Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

treek mute custimization or force choke hold on treek PLZ!!!!1!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
treek mute custimization or force choke hold on treek PLZ!!!!1!

Killumuch
11.01.2013 , 06:23 PM | #1
plz plz plz make it possible to mute her/him even if I have to pay coins I will

ZETA_SCORPII
11.01.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Killumuch View Post
plz plz plz make it possible to mute her/him even if I have to pay coins I will
I have issues seeing big bad Sith Warriors with Treek no matter how good she tanks/heals. More power to those that enjoy her but I just can't stand the damn thing lol (no offense to anyone).

Icebergy
11.01.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3
Don't use her if she annoys you?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

WestXv
11.01.2013 , 06:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Don't use her if she annoys you?
So much this. I hate it so much when I see ppl complaint about treek when they should just stop using her if they have problems with her.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

Remianen
11.01.2013 , 06:56 PM | #5
As an aside, I would pay for the option to mute the ship droids. Yes, I know they were toned down previously but I want the ability to make the bootlickers shut up altogether.

jedimasterjac
11.01.2013 , 07:00 PM | #6
Please... what... why? Just don't use her.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

AdrianDmitruk
11.01.2013 , 08:13 PM | #7
Normally I am of the "don't like a comp, don't use it" variety, but I should note that we still hear other players' Treek fuzzballs. I suspect this has something to do with the OP's problem.

This is simply a smaller-scale repeat of a problem that existed at launch, when you could hear others' companions so questing was a never-ending stream of the same phrases over and over again. Bioware eventually muted other players' companions so you would only hear your own, but somehow they forgot about this when they came up with Treek.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

Andryah
11.01.2013 , 08:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
As an aside, I would pay for the option to mute the ship droids. Yes, I know they were toned down previously but I want the ability to make the bootlickers shut up altogether.
Indeed. If anything would have a mute button you would think it would be a droid.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Korevas
11.02.2013 , 03:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WestXv View Post
So much this. I hate it so much when I see ppl complaint about treek when they should just stop using her if they have problems with her.
Problem is, she is still the most effective companion in both of her roles. IMO, having to chose between efficiency and personal preference is a design flaw, especially when the devs already developed a solution for it and then took it out for no reason at all.

Darth_Wicked
11.02.2013 , 04:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Korevas View Post
Problem is, she is still the most effective companion in both of her roles. IMO, having to chose between efficiency and personal preference is a design flaw, especially when the devs already developed a solution for it and then took it out for no reason at all.
As a healer, she's indeed the most effective. As a tank, Treek is crap, pure and simple.

Tested her out against other tanks and even when better equipped, she has an issue when it comes to retaining threat, unlike other tank companions in the game. I assume the issue is related to the moments when she's healing, since it seems she does NOT generate enough threat then.

Either way, the more I played with her, the more I realized how half-baked she actually was, not to mention it would've been cool on Bioware's part to introduce the same line of reasoning, for other companions, when it comes to generating extra threat when using tank stance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.