Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,169 68.47%
Operations 887 28.00%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,265 39.93%
Companions 815 25.73%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 598 18.88%
Planets 1,293 40.81%
Crew Skills and Crafting 566 17.87%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 742 23.42%
Legacy 788 24.87%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,248 39.39%
Playable Races 912 28.79%
New Class 1,311 41.38%
Other 215 6.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3168. You may not vote on this poll

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
11.06.2013 , 02:14 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yeah, the results are hardly surprising but certainly telling. I wonder what is in the "Other" category.
I'm willing to guess player housing might be a part of 'other'. I would have chosen that, had it been an option.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
11.06.2013 , 02:15 AM | #112
To be honest, this is basically an extension to KOTOR 1 & 2 I think they should have

1. Swoop Racing, it should be a queable pvp event, it should allow for spectator viewing and customizable swoop bikes.

2. Pazak games in the cantenas, this is one of the games that should be put in, the only obstacle would be the teen rating, it could be considered as gambling.

3. Planets like the ones at release, MAKEB is ok but its all instanced zones, even taking a taxi on that planet breaks the continuity because its all load zones. it would be great if they had planets like in KOTOR like dantoonie or kashik,

4. more sand box related things to do, even tho it may sound silly, I like the idea of cooking in a game creating inexpensive buffs beyond whats in game by going out into the environment farming items, it would also give the planets a reason to go back to them, such as one ingredient on this planet ect. the biggest issue right now is there is no reason to revisit the planets right now. it would be great to just add onto the existing planets. I like tattoonie, Voss, ect give us a reason to go play on those planets again.

5. there is no RP value in the cantenas, would be great if you could buy alchohaulic drinks that give an drunk effect, or seats that you could sit in.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
11.06.2013 , 02:26 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nice try pal. But I'm not a PvE extremist. Never have been. I PvP with my guld mates, and generally always do in MMOs. That said.. I prefer PvP in TSW to SWTOR.
Fine you know Secret World, I know and play that too - good. In that case you know that TSW has a much more economical way to cope with "story", much like
- ONE overarching story
- mission specific stories
- event stories

SWTOR went into that direction with Makeb, events and new areas, GOOD.

TSW did NOT:
-voice your own character
- give you dozens of dialogue choices which all end up in mostly the same result
-> yet it works very well and the story is compelling

TSW did:
- cutscenes in movie quality with moving camera and characters acting a lot more than in SWTOR

so yes if anything, SWTOR should rip off that concept instead of creating 8 sequels for the class stories


Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND.. as much as you wish the poll were a joke..it's not (no matter how much you protest and stomp your feet). It is a polling based reflection of the preference of subscribers today. Nobody cares what the rabid playerbase in January 2012 wants.. because frankly they don't care about the game and so their thoughts are irrelevant. Quitters don't get a vote because what they want does not exist in any MMO anyway. They are wandering locusts who consume and then contempt every MMO they play. All they need is a stream of new MMOs to play through on their 30 days play time and then discard and wander the internet ranting and spewing anywhere someone will listen.
ok, different opinion then. You say, please the remaining hardcore fan subscriber base (because F2Pers and Preferred didnīt get asked because they canīt vote)

I say, put new stuff in which is not more of the same -- to get back the old people and also new ones, and keep the content cheap to produce, player driven and self running. Example: Galactic Starfighter, again BW is on the right track with this one (although I expected a more open world free roaming experience, but anyway..)

Warzones are probably the cheapest content, played over and over and over again.
How often did you play your class story? Once? Twice? Itīs super expensive one-time use content no one revisits or stays subscribed for. It nearly killed SWTOR on launch, resulting into mergers and F2P, now people ask to do the same type of content again?

Palar's Avatar


Palar
11.06.2013 , 02:55 AM | #114
"Remember kids, more people will buy your product if it's just like every other game!"

The end-game locusts have moved on - throwing everything at new Ops isn't going to change that. They'll snort at the idea of coming back, and plow through ESO before declaring that dead.

People have stayed here for different things, so cycling priorities can't hurt.

Hakkology's Avatar


Hakkology
11.06.2013 , 04:34 AM | #115
Here is my priority.

1. Operations with the new space content
2. Mini games
3. New advanced classes or skill trees for the current classes.
4. Class Story
5. Planets
Hakko of the Red Eclipse ( Telekinetics Sage )

VanderII's Avatar


VanderII
11.06.2013 , 04:48 AM | #116
Vander II's list:

1- class story;
2- PvP (I'd like to see large battle open pvp);
3- Crafting;
4- mini games;
5- Space Content ;
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

StarMagus's Avatar


StarMagus
11.06.2013 , 05:45 AM | #117
Quote:
-voice your own character
- give you dozens of dialogue choices which all end up in mostly the same result
Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
11.06.2013 , 06:04 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."
Agreed. I went back to another game recently. Went through and area picked up a quest and.... logged right off when I had to read a wall of text explaining why I had to do the quest.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. My expectation for MMOs, due primarily to this game, is complete stories with full voice overs and interactive responses to those stories.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
11.06.2013 , 06:17 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Agreed. I went back to another game recently. Went through and area picked up a quest and.... logged right off when I had to read a wall of text explaining why I had to do the quest.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. My expectation for MMOs, due primarily to this game, is complete stories with full voice overs and interactive responses to those stories.
That is pretty much how I felt when I tried out FFXIV.
I'm too spoiled by SWTOR, and to a degree by TSW and Defiance.
PS: In the Secret World there are also quest NPCs that crack jokes about the silence of your character.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Legolose's Avatar


Legolose
11.06.2013 , 07:13 AM | #120
For me its goes this was for most wanted to least :

1) Class Story
2) New Class
3) Playable Races
4) Planets
5) Companions

The rest can wait IMO but these are my top 5
Vos'feratu | 55 | Sorcerer Vittoneli | 55 | Gunslinger
Vos'barake | 55| Guardian Vos'mauul | 55 | Sentinel
Server | The Shadowlands |