Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,477 69.83%
Operations 995 28.05%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,348 38.00%
Companions 962 27.12%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 642 18.10%
Planets 1,488 41.95%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.11%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 862 24.30%
Legacy 887 25.01%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,367 38.54%
Playable Races 1,046 29.49%
New Class 1,473 41.53%
Other 231 6.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3547. You may not vote on this poll

Evolixe
11.07.2013 , 02:52 PM | #361
My choices in order or preferance:

Choice #1: PvP content. And most specifically, the Huttball league which so many have already voiced about in the PvP section.

Choice #2: Class story. I think it's pretty obvious.. the storytelling of this game is very well done. And we want more. 71% of the people that voted so far want more. I honestly dislike how abruptly many of them end.

Choice #3: Planets. And with planets I don't mean tiny crap like Oricon. I mean actual full sized planets like Tatooine and Hoth.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Rafaman
11.07.2013 , 02:53 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm with ya...I'll put the BW logo on a glove and slap you too!

Prior to Eric posting today, we had 473 votes, as of like 9am my time, right now it's 2:45pm and it's 757...kinda demonstrates the power of a YELLOW post doesn't it?!
Very true. Take note Eric!

MillionsKNives
11.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #363
All the talk about a lack of bias and then a thread like this shows up. The very idea that people are trying to rouse others to bump their pet category shows the inherent bias in this setup. Either they were underrepresented before or they are overrepresented now, because I would be surprised if its presence has no effect on the results.

Wittand
11.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Actually if you do the math that Eric doesn't want to do, it's quite representative.

Let's consider this, Gallup Research does a poll on whether the people of America approve or disapprove of elected officials job ratings. This poll is reported as fair and accurate in accordance with how polls get run.

With this in mind let's do some math. There are 150 million registered voters in America. 207 million adults who could vote if registered. Now, one would think that there would be a huge number of people polled given these numbers. In fact, only 1500 people were polled. And yet, that poll is reported world wide as statistically accurate.

Now, let's look at this poll. 700 poll entries out of maybe 3 million players including F2P and preferred? Seems to me to be rather a significant result.
The problem is the sampling not the size. Gallup will actually put effort into getting a good representation of the voters.
A forum poll on the other hand does not provide a good sample of the players. Only people who frequent the forums even know that the poll exists.

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 03:00 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
All the talk about a lack of bias and then a thread like this shows up. The very idea that people are trying to rouse others to bump their pet category shows the inherent bias in this setup. Either they were underrepresented before or they are overrepresented now, because I would be surprised if its presence has no effect on the results.
Yes, well the poll was moving along fine without special interest lobbying. But once lobbying starts....it will have an effect, though it may be temporary. PvPers have as much right to the poll as anyone else. I'm surprised they stay hunkered down so hard in their subforum that they have to be trolled out of there.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Joesixxpack
11.07.2013 , 03:05 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm with ya...I'll put the BW logo on a glove and slap you too!

Prior to Eric posting today, we had 473 votes, as of like 9am my time, right now it's 2:45pm and it's 757...kinda demonstrates the power of a YELLOW post doesn't it?!
Thanks in advance TUX you're a good pal!

And yeah it's like kites chasing the golden sun over shimmering waves... or flies to, stuff.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 03:06 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
...and so far, other than a jump in PVP from late comers, the numbers seem to be running the same...the top three are still the top three, class stories by a wide margin.

My guess is it is how it will be for the most part, but would like to see if it reaches 1000 votes.
/Agree.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

acebrass
11.07.2013 , 03:07 PM | #368
Housing with fully customizable, free placement décor.

NanTheOne
11.07.2013 , 03:09 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post

Now, let's look at this poll. 700 (~ .00025%) poll entries out of maybe 3 million players including F2P and preferred? Seems to me to be rather a significant result.
There's at least +-900,000, across the US and EU. That's a safer number to make up than what you have.

I don't mean to be that guy, but there's no way SWTOR has three million players because if the game sold about 2m copies on release and had ~1.7m subscribers, and went F2P about a year or something later. Then that means SWTOR lost a significant amount of subs, and gained a significant amount of F2P.

But maybe I'm just being cray. Maybe SWTOR has a bajillion subs and the masterminds at BioWare decided to make the game open to f2p just so others could try before they buy.

You make sense though, I just don't like how ya said 3 million players total, that seems far-fetched.

ikinai
11.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
The problem is the sampling not the size. Gallup will actually put effort into getting a good representation of the voters.
A forum poll on the other hand does not provide a good sample of the players. Only people who frequent the forums even know that the poll exists.
Actually it's a poll of someone who answers their phone when a random number calls it and asks if you like how the politician is doing. There is no effort put into the approval/disapproval poll.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.