Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,481 69.83%
Operations 998 28.09%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,350 38.00%
Companions 963 27.10%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 644 18.13%
Planets 1,491 41.96%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.08%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 863 24.29%
Legacy 889 25.02%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,368 38.50%
Playable Races 1,047 29.47%
New Class 1,476 41.54%
Other 231 6.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3553. You may not vote on this poll

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 03:14 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by NanTheOne View Post
You make sense though, I just don't like how ya said 3 million players total, that seems far-fetched.
Not to derail the thread, but based on my prior analysis... we have somewhere between 900K and 2M active players at current server loads. Yeah.. it's a wide range.. because we are looking at ranged data for server loads and what they mean in terms of logged in and a corresponding factor for logged-in as a % of total players active. It's likely it's somewhere close to the mid point between those two end points (ie: 1.4M)
SWTOR... the MMO some people LOVE to HATE, others HATE to LOVE, and others simply embrace it and play it for what it is.

MidichIorian
11.07.2013 , 03:15 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Choice #2: Class story. I think it's pretty obvious.. the storytelling of this game is very well done. And we want more. 71% of the people that voted so far want more. I honestly dislike how abruptly many of them end.

Choice #3: Planets. And with planets I don't mean tiny crap like Oricon. I mean actual full sized planets like Tatooine and Hoth.
This surprises me because as far as I knew you're only playing sin and shadow. And I don't think I've ever seen you step outside the fleet.

Did you just come out the PvE closet?

And you still owe me that name change.

Evolixe
11.07.2013 , 03:19 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
This surprises me because as far as I knew you're only playing sin and shadow. And I don't think I've ever seen you step outside the fleet.

Did you just come out the PvE closet?

And you still owe me that name change.
Nah, I just like story. The PvE that makes you braindead is what I avoid. Aka operations and stuff like that. Where you hit one and the same thing for 5+ minutes straight without anything really thrilling happening.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

ikinai
11.07.2013 , 03:19 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by NanTheOne View Post
There's at least +-900,000, across the US and EU. That's a safer number to make up than what you have.

I don't mean to be that guy, but there's no way SWTOR has three million players because if the game sold about 2m copies on release and had ~1.7m subscribers, and went F2P about a year or something later. Then that means SWTOR lost a significant amount of subs, and gained a significant amount of F2P.

But maybe I'm just being cray. Maybe SWTOR has a bajillion subs and the masterminds at BioWare decided to make the game open to f2p just so others could try before they buy.

You make sense though, I just don't like how ya said 3 million players total, that seems far-fetched.
Of course it's far fetched, the whole point is that people dismiss this poll because of the sample size. And yet, the sample size is far better for this than most polls that are taken seriously. Not that a poll for a game should be taken seriously in any way shape or form.

Now if y'all will excuse me, my tonkatsu curry don and takayaki await
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Stryklone
11.07.2013 , 03:21 PM | #375
Okay, since polls are to be forbidden and an accurate one impossible at the moment let's just pretend there isn't a poll here. Simply take this single post for what it is, a single person's opinion.
=====
Why I play SWTOR:
Interesting character stories

What SWTOR lacks for me (hasn't changed since before launch):
Varied AI
Robust space experience
Cantinas that feel like Star Wars cantinas
Pazaak, swoop racing minigames

Why the lacking items matter to me:
I've been doing the character stories incredibly, exceptionally, amazingly slowly to buy time for the other things to appear ... and I'm running out of interesting character studies.
=====
Thanks for a feedback chance.
CzErkA Corporation

Coincidence?

LordArtemis
11.07.2013 , 03:21 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
All the talk about a lack of bias and then a thread like this shows up. The very idea that people are trying to rouse others to bump their pet category shows the inherent bias in this setup. Either they were underrepresented before or they are overrepresented now, because I would be surprised if its presence has no effect on the results.
This type of behavior is normal for PVP folks in my experience. They always try to overstate their numbers and presence in MMOs. Unfortunately for them official participation comments from devs always deflate their grandiose claims.

I think the highest percentage I ever saw officially announced was 63 percent in Warhammer. I used to have a list of official statements with links, ill try to find it.

The only other one I can remember is 18 percent for WoW, 26 percent for end game participation, 66 percent for folks that neither PVP nor participate in end game play. That was back when they had just over 12 million players.

Aside from Warhammer most games were south of 20 percent of the population that participated in PVP.

DOHboy
11.07.2013 , 03:27 PM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Actually it's a poll of someone who answers their phone when a random number calls it and asks if you like how the politician is doing. There is no effort put into the approval/disapproval poll.
There are reasons why cities like Rio Linda (and the one in ohio) are used for "testing" and Polling most often. Pretty much every company serving the public has a few number of businesses located in these cities. Reason is they contain an almost proportional population representation of the US itself. They cover all races, religions, social/economic, and even somewhat "moderate" in weather as to eliminate that as a variable.

Thus when McDonalds introduces a new item, at their stores, they make note of persons age, race (and location based on the store) to take a measure of how the overall population would respond.

This poll however, represents both a small portion of the overall population but does NOT cover all the various player types. For instance we are all subscribers, and active forum users.

this does not include f2p, subscribers who are not also forum users (which is significant). And also includes those who are NOT subscribers and do NOT play the game.

This poll only samples about 1% of probably 1/6 of the player type.

subscriber, forum user, player: Y
subscriber, player, non-forum user: N
non-subscriber, player: N
non-subscriber, non-player: N
subscriber, forum user, non-player: Y

as you can see, only a small subset of the possible player types are obviously represented and thus not an accurate poll of the community. It is heavily biased to subscription forum users who may or may not play the game. Which is NOT even an accurate representation of the actual population (sub/non-sub players who do not visit forum).

Burk
11.07.2013 , 03:37 PM | #378
Other: Cross Server Queues (This would be my #1 priority)
Nebakenezer - 55 - Gunslinger
Killjoy - 55 - Commando
Nebbakennezer - 55 Assasin
Nebakienezer - 52 Jugg
Heinrike - 55 Sorc

The Von'Hellscream legacy

ikinai
11.07.2013 , 03:38 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
There are reasons why cities like Rio Linda (and the one in ohio) are used for "testing" and Polling most often. Pretty much every company serving the public has a few number of businesses located in these cities. Reason is they contain an almost proportional population representation of the US itself. They cover all races, religions, social/economic, and even somewhat "moderate" in weather as to eliminate that as a variable.

Thus when McDonalds introduces a new item, at their stores, they make note of persons age, race (and location based on the store) to take a measure of how the overall population would respond.

This poll however, represents both a small portion of the overall population but does NOT cover all the various player types. For instance we are all subscribers, and active forum users.

this does not include f2p, subscribers who are not also forum users (which is significant). And also includes those who are NOT subscribers and do NOT play the game.

This poll only samples about 1% of probably 1/6 of the player type.

subscriber, forum user, player: Y
subscriber, player, non-forum user: N
non-subscriber, player: N
non-subscriber, non-player: N
subscriber, forum user, non-player: Y

as you can see, only a small subset of the possible player types are obviously represented and thus not an accurate poll of the community. It is heavily biased to subscription forum users who may or may not play the game. Which is NOT even an accurate representation of the actual population (sub/non-sub players who do not visit forum).
Again, that has been covered as that's not what this poll is, now is it? You see, there are targeted polls, and general polls. Would you poll someone for how they were treated for cancer who had never been treated for cancer to see how the treatment went? Or would you target someone who has been treated for cancer to see how the treatment went?

and really, it's a poll for a game, how silly is this to be so upset about it's statistical relevance?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Ilayas
11.07.2013 , 03:44 PM | #380
Class stories is really the thing I want the most. Even if it doesn't advance the over all class plot a lot I at lest want a continuation of the companion stories in some fashion. There's a lot of very interesting loose threads that could make for fun stories if they were pursued.
◚◚◚◚◚◚ịịịịị▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic