Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,315 69.25%
Operations 926 27.70%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.50%
Companions 882 26.38%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 618 18.49%
Planets 1,389 41.55%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.41%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 811 24.26%
Legacy 832 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.16%
Playable Races 982 29.37%
New Class 1,380 41.28%
Other 224 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3343. You may not vote on this poll

Alec_Fortescue
11.06.2013 , 10:39 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.
It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.
I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.
Yes. They should get some extra dev team to make story packs sold as Makeb was. :[
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

LostInReverie
11.06.2013 , 10:47 AM | #132
Class Stories - Please work on Chapter 4 and beyond. Pretty please?
Companions - This would go along with continuation of class stories.
Planets - New planets! I want to go somewhere new.
Customization Options - Especially for non-human races. Poor Cathar really got ripped off here. They have like 5 hair options., and all the hair options are stolen from the Zabrak. Really?
Playable Races - Give us Togruta and Nautolans, please!
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusīlla

jorill
11.06.2013 , 10:48 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Flood of rage reason is not a valid reason IMO. Releasing changes and content to parts of the population is standard fare for MMOs, and the chance of an extension to class stories, as opposed to no chance would not be ill received IMO.

I expect they are looking at Makeb like extensions, and it seems folks are not wanting that...the question is, will they accept short story arc extensions that might be one class at a time, because that might be the only way it can happen.

Its over 300 now, looks like class stories is the big leader so far, PVP the one at the rear of the pack. That is not surprising to me.

I just wonder if class stories, planets and minigames will remain the top three when it hits 400 or 500 votes.
I dont think the population as a whole would accept the one class at a time expansion but thats just my opinion. I can just see the rage from here when its not their class content being pushed out

Andryah
11.06.2013 , 10:48 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."
/Agree.

There is absolutely no doubt that for many many players SWTORs approach to storyline Missions has put the hurt on every other MMO. Heck, it's even put the hurt on itself with respect to Class Story Missions. They are so popular that players really cannot get enough of them.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
11.06.2013 , 10:52 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Yes. They should get some extra dev team to make story packs sold as Makeb was. :[
Given the popularity demonstrated by this poll, I agree with you.

BTW.. for all we know they may being doing this, or have plans for doing it. They do have a reputation for being quiet and then jumping out from behind a rock with a surprise for the players. They have done this several times now.

Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 10:53 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Given the popularity demonstrated by this poll, I agree with you.

BTW.. for all we know they may being doing this, or have plans for doing it. They do have a reputation for being quiet and then jumping out from behind a rock with a surprise for the players. They have done this several times now.
When did this happen exactly?
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Andryah
11.06.2013 , 10:54 AM | #137
At this point.. it looks like the numbers have settled in to statistical stability. By that I mean that while players continue to vote the poll, the numbers have only changed marginally since we passed 200 players voting.

So I think we can see where the forum membership stands collectively at this point.

That said.. I encourage members who have not voted to vote. The total number of respondents helps demonstrate to Bioware the sincerity of the forum members on the topic.. even if it really does not result in much difference in the % results by category.

Andryah
11.06.2013 , 10:58 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Collections. Bang.. nobody saw that coming and it is one of the more innovative and popular features in the game.

Dyes. Bang.. much wanted sure.....but nobody saw it coming until they announced it shortly before patch.

Tauntaun mounts. Bang. Much wanted and craved... yet nothing but silence from Bioware until shortly before they patch them in. Same with Varactyls. In fact.. this is a general approach by them with respect to mounts.

Space project. Much anticipated, much wanted, yet.. bang.. much different then anyone thought and came with relatively little notice into 2.5

There are more. But I think I have made my point. They keep things like this on the down low.. and then pop up with it and catch us by surprise as a player base. The silence approach pisses players off.. but the surprise factor generally results in good feelings when they pop.

Vandicus
11.06.2013 , 11:00 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Collections was pretty surprising. The SSSP coming out this soon was also surprising(no one took "very far off in the future" to mean, within 1 year).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Darth_Wicked
11.06.2013 , 11:01 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Collections. Bang.. nobody saw that coming and it is one of the more innovative and popular features in the game.

Dyes. Bang.. much wanted sure.....but nobody saw it coming until they announced it shortly before patch.

Space project. Much anticipated, much wanted, yet.. bang.. much different then anyone thought and came with relatively little notice into 2.5
I wouldn't call the first two "content" quite on par with a new daily area for instance, let alone have it compared with the kind of stuff people actually want to begin with, concerning the subject at hand.

Concerning the Space Project, you're wrong, since everyone knew they had something in the works for quite some time now.

Quote:
There are more. But I think I have made my point.
No, you haven't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Collections was pretty surprising. The SSSP coming out this soon was also surprising(no one took "very far off in the future" to mean, within 1 year).
Again, the Collections system can hardly qualify as playable content I'd say or at the very least, the kind of stuff people are craving for in this topic. Take a look at the poll if you please.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.