Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,478 69.84%
Operations 995 28.04%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,348 37.99%
Companions 963 27.14%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 642 18.09%
Planets 1,489 41.97%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.11%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 863 24.32%
Legacy 888 25.03%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,367 38.53%
Playable Races 1,046 29.48%
New Class 1,473 41.52%
Other 231 6.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3548. You may not vote on this poll

Lesaberisa
11.07.2013 , 01:06 PM | #331
While the average voter in this poll may not necessarily represent the 'average' player of TOR in general, it should also be remembered that someone who's active and subscribing to TOR is probably of greater value (as a source of information and a consumer) to Bioware than someone further downt he 'commitment spectrum' (I don't see any logical reason for setting a dedicated subscriber's desires as equal to a F2Per that barely plays/has no real interest in playing more, for example). Lumping all users in together and searching for the holy grail of the "average user/player" isn't going to necessarily get you accurate results with the kind of player base that TOR has.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

MillionsKNives
11.07.2013 , 01:18 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by Lesaberisa View Post
Actually, as has been pointed out multiple times in this topic, this would be a very flawed method of tracking customer preferences about future content. I spend a lot of time running dailies, but I don't want that to be a priority for development at all (to say nothing of the time spent idling or in queue or grinding in other ways). That's not to say this poll is perfect - it isn't - but your suggestion is going to be heavily skewed.
Agreed. This is a bit of a catch-22 that I think caused the, until recently, downfall of space sim games. If no one makes space sims then no one can buy space sims. If no one buys space sims they assume that no one wants space sims, and publishers stop greenlighting space sims.

The conclusion flies in the face of reality (see success of Star Citizen), and falls prey to the age old "correlation != causation" trap.

While the average voter in this poll may not necessarily represent the 'average' player of TOR in general, it should also be remembered that someone who's active and subscribing to TOR is probably of greater value (as a source of information and a consumer) to Bioware than someone further downt he 'commitment spectrum' (I don't see any logical reason for setting a dedicated subscriber's desires as equal to a F2Per that barely plays/has no real interest in playing more, for example). Lumping all users in together and searching for the holy grail of the "average user/player" isn't going to necessarily get you accurate results with the kind of player base that TOR has.
One cannot conclude that those on the forums are active players, or more active than those who don't frequent the forums. Some of my guild members are on every single day, but never come on the forums. Then we have some people like those-banned-members-who-shall-not-be-named who spend all day on the forums but don't play the game.

HaoZhao
11.07.2013 , 01:27 PM | #333
I'd love to have a real chapter 4 of our class stories, but BioWare seems to be only interested in operations and PVP.

Lesaberisa
11.07.2013 , 01:31 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Agreed. This is a bit of a catch-22 that I think caused the, until recently, downfall of space sim games. If no one makes space sims then no one can buy space sims. If no one buys space sims they assume that no one wants space sims, and publishers stop greenlighting space sims.
Exactly. People may want class stories, but how do they demonstrate that with in-game actions apart from spending all of their gameplay time leveling alts and, I don't know, replaying cutscenes over and over? Or, from the other angle - if all you provide people to do are dailies and occasional flashpoints and ops, then it's extremely disingenuous to then look at that and say "Hey, all people like to do are dailies/flashpoints/ops)

Quote:
One cannot conclude that those on the forums are active players, or more active than those who don't frequent the forums. Some of my guild members are on every single day, but never come on the forums. Then we have some people like those-banned-members-who-shall-not-be-named who spend all day on the forums but don't play the game.
You misunderstand a bit - I was just responding to the idea that the fact that forum goers are (likely to be) more passionate/"hardcore" doesn't mean anything. It should mean something - a dedicated/'hardcore' fan is far more likely to be a part of the TOR community going forward than the F2Per that really doesn't care and just plays because it's free. Some sort of weighting would need to be done.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

cavalca
11.07.2013 , 01:31 PM | #335
1 - Class Story
2 - Operations
3 - New Class

Thats all most a PvE player needs to be happy
Prophecy of the Five
55 Cavalca (Powertech) 55 Hariell (Jedi Shadow)
55 Nelinho (Scoundrel) 55 Rocksete (Sorcerer)
55 Caragua (Jedi Guardian) 55 Dehby (Sniper)

Callaron
11.07.2013 , 01:36 PM | #336
Exactly. People may want class stories, but how do they demonstrate that with in-game actions apart from spending all of their gameplay time leveling alts and, I don't know, replaying cutscenes over and over? Or, from the other angle - if all you provide people to do are dailies and occasional flashpoints and ops, then it's extremely disingenuous to then look at that and say "Hey, all people like to do are dailies/flashpoints/ops)
I'm fairly sure that if they were to take an "overall" look at my playing history that they would see a lot of it has been spent going through all the class stories.
But if they look at the short term/recent activities they would get the idea that what I really want is "Star Wars: Bussiness Simulator" - since the vast majority of my "playing" time these days is spent standing on my ship while giving my crew working orders, followed by occasionally tabbing into game to do some GTN'ing and to make sure that those slackers are still working.

Of course with Class stories over and done with, that overall data is going to reflect that over time too...
"Okay, this guy obviously wants SW: Bussiness Sim with a helping of some Operations, Flashpoints and doing dailies until his reputation is maxed!"
Which would indeed be a somewhat flawed conclusion.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

TonyDragonflame
11.07.2013 , 01:44 PM | #337
PvP content
Crew Skills and Crafting
Mini games
Referral link!
Guardian v 100 | Sent v 96 | Vang v 93 | Scoundrel v 91 | Shadow v 86 | Guns v 80 | Jugg v 68
Manhunter 180+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Technohic
11.07.2013 , 01:50 PM | #338
Would like some QOL improvements on the crafting/crew skills. Either make it more interactive and hands on or some way to where I don't have to hop from toon to toon to toon. Maybe a legacy unlock to dispatch my alts toons on their missions with a legacy wide credit pool while we are at it.

Other than that? PvP. Speaking of credits? More ways to make some in PvP via more PvP dailies or missions. more objective based PvP. More Hutt Ball.

reflow
11.07.2013 , 01:52 PM | #339
bring back class stories and new maps of huttball.
The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach.

Chimerako
11.07.2013 , 01:52 PM | #340
That list was almost a cruel as the dev commenting on why they didn't add PvE space content....