Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment Operatives- No nerfs needed, no buffs needed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Concealment Operatives- No nerfs needed, no buffs needed.

TheSupaCoopa
11.03.2013 , 07:34 PM | #1
Duran'del Here:

Yes. I did just say that. The class is fine as-is. I've played against some really good Scrappers, and every fight I get into goes as so:
-I get tranq'ed.
-I get blasted to the ground.
-I get annihilated before I can react.
30% damage reduction from stuns doesn't do much.
Every class has a learning curve.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

ishbindeinvater
11.04.2013 , 02:30 AM | #2
probably you are just bad? probably a madness assassin would also shine against you?

concealment operatives are not totally bad in 1v1 when they jump on you and get lucky crits. but then its over.

compare that to an deception assassin.

operative misses sustained damage, and defense. and some QOL changes with TA.
ICH BIN DEIN VAAAATEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!

KittyCheshire
11.04.2013 , 10:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ishbindeinvater View Post
probably you are just bad? probably a madness assassin would also shine against you?

concealment operatives are not totally bad in 1v1 when they jump on you and get lucky crits. but then its over.

compare that to an deception assassin.

operative misses sustained damage, and defense. and some QOL changes with TA.
Minus the insults. Exactly what he said. Getting killed in a 1 v 1 vs an Concealment Operative (likely in optimized gear and a crit here and there) is more or less what should happen if you don't have the proper cooldowns (Resilience or a way to cleanse Acid Blade asap) or a medpac or adrenal ready. It's also the only thing they are good at:

Keep an Assassin out of stealth:
  • Loses the element of surprise.
  • Misses an autoprocced Maul
  • Misses a stun
Result: He pops Resilience/Deflection when under attack, maybe a blackout and still gets a lot of DPS off, whilst surviving. Force Speed also makes them capable of staying near their foe. Low Slash is a nice bonus aswell.

Keep an Operative out of stealth:
  • Loses the element of surprise.
  • Misses 1 upperhand (meaning it will either take more than 6 seconds to get in the 2-upperhand zone or Stim Boost which has a hefty cooldown.)
  • Misses 1 stun.
  • Misses 1 full Acid Blade which is a big part of their damage.
  • Get extremely vurnerable to slows (yes roll is amazing, but it's expensive and gets you less far when slowed.)
Surely healers can use roll a lot, but they have a less limited resource pool compared to their DPS counterparts.
Result: They really want to get the hell away from there or have some serious protection from teammates.

Morale of the story:
Pop a medpac and DoT/Slow that creeper and kite.

That and Deflection > Defensive Probe, Resilience > Dodge.

Now I'm not saying a more skilled and a better geared concealment operative won't do it's job, it's just a lot harder to do it. Just the easiest comparison, comparing it to a DPS like a Smashmonkey goes beyond me.