Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

She Who Battles Monsters: An Assassin's Tale

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
She Who Battles Monsters: An Assassin's Tale

Mirdthestrill
12.11.2013 , 11:42 PM | #21
D'aw, thanks. It's every writer's dream to hook her readers.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is obvious: I have another post up!

The bad news is that I have to take a brief hiatus from this story. My sub expires on Monday, and I currently don't have the money to renew it, what with buying presents for people and all. Without a sub, I can't post on the forums. Fortunately, I'm hoping to get some sub cards for Christmas, and even if I don't, I should be back by New Years at the latest. I hope you don't all abandon reading because of this, but if you do, I'll understand.

I do intend to keep playing as a premium player (I've done it for over 9 months before, I'll survive), and I'll keep working on Kiarn's story for when I get my sub back.

I may or may not get another update done before Monday, but if I don't, I'll see you in 2014!

Part 9: Forms and Functions
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

12.12.2013 , 09:22 AM | #22
Nice, so Erilinn is a sith marauder and he teaches the art of the lightsaber, and Eliss teaches about useing the force(I see Her as a sorc) and I assume from the title that kiarn will be an assassin? Or is that something to do with her past?

Mirdthestrill
12.16.2013 , 01:05 AM | #23
Well, I rather think that the official class designations don't exist in lore, but yes, Erilinn was based off the marauder archetype and Eliss off the sorcerer archetype, as was Quillan. As for Kiarn, well you'll just have to wait and see, but I like to think it was a little of both.

Hey, look I did get another post finished before Monday (barely). I apologize in advance, this isn't my best writing, but I figured it was better to post something bad now and something good after Christmas, than to post nothing now this same section edited to the point of "OK" then. I hope you agree with me. Since I don't think it was particularly clear, I'll add a summery after the main section in case you're confused.

Part 10: Passion

Spoiler

Summery:

Spoiler

Also, I've added Karanni to the character list in the first post.
I <3 alts!

12.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #24
As always...AWESOME, I'm going to miss reading this thread, when do you think you will be able to come back?

Mirdthestrill
01.01.2014 , 01:36 AM | #25
I'm ba-ak!

Sorry, avatar, I didn't see your post until after my sub had already expired, so I couldn't respond, but I hope this update is self-evident. Hopefully I'll be able to prolong my sub for longer than 2 months this time, but rest assured that I'll keep coming back until this story is completed, or at least brought to some sort of closure.

Happy New Years to everyone, btw.

Part 11: Strength

Spoiler

Author's note:
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Mirdthestrill
01.03.2014 , 01:31 AM | #26
Wow, this new one got ready fast, I guess all that free time around Christmas and New Years refreshed my creativity.

I feel like this story is getting kind of boring, but I promise that I'll get to more interesting things soon.

Part 12: A Personal Hatred

Spoiler
I <3 alts!

01.03.2014 , 09:33 AM | #27
[QUOTE=Mirdthestrill;7074881]I'm ba-ak!

Sorry, avatar, I didn't see your post until after my sub had already expired, so I couldn't respond, but I hope this update is self-evident. Hopefully I'll be able to prolong my sub for longer than 2 months this time, but rest assured that I'll keep coming back until this story is completed, or at least brought to some sort of closure.

no problem, it was really stupid of me to ask that since you had just said you wouldn't be able to post.

Mirdthestrill
01.07.2014 , 11:16 PM | #28
So, this is the beginning of what was turning out to be an extremely long post, so I split it up into two.

This is the first of a couple of time skips that I'm going to make, skipping to the interesting parts of Kiarn's training.

Part 13: An Interruption

Spoiler

Was I the only one who thought "I volunteer as tribute!" at the end of that?
I <3 alts!

01.11.2014 , 10:57 AM | #29
great as usual, hope kiarn mops the floor with Karanni

Mirdthestrill
01.13.2014 , 12:23 AM | #30
Alright, next post is up!

Not that it super applies to this post, but I figure now is a good time to talk about content warnings. I will let everybody know right off that I don't do sex, and I'm not super comfortable with graphic violence either. That being said, this is a story about sith, and as they start to move into their trials, it could get a bit intense. I'll warn of anything stronger than characters getting beaten up (which we've already seen plenty of anyway), just to be on the safe side. And, additionally, if you ever want a summery of something I posted that you think you might not want to read, just pm me. Like I said, I don't foresee this being a problem, and I really don't foresee it getting much more intense that what's in the game, but I thought I should mention it.

Part 14: The Duel

Spoiler
I <3 alts!