Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If we were to get NiM Flashpoints...

TACeMossie
11.03.2013 , 04:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
I think that before those are implemented, we need to look forward to the HM of red reaper and colicoid war games.
Oh I can imagine HM Colocoid: No turrets at the initial stage, environmental puzzle-like stage includes forcefields that insta kill you if you try to leap to droids, the Imps that you try to sabotage opening the gate and attacking you...

RikuvonDrake
11.03.2013 , 06:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Hey I still do all the ops. Granted I haven't done HM SnV yet or HM TfB, but there is the gear gap to consider for them... Almost got my set bonus then Ill start moving across to them.

Though Dread fortress/Dread palace is a lot more fun..
Dude, if you haven't done S&V or TFB Hard Mode yet, you wouldn't stand a chance in Flashpoints got a Nightmare mode, manly because your gear would be so bad your group wouldn't be able to handle the DPS requirements nor the healing/tanking pressure. Get in these instead and I assure you that it will be a challenge, then if you still think it's easy mode go and test your luck in TFB/S&V Nightmare, when you have done all these modes and cleared them. I am alright with you coming back to the forums and ask for more challenging content, right now you feel more like someone that is running 55 HM FP and thinking they are they hardest content ingame lawl.

Also, regarding the "gear gap" that you are talking about, I am a member of the guild that got the world first on first three in S&V (and World 2nd on last four) and we did it mostly in 63 gear with some 66 and 69 pieces, so don't come here and say that the GEAR REQUIREMENTS are stopping you lawl.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

TACeMossie
11.03.2013 , 07:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Also, regarding the "gear gap" that you are talking about, I am a member of the guild that got the world first on first three in S&V (and World 2nd on last four) and we did it mostly in 63 gear with some 66 and 69 pieces, so don't come here and say that the GEAR REQUIREMENTS are stopping you lawl.
Ok maybe Im just worried that the healers are gonna suck... I do clear DF and DP every week though, and from what I've heard they are only a little bit easier than SnV/TFB HM (with all those glitches increasing difficulty at least)

And I want harder flashpoints cause they are easier to organise than ops, and FPs are way too easy now

RikuvonDrake
11.03.2013 , 07:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Ok maybe Im just worried that the healers are gonna suck... I do clear DF and DP every week though, and from what I've heard they are only a little bit easier than SnV/TFB HM (with all those glitches increasing difficulty at least)

And I want harder flashpoints cause they are easier to organise than ops, and FPs are way too easy now
Well players being bad is nothing that gear can do something about, the difference between 69 and 78 isn't that massive that it's going to protect you from countless wipes. Well If you are doing DF and DP Hardmode without problems then S&V/TFB HM shouldn't be any issue, I don't know which one is considered to be harder, but maybe DF/DP since devs commented that they are tuned for 72 gear and S&V/TFB HM are only tuned for 69 gear

Well of course flashpoints are easier to organize, they require no tactical knowledge to clear, the gear requirement is like average 66 at most and when it comes to players raid awareness there is almost no need at all. They are easy because they are supposed to prepare players for endgame Operations, you are not supposed to find a challenge in a flashpoint, unless your group members suck and you have to compensate.

Gardimuer
11.03.2013 , 10:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Well of course flashpoints are easier to organize, they require no tactical knowledge to clear, the gear requirement is like average 66 at most and when it comes to players raid awareness there is almost no need at all. They are easy because they are supposed to prepare players for endgame Operations, you are not supposed to find a challenge in a flashpoint, unless your group members suck and you have to compensate.
Actually, I still have fond memories of HM Lost Island before it got nerfed in 2.0 That flashpoint required as much tactical knowledge as some of the more complex operations at the time, since with only 4 people in the group it was unlikely that you'd be able to outgear it. And if you had 2 melee DPS in your group, god help you. I remember the most fun I ever had in a flashpoint was the time I and some guildies got a queue pop for Lost Island with a healer in nothing but Tionese. We managed to complete it anyway since she was so good at her class.

So yeah, I'd enjoy seeing some more challenging Flashpoints just to break up the monotony.

RikuvonDrake
11.03.2013 , 11:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gardimuer View Post
Actually, I still have fond memories of HM Lost Island before it got nerfed in 2.0 That flashpoint required as much tactical knowledge as some of the more complex operations at the time, since with only 4 people in the group it was unlikely that you'd be able to outgear it. And if you had 2 melee DPS in your group, god help you. I remember the most fun I ever had in a flashpoint was the time I and some guildies got a queue pop for Lost Island with a healer in nothing but Tionese. We managed to complete it anyway since she was so good at her class.

So yeah, I'd enjoy seeing some more challenging Flashpoints just to break up the monotony.

Haha yea I guess, always played sniper/gunslinger since launch with one-two months before 2.0 with a marauder/sentinel, so once 1.2 hit with Denova and Lost Island, I never tested it with two melee DPS pre all the nerfs. But yea it totally agree, it was challenging and considering that it just was a flashpoint you didn't really take it seriously until you noticed that the tactics were p considerable, but once you got that down, rakghoul weekly was done every week.

I kind of see the point with nightmare mode, I have cleared all current content, done all title runs, Dragonslayer, from Beyond and were serverfirst back in Warstalker days so trust me, I want more content. But I rather see nightmare modes coming sooner then flashpoints with HM modes that is gonna make the forum wet with tears, nightmare mode operations is accepted. I mean even today as lvl 55 the bad players/guilds have problems doing Nightmare Denova, but tears on forum were low even back then, the bad players/guilds knows that they aren't even close to being able to handle it. But flashpoints is another issue, this is where the bad players/guilds reside and if Bioware would introduce harder flashpoint content. Tears will flow like back in Lost Island pre all nerfs or or even when the new flashpoints came out with lvl 55, the bad players are crying even now about how hard these FPs are, it's p funny reading.

verfallen
11.03.2013 , 11:11 AM | #17
Without going NiM FP, a very technical flashpoint (or two) with their own weeklies and category like LI was pre 2,0 would be fun.

You could then make it drop 72 earpiece/implant/belt/bracer at the last boss, or 69 mainhand/offhand.

And LI is now easy on the gear, but I've had groups wipes in it even post 2,0. Roughly, if the healer gets killed on the savrip early, you get boned, and you also get boned on Dr. Lorick if dps is lacking in the 2nd phase, if tank dont position him right, or if people stand in its satchel charges.

The droid became a pushover tough.

RikuvonDrake
11.03.2013 , 11:27 AM | #18
If Bioware would do another LI+Kaon duo again, which is highly unlikely, fights would massively be about tactics, moving and handling different mechanics at the same time as there were some kind of countdown so your DPS had to stay high. Drop would be one level below current BiS, that would mean a random Underworld chestpiece, back in the days it was rakata chest with setbonus from LI and columni head from Kaon, but I guess that would mean none setbonus underworld chest, ie. vergine and then arkanien also none setbonus from the other.

Bioware cannot throw underworld tokens or items like underworld relics/earpiece/implant to flashpoints you can just do over and over again, vergine is fine, those item are **** with to much crit and no setbonus, that is no problem.

VoW_LugNut
11.03.2013 , 11:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Agree! No way in HOTH are they going to add Token Drops to FP's.
Why not? They did it at launch for HM Flashpoints with Columi tokens.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

RikuvonDrake
11.03.2013 , 12:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
Why not? They did it at launch for HM Flashpoints with Columi tokens.
Then they removed it with current flashpoints content that only drops none setbonus, no more tokens or any setbonus items, your point?