Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

She Who Battles Monsters: An Assassin's Tale

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
She Who Battles Monsters: An Assassin's Tale

Mirdthestrill
11.04.2013 , 12:01 AM | #1
Hi, everyone!

I've been reading some of the fun stuff people have been posting lately, and I've finally worked up the courage to start writing my own. I've been writing for a while, but this is my first fan fic, and feedback/constructive criticism is appreciated.

Characters: (the spoiler tags have pictures)
Kiarn (Human female)- Student, Korriban Sith Academy

Lord Rornak (Togorian male)- Teacher, Korriban Sith Academy. Togorians aren't a playable species, but here's a link to the woookiepedia article on them.

Lord Eliss (Twi'lek female)- Headmaster, Korriban Sith Academy

Kahnishh (Selonian male)- Student, Korriban Sith Academy. Again, non-playable, but here's a link:

Meiko (Miraluka female)- Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

Kelas (Nikto male) - Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

Quillan (Zabrak male)- Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

Tamine (Human female)- Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

Lord Erilinn (Sith Pureblood male)- Teacher, Korriban Sith Academy.

Tyrin (Human male) - Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

Karanni (Zabrak female) - Student, Korriban Sith Academy.

NOTE: While there may end up being class and/or planet story spoilers at some some point, there are none in this first post. I'll try to mark anything specific if it does come up.

All posts will be poilered for length.

Part 1: Arrival
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Mirdthestrill
11.05.2013 , 01:41 PM | #2
Now might be a good time to put a disclaimer in: I made up a lot of the academy stuff completely. While I've been able to find some information in other sources (specifically this game, the KOTOR games, the Darth Bane novels, and Jedi vs. Sith: The Ultimate Guide to the Force) about how the sith academy works, none of it is really the nitty-gritty details I need. So, I just went with whatever I thought made sense and worked for the story. The point of this long digression being: if you spot something you know isn't right, please tell me so I know for the future!

Part 2: Master of the Academy
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Xakthul
11.05.2013 , 01:55 PM | #3
Good start. This feels a lot like the intro to the Academy for both the Sith classes.

I look forward to seeing more of your story.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Mirdthestrill
11.09.2013 , 12:24 AM | #4
Thank you very much Xak, that means a lot to me.

I didn't realize until I start doing fan fics how much the writers sort of have to guess. Things like whether coffee exists in LotR, how students at Hogwarts get stuff like toothpaste and new socks or, as will become relevant in a few posts, what kind of food they serve in sith cafeterias.

Part 3: The Miraluka
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Mirdthestrill
11.14.2013 , 12:22 AM | #5
Don't have much to say with this post except "thanks for reading!" and "please feel free to comment"

Part 4: Observing
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Xakthul
11.14.2013 , 03:15 PM | #6
Pink lightning? Cool!

Nice job on the descriptions of the academy.

On another hand, I don't wanna be that guy, but it's Trandoshan, not Trandosian. (if that's the lizards you were thinking of)
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

11.19.2013 , 09:59 AM | #7
I am already getting sucked into this story and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Mirdthestrill
11.19.2013 , 02:14 PM | #8
Thank you, for the compliment avatarearth.

Xak, thank you for pointing that out, and I fixed it.

After doing this post, I might swear off doing anything that involves italics ever again, because I hate doing the forum formatting for it.

(Man, this post's title sounds really over dramatic)

Part 5: Memories of Rage
Spoiler
I <3 alts!

11.19.2013 , 03:56 PM | #9
Nice job, you really got me wondering about her past and what she's doing there, great story.

Mirdthestrill
11.26.2013 , 01:48 PM | #10
I hope I can live up to your expectations, Avatar, but I'm sure whatever you're imagining is probably far more interesting than what's actually there.

Sorry it took me so long to get this one up, I've kind of had writers block, mainly due to my not liking to write fight scenes. But I hope I make up for it with a nice long post!

Also, a bit of a poll: would you like me to add a character list to the first post? And if so, would you like me to include screenshots of the characters/what they would look like if I had a toon for them? I'm realizing that the list of characters is growing pretty rapidly and it might be helpful to have one.

Part 6: Impetuous
Spoiler
I <3 alts!