Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If we were to get NiM Flashpoints...

TACeMossie
11.01.2013 , 06:32 PM | #1
Which ones would you like to see?
And what changes would you like?
What kind of loot would you like to drop?

Personally, I would like it to be hard enough to be about half way between HM SnV/TfB and NiM SnV/TfB, mainly cause I want a real challenge in flashpoints. Oh and making it that hard allows amazing drops from them.

Something like the following:

FLASHPOINTS

Taral V/Boarding Party
- Typical bosses drop 2 Elite Comms, 1 Verpine Gear
- Tight enrage timers on each boss that typically require at least an Arkanian set bonus to get past each boss
- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Belt Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Legs Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry

- Tight enrage timers on each boss that typically require at least an Arkanian set bonus to get past each boss
- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Bracers Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Helmet Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Additional note: Revan has a chance to drop his mask, though its an incredibly small chance (< 0.001%). Also Killran no longer drops loot, but the loot from him is found in a chest labeled "Revans Personal Belongings" just before the entrance (and the HK Loyalty chip is also found in this). <0.001% chance of revans mask being in this chest

The False Emperor

-This was added as an afterthought HK-47 has a small chance to drop a HK-51 customization that makes him look like HK-47 and increases the use of the term "Meatbag" in combat.

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Relic Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Chestpiece Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Kaon Under Siege

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Earpiece Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Offhand Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Lost Island

- Bonus boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Gloves Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Mainhand Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Czerka Corporate Labs

- No Bonus Boss
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Implant Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Czerka Core Meltdown

- No Bonus Boss
- Final boss drops 2 Elite Comms, 1 Ultimate Comm, 1 Underworld Boots Token, 2 Exotic Element Equalizers

Now I could go into more details, but thats what I'd do for now.

So Bioware, get onto these NiM FPs. Ops are getting real frustrating with the 1 week lockout, and HM flashpoints are way too easy now.

Oh and its harder than the HM Ops that drop underworld tokens due to a lack of a lockout

Falver
11.01.2013 , 06:38 PM | #2
The problem with your supplied loot list is that it makes set bonus gear too easy to acquire. It would clash with the logic of having lockouts for operations.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

dscount
11.01.2013 , 07:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
The problem with your supplied loot list is that it makes set bonus gear too easy to acquire. It would clash with the logic of having lockouts for operations.
Agree! No way in HOTH are they going to add Token Drops to FP's.
Pointing out broken 16m SM Loot since 12/04 [Link1] & 12/11 [Link2] & 12/16 [Link3]
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

SDconqueror
11.01.2013 , 07:45 PM | #4
Too easy to get token gear. Even IF you would get lock outs for these Flashpoints.. it would be too easy.

An idea would be that you could only do ONE NiM flashpoint a week. It wouldn't kill the PuG operation population. But even then..

I think NiM flashpoints would be more acceptable and reasonable if they dropped 1 piece of Verpine gear at the last boss with a chance (really like this idea), a small chance (0,2% to 2% based on rarity of item) at dropping a super super rare item. I think this would probably make the GF queue a litte less dead at the moment. So yes it is interesting and plenty of possibilities out there. Of course with my suggestion, no lock outs on NiM FP's or maybe like 15 Max a week or something. This would be a great opportunity to go treasure hunting in FP's and make them worth while even when over geared for them

TACeMossie
11.01.2013 , 07:49 PM | #5
Ok maybe the set bonus is a bit much to hope for, even though the proposed difficulty of the NiM FPs would almost have to keep up with NiM SnV/TfB, though at least some of the tokens should drop (e.g. Currently HM Meltdown's Vigilant will drop either an Arkanian Earpiece token or an Arkanian Implant token).

Or hell, even some Underworld Relics (instead of a token) from a specific list (the same ones you could have bought with comms if they let you buy better relics than arkanian) at least (No serendipitous assault/Fortunate Redoubt/New Kind of relics)

RikuvonDrake
11.01.2013 , 08:08 PM | #6
Flashpoints is never going to become as hard as nightmare mode operations, I also believe that the next loot from flashpoints if made new ones that are harder then the current will be random Underworld gear, not tokens, not setbonus, just the crappy aver pine that drops from HM Ops.

However if you are looking for a challenge, drop the role play attitude and join a real PvE guild and start doing Nightmare mode Operations. I am both Dragonslayer (timed run s&v) and from Beyond (timed run tfb) and none are these are in any way easy. If you are looking for a challenge, stop dreaming about nightmare flashpoints, that will never happens, they won't waste resources on making new mechanics for flashpoints when they can develop operations instead.

Redfiree
11.01.2013 , 08:13 PM | #7
I think a set bonus would be fine for flashpoints that are harder than HM S&V/TFB. If they don't drop that, they would need to drop Oriconian gear, and that is even better than Underworld set bonus items.

TACeMossie
11.01.2013 , 08:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Flashpoints is never going to become as hard as nightmare mode operations, I also believe that the next loot from flashpoints if made new ones that are harder then the current will be random Underworld gear, not tokens, not setbonus, just the crappy aver pine that drops from HM Ops.

However if you are looking for a challenge, drop the role play attitude and join a real PvE guild and start doing Nightmare mode Operations. I am both Dragonslayer (timed run s&v) and from Beyond (timed run tfb) and none are these are in any way easy. If you are looking for a challenge, stop dreaming about nightmare flashpoints, that will never happens, they won't waste resources on making new mechanics for flashpoints when they can develop operations instead.
Hey I still do all the ops. Granted I haven't done HM SnV yet or HM TfB, but there is the gear gap to consider for them... Almost got my set bonus then Ill start moving across to them.

Though Dread fortress/Dread palace is a lot more fun..

tman_ac
11.02.2013 , 06:00 PM | #9
So, you're talking about nightmare FPs but haven't done at least the hardmode Ops?

The challenge as it is right now is okay. Storymodes for entry gear (tokens), Hard Mode for better gear and a bit of challenge and nightmare modes for the ultimate challenge. Besides, HM FPs for some commendation farm and time in between. No need to change that.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Tachenko_Yuri
11.03.2013 , 03:28 AM | #10
I think that before those are implemented, we need to look forward to the HM of red reaper and colicoid war games.
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Dread Slayer - The Red Eclipse - Potentiae Guild
You have 15977 days of subscription play time remaining. - Creation Date: 1/1/1970 ...mmk then? O.o o.O