Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,311 69.30%
Operations 926 27.77%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.53%
Companions 879 26.36%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.47%
Planets 1,388 41.62%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.45%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 808 24.23%
Legacy 830 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.25%
Playable Races 977 29.30%
New Class 1,377 41.29%
Other 224 6.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3335. You may not vote on this poll

Rafaman
11.06.2013 , 04:17 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Well I'm not gonna try to support your theory, my opinion is that the sample here is terribly small and statistically unreliable, not to mention extremely vulnerable to manipulation.
Mine is not a theory, it is mathematics. But you are entitled to your opinion. Don't get me wrong polling in this way is flawed, but the number of responses and the data gathered has value.

TUXs
11.06.2013 , 04:19 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Mine is not a theory, it is mathematics. But you are entitled to your opinion. Don't get me wrong polling in this way is flawed, but the number of responses and the data gathered has value.
I agree with that - all data has value
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah
11.06.2013 , 04:23 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
The interesting thing on this poll though is to observe where the breakdown in numbers became stable. Which was back around 200 pollers. Since that point.. the shift in the breakdown of numbers has been very small (in the noise really of the polling accuracy).

This is a demonstration that the poll has acquired statistical significance within the population being polled. Yeah.. it's only polling active subscribers..but that is known and is in fact the premise of the poll... to ask the paying customers what they want to see in the future. So I don't agree in this case that it violates the self-selection rule (given that the way it is structured it does not encourage any given subscriber to be more (or less) likely to vote. The OP benefits here by having a clearly defined sample aperture (paying subscribers) as opposed to the silly open range polls Lord R tried to apply earlier which are total uncontrolled polling apertures.

I was LMAO at people complaining that the poll was a sampling of a small minority of players. Derp.. that's the definition of polls... as opposed to voting referendums.

Now.. if we saw the breakdown numbers continue to swing wildly as we added poll votes.. then yeah.. the poll is not stable in terms of statistical significance. Frankly, I am surprised it settled as early as it did. This suggests the active forum members are in more harmony then day to day thread discussion would lead us to believe.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

GalacticKegger
11.06.2013 , 04:36 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
That's still not a good sample. I'd be willing to bet that most players of this game and most potential players of this game never visit mmorpg.com.
I'd be willing to bet that most players of this game ... and likely most potential players of this game ... rarely if ever visit these forums let alone MMORPG.com. Reading their stuff is like reading the Daily Globe. Sensationalist propaganda sells. Any poll they produce would be taken mostly by either banned players or smear merchants. I doubt if more than a handful of people who play the game for real would ever go there to complete a poll or fill out a survey.

People whose inputs are in the minority of a poll's results (and who also possess an insatiable need to win arguments) have a penchant for defending their position by claiming that the poll is flawed. There is nothing to defend because the results are what they are. Besides this poll thread is all of, what ... two days old?
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

arunav
11.06.2013 , 04:42 PM | #205
Though only a small fraction of players actively read/use the forums, from anecdotal evidence in-game, the poll is quite accurate on what folks would like to see with future expansions/patches.

Even if expensive, I hope the investment that would potentially be made in making some of these categories a reality (for me, especially new class stories and minigames) gets some attention from BW.

Palar
11.06.2013 , 05:00 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Insults...typical.

You're claiming that 369 people voting in a poll (less likely since we all know how easy it is to refresh your IP address and vote more than once) is "statistically significant"? LOL! No...it's miniscule.
For that to make sense, you'd have to ignore that the forum setup remembers which accounts already voted. Generic website polls might allow vote-stuffing, but one must be logged in to do anything here.

Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 05:04 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Well, regardless of the divisiveness of this particular poll, it has attracted attention and results, so hopefully Bioware can at least use that as a starting point and email out their own poll.

Which people will then proceed to complain about when the results don't include their favourite thing at the tippy-top. But at least it would be a wider sample size.
In-game statistics are far more accurate and I'm fairly sure that whatever Bioware needs to know, they'll just check what the game itself says. For instance...

A lot of people - me included I might add - would like to see more class storyline content, but assuming Bioware has the tools to check how much of the former and current player base actually finished the lot of them, what point a poll such as this serves, compared with real-time, accurate statistics so to speak?

Again, this is just fodder for someone who's desperately trying to cling to the possibility that some stuff MAY happen... Bioware couldn't care less about it, since they have far more precise instruments to gather all the data they need.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

GalacticKegger
11.06.2013 , 05:05 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
For that to make sense, you'd have to ignore that the forum setup remembers which accounts already voted. Generic website polls might allow vote-stuffing, but one must be logged in to do anything here.
Bingo. The primary rule for participation in this poll is one player = one vote. Can't be bent, twisted or massaged. Like it or not, the numbers speak for themselves.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Callaron
11.06.2013 , 05:08 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Bingo. The primary rule for participation in this poll is one player = one vote. Can't be bent, twisted or massaged. Like it or not, the numbers speak for themselves.
People that don't like the results will still use the same "Forumites are aliens!" defense, and argue vehemently that a player who doesn't visit the forums couldn't possibly, ever share a similar opinion as one who does.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Tatile
11.06.2013 , 05:14 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
In-game statistics are far more accurate and I'm fairly sure that whatever Bioware needs to know, they'll just check what the game itself says. For instance...

A lot of people - me included I might add - would like to see more class storyline content, but assuming Bioware has the tools to check how much of the former and current player base actually finished the lot of them, what point a poll such as this serves, compared with real-time, accurate statistics so to speak?

Again, this is just fodder for someone who's desperately trying to cling to the possibility that some stuff MAY happen... Bioware couldn't care less about it, since they have far more precise instruments to gather all the data they need.
Well, based on my "activity" Bioware would see that I raid a lot more than I play class stories, and idle on Fleet more than I raid (most days.) If they use that as a basis of working out what things I like, "idling on Fleet" is highest on the list and the easiest thing for them to develop.