Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,316 69.26%
Operations 926 27.69%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.49%
Companions 882 26.38%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 618 18.48%
Planets 1,390 41.57%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.40%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 811 24.25%
Legacy 832 24.88%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.14%
Playable Races 983 29.40%
New Class 1,381 41.30%
Other 225 6.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3344. You may not vote on this poll

TUXs
11.07.2013 , 11:05 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I think what he's saying is that we're never getting another Voidstar. Clearly no one voted for it. :P
Nooooo! That's my favorite WZ of them all. CURSE YOU AND UR FLAWED POLL ERIC!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 11:07 AM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
Wait, the claim is this poll is a good representation, that is what has to proved. You just asked me to prove a negative.

Somebody doesn't get to go "Aliens are out there and are getting ready to invade." and then answer that they have no proof with "Pove Aliens aren't out there!!!" That's insane.
No.. I simply asked you to demonstrate your insistent claim that it is invalid.

From my perspective, the continued statistical stability of the poll demonstrates that you are wrong. You are right on theory, wrong on this particular context. If the numbers continued to wobble wildly all over the place, I would support your claim. But that is not the case here. I agree that the poll does not follow best practices, but that alone does not make it invalid.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:07 AM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
And it was never claimed to be any of that. You conflated it to include other users beyond who was responding to this poll and who had access to it. Polls such as this are useful in that it gives a representation of a certain subset or demographic. You mentioned political polls. There are polls taken that are geared towards certain subsets of voters, i.e. women, people of color or party affiliation. Do they then represent all voters? No they do not, they represent that certain subset of voters, much like this poll represents a certain subset of player/subscribers to this game.
My point was always that it was important to understand exactly what the poll could show and what it couldn't show. I have no idea why you are arguing with me about something that it seems we have the exact same opinion on.

I never said the poll in question was bad, I said I even filled it out myself... I really am not sure what problem you have with what I said, because as far as I can tell we both agree with each other 100%, in that the poll only shows the desires of a very small subset of the Subscribers and shouldn't be taken to mean anything more.

TheLexinator
11.07.2013 , 11:08 AM | #284
Glad to see the Class Story is crushing it so hard. Hopefully Bioware takes notice, although I highly doubt it.

KurganNazzir
11.07.2013 , 11:08 AM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
So...are you saying we'll have the new Huttball map in 3 months time or Alderaan??
Damn, you beat me to it, kind of . I was going to quote him and exclaim how we're getting a new Huttball map. And it will be on grass that resembles an American soccer field to add to the confusion about kicking the huttball. And everyone who kicks the huttball gets the title 'the Cheater', along with a scolding from Baron Deathmark. Wait, what is this thread about?

StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:09 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
No.. I simply asked you to demonstrate your insistent claim that it is invalid.

From my perspective, the continued statistical stability of the poll demonstrates that you are wrong. You are right on theory, wrong on this particular context.
I said that there is no proof that the Poll represents the will of the Subscribers in general, you haven't brought up any proof. I can't prove a negative, nobody can.... however it seems you can't prove that it represents the will of all subscribers either... and the yellow post saying that polls on the forums aren't always a good indication of what the subscriber player base wants supports my view.

Lesaberisa
11.07.2013 , 11:10 AM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
Exactly. They'd be much smarter to actually look at the in game metrics of what all subscribers/players are actually doing in the game.
Actually, as has been pointed out multiple times in this topic, this would be a very flawed method of tracking customer preferences about future content. I spend a lot of time running dailies, but I don't want that to be a priority for development at all (to say nothing of the time spent idling or in queue or grinding in other ways). That's not to say this poll is perfect - it isn't - but your suggestion is going to be heavily skewed.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

StarMagus
11.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
Exactly. They'd be much smarter to actually look at the in game metrics of what all subscribers/players are actually doing in the game, than assume that a poll of a couple hundred hard core players on the general forums represents everyone in this game.
From the Yellow post it sounds like that's exactly what they do.

Andryah
11.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
the poll only shows the desires of a very small subset of the Subscribers and shouldn't be taken to many anything more.
The poll is a fair and stable representation of what "subscribers" want. Again.. if you ran the same poll in a truly random sampling of true subscribers in game.. I fully expect the results would be similar (within normal uncertainty ranges of polls).
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

EricMusco
11.07.2013 , 11:12 AM | #290 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
So...are you saying we'll have the new Huttball map in 3 months time or Alderaan??
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I think what he's saying is that we're never getting another Voidstar. Clearly no one voted for it. :P
This made me laugh harder than it should have, it was just an example! Oh, you guys.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]