38.03%
Companions 962 27.14%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 641 18.08%
Planets 1,487 41.95%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.12%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 862 24.32%
Legacy 887 25.02%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,366 38.53%
Playable Races 1,045 29.48%
New Class 1,472 41.52%
Other 231 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3545. You may not vote on this poll

Xakthul
11.07.2013 , 05:43 PM | #401
1) Class story
2) More Companions, maybe romanceable mercs? (and more story for the existing ones)
3) PAZAAK!
4) Housing
5) More races
6) More ship customization
7) More ship options (like what ship I wanna fly between worlds)
8) Make all emotes loop
9) Guild PvP
10) Guild ships
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Brickabrack
11.07.2013 , 05:51 PM | #402
Oh good, class story and mini-games are getting the most votes. I hope this has not gone un-noticed.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

AndasKastor
11.07.2013 , 05:55 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
This poll is invalid and does not represent anything. The only thing it represents is that the class stories option got the most votes, and that the people who voted (who represent a an incredibly small percentage of the community), made the class stories option more popular for whatever reason.

Again I said before, people can choose to give 1 vote or 5 votes. Some people may have only voted once, others twice or 3 times. If everyone was forced to give 5 votes, the results would be different.

I gave 5 votes, but my most preferred vote and least preferred vote can't be shown on a poll like this.

Bring along 2000 people who dont care about class stories, tell them to vote on this poll, the results would be different.

EDIT: 918 voters

3671 votes.

Because some people didn't give a maximum of 5 votes, this poll is missing 919 votes.
I understand what you are saying, but there were not 5 things on the poll that I wanted more of. It would be just as bad to vote for something that I don't want more of.

I voted for 3 things.

Ayelinna
11.07.2013 , 06:10 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
/Agree.

And honestly.. it puzzled me that the PvP vote % was so low in a multi-answer targeted poll... but that appears to have been remedied. That was the one data value that just did not seem right.
/Disagree.

You could argue that the more class story vote "doesn't seem right", because it's the highest vote. Know why? Because the majority of the people who voted seemed to prefer class story than pvp. Get 1000 hardcore pvpers to this thread and let them vote, Pvp would be the highest voted, and youll say "It puzzled me that the class story vote was so low"

I don't know how you can be puzzled by some votes being lower than others. Its a poll.

Arkillon
11.07.2013 , 06:14 PM | #405
/Disagree.

You could argue that the more class story vote "doesn't seem right", because it's the highest vote. Know why? Because the majority of the people who voted seemed to prefer class story than pvp. Get 1000 hardcore pvpers to this thread and let them vote, Pvp would be the highest voted, and youll say "It puzzled me that the class story vote was so low"

I don't know how you can be puzzled by some votes being lower than others. Its a poll.
You seem to dislike PVP. Also another thing I noticed, "class story" is probably this high because us pvpers choose pvp as a first (duh) and what are the other choices? I voted for class story myself, as IDC really, could be fun. but it's not a priority. Also oddly enough... Add the hardcore pve-ers plus pvpers (for instance, operations + pvp) and what do you get... OH BOY IT'S CLOSE TO CLASS STORY VOTES

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 06:22 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkillon View Post
You seem to dislike PVP. Also another thing I noticed, "class story" is probably this high because us pvpers choose pvp as a first (duh) and what are the other choices? I voted for class story myself, as IDC really, could be fun. but it's not a priority. Also oddly enough... Add the hardcore pve-ers plus pvpers (for instance, operations + pvp) and what do you get... OH BOY IT'S CLOSE TO CLASS STORY VOTES
Each person gets up to 5 choices (out of 13 total). It's not surprising at all that for 70% of respondents.. class story made their top 5.

By the same token, it is indeed surprising (contrary to Ayelinna's claims to the contrary) that until this afternoon PvP garnered only about 20% votes. As the poll approaches the 1000 point those numbers are coming up and exceeding what I would actually expect them to be (~40%). Not because PvP is great in this game or the game is loaded with hardcore PvPers... but because there is a good amount of casual PvP played by the larger segment of players that are dominated by PvE play preferences. 20% in a choice of 5 of 13 poll did not make sense. 40% actually feels a little high to me (probably pushed up by the lobbying effort over in the PvP subforum).. so I bet PvP % settles in at 30-35% when the poll has run it's course. Time will tell.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

LeglessChair
11.07.2013 , 06:32 PM | #407
Ranked Duels.

Pietrastor
11.07.2013 , 06:38 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to, but if you're asking whether the gaming industry has been successful with their data gathering methodology, the dramatic increase in the industry scope and size over the last decade or so would indicate yes, the methods they are using do appear to be enormously successful.
You think focus testing is responsible for that? More like Nintendo's great idea with Wii, smartphones, consolidation of publishers or digital market which expanded access to less mainstream type of games. Which franchise/genre increased heavily in sales thanks to "appealing to masses"? Shooters? Nope, it's just COD and recent Battlefield, all the COD-fied shooters didn't really explode in sales. Survival Horror? Nope and the latest Resident Evil is a living proof. MMOs? Lol the market for that seems to have shrunk actually compared to last decade

MillionsKNives
11.07.2013 , 06:49 PM | #409
/Disagree.

You don't understand how random samplings work do you?

While it can be argued that it's not completely random, and in fact it has, I'd be willing to be a "true" sampling wouldn't be far off. Certainly not to the extent that you seem to assume.

Malckiah
11.07.2013 , 07:30 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
That is because typically we do not allow polls on the forums. Due to that, forum accounts are not flagged to create them. However, Malckiah managed to find an issue we had with some forum permissions, one that I didn't know existed, and he was able to post this poll. Imagine my surprise when I saw it in GD

That issue has now been corrected and so poll creation should not be an option that anyone can see. Since this poll is already live though, I will let it ride!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
WOW!....I didn't know you couldn't create a poll, I just did it and it worked. Sorry!