Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,321 69.30%
Operations 928 27.71%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.43%
Companions 884 26.40%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 619 18.48%
Planets 1,394 41.62%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.38%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 813 24.28%
Legacy 833 24.87%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,310 39.12%
Playable Races 986 29.44%
New Class 1,384 41.33%
Other 225 6.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3349. You may not vote on this poll

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.06.2013 , 11:03 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I wouldn't call the first two "content" quite on par with a new daily area for instance, let alone have it compared with the kind of stuff people actually want to begin with, concerning the subject at hand.

Concerning the Space Project, you're wrong, since everyone knew they had something in the works for quite some time now.



No, you haven't.
1) I did not specify "content". you projected your own bias right there. And as we all know, one persons "content" is another persons "non-content". Collections revolutionized how content is used. It's an outstanding QoL feature for players that nobody saw coming.

2) Most objective players would look you in the eye and tell you that you are wrong. But it's your opinion.. so you are entitled to cling to it. Sorry to hear the game makes you unhappy.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
11.06.2013 , 11:06 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, the Collections system can hardly qualify as playable content I'd say or at the very least, the kind of stuff people are craving for in this topic. Take a look at the poll if you please.
While I suppose you might argue that events are unpopular because they aren't on the poll either(except as possibly other), the chevin event and the rakghoul event had very little lead up to them. The Macrobinoculars and seeker droid missions, while you might also consider them niche, were also something not expected by the player base.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 11:07 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Most objective players would look you in the eye and tell you that you are wrong. But it's your opinion.. so you are entitled to cling to it.
I fail to see why. Last I checked, both the collections and dye systems are NOT playable content, nor are they related in any shape or form with the kind of stuff that drives this thread to begin with.

So, I ask again... When exactly Bioware surprised anyone, concerning the stuff that is driving this thread to begin with? Class storylines, companion expansions, new planets and so forth?

SSSP was known for a serious while now, as I mentioned already and Makeb, well... People didn't know the name but it was known as the Gay Planet for a while as well.

If you have to make point, just do it. No need to try and circumvent it really.

Quote:
Sorry to hear the game makes you unhappy.
I have sixteen level 55's, plus other 6 characters, in the Red Eclipse alone. It is FAIRLY obvious the game makes me unhappy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vowrawn and the Wrath
HAVE FAITH THAT ALL QUESTIONS, ALL CONCERNS, WILL SHORTLY BE RESOLVED.
THE EMPEROR IS RETURNING, AND WE WILL FUEL HIS FLAME.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.06.2013 , 11:09 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, the Collections system can hardly qualify as playable content I'd say or at the very least, the kind of stuff people are craving for in this topic. Take a look at the poll if you please.
My comment about them surprising players had nothing whatsoever to do with this poll. The comment was to highlight that they DO SURPRISE the player base. You seem dug into the bias that they don't. Fine.. live with your bias. I'll live happily with the surprises that come.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 11:10 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
While I suppose you might argue that events are unpopular because they aren't on the poll either(except as possibly other), the chevin event and the rakghoul event had very little lead up to them. The Macrobinoculars and seeker droid missions, while you might also consider them niche, were also something not expected by the player base.
Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vowrawn and the Wrath
HAVE FAITH THAT ALL QUESTIONS, ALL CONCERNS, WILL SHORTLY BE RESOLVED.
THE EMPEROR IS RETURNING, AND WE WILL FUEL HIS FLAME.

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
11.06.2013 , 11:12 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.
Hrrmmm? IIRC you challenged Andryah's statement that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to Bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.06.2013 , 11:12 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I have sixteen level 55's, plus other 6 characters, in the Red Eclipse alone. It is FAIRLY obvious the game makes me unhappy.
Actually, your comments about Collections not being content and not being a surprise release to players is very indicative of a jaded player IMO. If you don't like Collections, fine. If you consider it NOT content, fine. But don't pretend that it is not popular, and was not a surprise release.

Your number of 55s is irrelevant. We see unhappy players posting in the forums every day. Why? I have no idea... but it's each players choice.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.06.2013 , 11:13 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by vandicus View Post
hrrmmm? Iirc you challenged andryah's statement that bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that bioware has a history of surprising the player base).
+1
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.06.2013 , 11:15 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.
The FACT that they do surprise players with released features that players love simply indicates that my statement is true.

NOW.. if you want to tunnel vision on the poll categories.. then my statement still has relevance. Given their history with surprises.. it is very likely that at least one category on the poll magically pops down the road for players with little advance notice and to much player delight. BAM!! That's what a surprise is.

Why don't you just be honest and state that they are not releasing the content you want at the pace you want. IMO, that is your core issue.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 11:17 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
While I suppose you might argue that events are unpopular because they aren't on the poll either(except as possibly other), the chevin event and the rakghoul event had very little lead up to them. The Macrobinoculars and seeker droid missions, while you might also consider them niche, were also something not expected by the player base.
Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
My comment about them surprising players had nothing whatsoever to do with this poll. The comment was to highlight that they DO SURPRISE the player base. You seem dug into the bias that they don't. Fine.. live with your bias. I'll live happily with the surprises that come.
I find it hard to believe that most people will actually find surprising the fact that Bioware will try to come up with new ways to increase revenue, particularly on a very short-term basis.

That's not surprising but rather EXPECTED really.

Also, the only bias here is your own, since instead of actually addressing the subject, you just try to circumvent it, repeatedly I might add.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Hrrmmm? IIRC you challenged Andryah's statement that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to Bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base).
As I said already, coming up with features aimed at increasing Bioware's revenue is NOT surprising, but rather expected.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Actually, your comments about Collections not being content and not being a surprise release to players is very indicative of a jaded player IMO. If you don't like Collections, fine. If you consider it NOT content, fine. But don't pretend that it is not popular, and was not a surprise release.
I use collections fairly often but again, you're mixing things up. One last time...

Coming up with new ways to increase the game's revenue is NOT SURPRISING but rather EXPECTED, especially after the stuff the game went through, when it first came out.

Quote:
Your number of 55s is irrelevant. We see unhappy players posting in the forums every day. Why? I have no idea... but it's each players choice.
I find it kinda relevant, since if I was unhappy with the game, I would have stopped playing it a long time ago. Also, last I checked, I haven't criticized the game, but rather your assessment of something that doesn't actually EXIST.

There hasn't been any surprise element thus far, not even concerning most of the PvE content we've been getting, since it's been consistent with the leaks from over a year(!!!) ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vowrawn and the Wrath
HAVE FAITH THAT ALL QUESTIONS, ALL CONCERNS, WILL SHORTLY BE RESOLVED.
THE EMPEROR IS RETURNING, AND WE WILL FUEL HIS FLAME.