Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,314 69.28%
Operations 926 27.72%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.47%
Companions 882 26.41%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.44%
Planets 1,389 41.59%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.43%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 810 24.25%
Legacy 832 24.91%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.19%
Playable Races 981 29.37%
New Class 1,379 41.29%
Other 224 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3340. You may not vote on this poll

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.07.2013 , 11:16 AM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Lesaberisa View Post
Actually, as has been pointed out multiple times in this topic, this would be a very flawed method of tracking customer preferences about future content. I spend a lot of time running dailies, but I don't want that to be a priority for development at all (to say nothing of the time spent idling or in queue or grinding in other ways). That's not to say this poll is perfect - it isn't - but your suggestion is going to be heavily skewed.
Yeah... tracking in game activity is valuable data, but it does not answer the question that this poll does: what do players want more of.

Using data such as this poll is a good reference for applying analytics on their telemetry data. For example, just for discussion and context:

Poll: 75% or players want more Class stories.

Telemetry Example A: wait... telemetry shows that 75% of player spacebar through their class stories on their first characters..... Poll not supported by data.

Telemetry Example B: hey... telemetry data shows that 95% of players do not spacebar through their class stories... AND these same players roll multiple concurrent classes as well.

My point? The poll is stable and valid feedback from subscribers. It can be checked against telemetry to see if it is validly supported by in game play OR not.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

StarMagus's Avatar


StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:16 AM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The poll is a fair and stable representation of what "subscribers" want. Again.. if you ran the same poll in a truly random sampling of true subscribers in game.. I fully expect the results would be similar (within normal uncertainty ranges of polls).
"I fully expect the results would be similar" is not proof.

It sounds like you are admitting you have no proof, but you feel that it would. That's fine, I'm not going to argue with what somebody feels, people can feel all sorts of things that are right or wrong.

Again, I'm not saying the poll would have a different result, I'm saying there is no proof that it would have the same result. <----- This may sound the same but it's actually very different. And it seems you have gotten the meaning between the two statements jumbled or think they mean the same thing. They don't.


Side: Do they change the emote icons? I could have sworn I found a "It's a trap" one once, now I can't.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.07.2013 , 11:18 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
This is not true. Well run polls are good indicators because they follow best practices that lead to results that match reality, IE election polls match the results of elections, however polls that are poorly run don't match with results at all. There is nothing magical about a poll, it's a tool that requires correct usage just like any other tool.
It is true. Polls are what they are and traditionally have always been so. Have their been polls that have been wrong? Yes. Are they the norm? Not in the least.

Could this poll be wrong? Sure. When you line it up with prior polls, internet feedback, game performance, reviews and opinions, and forum posts and topics does it seem inaccurate?

No. But naturally there will folks that will claim it is absolute proof (it is not) or dismiss it out of hand (foolish choice IMO) for self serving reasons most of the time IMO.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.07.2013 , 11:19 AM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
"I fully expect the results would be similar" is not proof.

It sounds like you are admitting you have no proof, but you feel that it would. That's fine, I'm not going to argue with what somebody feels, people can feel all sorts of things that are right or wrong.
I have proof at a personal level. Of course it's not going to matter to you.. because you want something else. The results in this poll are in fact quite consistent with the chatter I see in general chat in game about things people like and want more of. Since I spend an hour or so each day in non-fleet hubs doing GTN buying and selling..I see what players are talking up and talking down in general chat. The only surprise for me in this poll was that PvP was not a higher % desire.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

StarMagus's Avatar


StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:21 AM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It is true. Polls are what they are and traditionally have always been so. Have their been polls that have been wrong? Yes. Are they the norm? Not in the least.
If you are actually interested in the topic, I would suggest you look into the science of polling of how people misunderstand them, or have them return really wrong data because the people taking them didn't set them up right. It's actually a pretty interesting topic. Also how wording of a poll can VASTLY swing the results of a poll.

Swessy's Avatar


Swessy
11.07.2013 , 11:22 AM | #296
My top 5 list:

1. Class stories
Many of them ended on somewhat of cliffhangers and I would like to see what happens next. Also I''ve read somewhere that the devs find it hard to get all 8 classes a reason to be on the same planet. Wich although haven't stopped them pre-50, I don't get why every new chapter has to be on a new planet. They could jump from planet to planet on already existing planets f.ex.
Also liked the idea posted early in this thread about releasing it periodically, like f.ex telltale does with The Walki8ng dead. For me it doesn't have to be level cap raise either with class story. Can keep the cap raise with the overall story like Makeb was for my sake.

2. Minigames
I would love both podracing, swooprace, pazaak, sabaak an much more. Make Nar Shaddaa the epicentre for gambling and games.

3. Planets
Would love to see some excisting (in star wars lore) planets andtotally new ones. Expansions with several new planets.

4. Companions
Both new ones and develop those we have further

5. Space thingy
I like both pvp and pve so more of both never hurts, therefore i would love for them to include a PVE option for it. Also with this would be cool if they made ops, fps and such where you have to attack in space, and then continue on ground/inside ship/spacestation after f.ex.

I voted for almost all of them but these are my topses

Also, for the discussion going back and forth here, it has been my understanding from all i've seen leaving that i know of, that it was never the class stories that was the reason for them leaving. The reason for them was lack of endgame, or too easy endgame, plus lack of QOL things. In fact, those i've talked with have all said SWTOR has the best levelling experience BECAUSE of the class stories that they had in any mmo.

That is not all players who left probably though.

Neglience's Avatar


Neglience
11.07.2013 , 11:22 AM | #297
they could just made polls ingame like they did during beta. this way, every player has a chance to vote and the poll is way more representative.

but this way, bw would clearly know what the players want leaving them in a situation where they cant release stuff noone/not many players want but are easy to made for BW.
Coin Wars™: The Cartel Republic™. Soon™ you are going to die for™ a awesome™ exclusive™ yet to be announced thing.
Collector's Store:Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition.

StarMagus's Avatar


StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:23 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I have proof at a personal level. Of course it's not going to matter to you.. because you want something else. The results in this poll are in fact quite consistent with the chatter I see in general chat in game about things people like and want more of. Since I spend an hour or so each day in non-fleet hubs doing GTN buying and selling..I see what players are talking up and talking down in general chat.
So what you are saying is that you have the best form of evidence... Anecdotal Evidence!



It's also funny that you assume that I want something else, when I actually haven't stated what I wanted or didn't want from the poll in the thread. I can see something that supports my personal bias and still recognize that the source might be biased.

From my listening in on Fleet Conversations, I have gathered that the Topic of Obama is a big deal in the Game and the Dev's need to get something in game to reflect that.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.07.2013 , 11:23 AM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
If you are actually interested in the topic, I would suggest you look into the science of polling of how people misunderstand them, or have them return really wrong data because the people taking them didn't set them up right. It's actually a pretty interesting topic. Also how wording of a poll can VASTLY swing the results of a poll.
Look. I am aware of your point and the wisdom of it. But you are dismissing this poll. I am saying it can't simply be dismissed. You and I have posted reasons why we feel the way we do.

I feel you are wrong with some contentions you make about this specific poll, you seem to feel I am wrong, and that fine. It is, after all, only our opinions. I don't intend to try and demean your opinion...only point out that we are not in agreement.

StarMagus's Avatar


StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:28 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Look. I am aware of your point and the wisdom of it. But you are dismissing this poll. I am saying it can't simply be dismissed. You and I have posted reasons why we feel the way we do.

I feel you are wrong with some contentions you make about this specific poll, you seem to feel I am wrong, and that fine. It is, after all, only our opinions. I don't intend to try and demean your opinion...only point out that we are not in agreement.
It's fine that we don't agree. I'm not dismissing the poll, I'm just feel that people shouldn't read more into it then what it is actually capable of producing. Again, I filled out the poll, and it's main high level scores match mine pretty closely. I can see something that matches my opinions, and still doubt the science behind it.