Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For DPS's, the FOH wait time too long!

Zanchvegas
11.05.2013 , 04:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
You got it all wrong. DPS is the lowest of the three because it takes the least amount of skill and knowledge to execute. Big flashy numbers do not mean you're the most important role. Heals come second with tanking being the most engaging and the role with most responsibility.

Now settle down a bit and enjoy your 5 minute wait times for GF to pop. I wait 20+ minutes with my sentinel and that' during peak hours on the server.
I don't agree with either. I think with the new ops, all 3 roles are vital and collaboration among roles is maxed out. If you don't DPS well enough, you all die (when boss enrages). If you don't cleanse and heal well enough, you all die. If you don't hold aggro and mitigate damage well enough, you all die.

But, more to the point, why not do something else while you wait in GF? Do a daily or do some crafting. 5-minutes is nothing.

slafko
11.06.2013 , 02:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zanchvegas View Post
I don't agree with either. I think with the new ops, ...
And I was speaking in general. As far as the ops are concerned, enrage timers and scripted mechanics are the lowest form of making content challenging to beat.

Never_Hesitate
11.06.2013 , 03:42 AM | #23
And I was speaking in general. As far as the ops are concerned, enrage timers and scripted mechanics are the lowest form of making content challenging to beat.
They could add random one-shots and a lot more knockbacks that would make things interesting

DPS aren't any less important than tanks or heals, there are just much more so you can easily replace a bad DPS, what IMO leads to the prejudice about them being not as important as the other roles.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

slafko
11.06.2013 , 04:33 AM | #24
Who said dps wasn't important?

And no, instagibs and knockbacks would not make things interesting. What would make things interesting are completely new mechanics and design approach.

Never_Hesitate
11.06.2013 , 07:23 AM | #25
Who said dps wasn't important?
I rewrote it to better reflect what I meant

And no, instagibs and knockbacks would not make things interesting. What would make things interesting are completely new mechanics and design approach.
What they wouldn't?

What would be the difference between "completely new mechanics" and "scripted mechanics"?
They would still be scripted even if they implemented completely new mechanics.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,

PifferPuff
11.06.2013 , 07:46 AM | #26
OMG... This is too funny! Nearly everyone in this thread is getting trolled. LOL. OP = successful troll

To everyone else: learn to laugh a little bit. The OP was a joke post (at least I'm taking it as such - b'cuz no one is that stupid). LOL. Brilliant post OP. LAWL. You made me spill my coffee on my keyboard. HAHA!

slafko
11.06.2013 , 08:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
What would be the difference between "completely new mechanics" and "scripted mechanics"?
They would still be scripted even if they implemented completely new mechanics.
I see you're trying to steer the discussion towards semantics and away from the fact that dps is the lowest and easiest of the three roles.

Never_Hesitate
11.06.2013 , 08:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by PifferPuff View Post
OMG... This is too funny! Nearly everyone in this thread is getting trolled. LOL. OP = successful troll

To everyone else: learn to laugh a little bit. The OP was a joke post (at least I'm taking it as such - b'cuz no one is that stupid). LOL. Brilliant post OP. LAWL. You made me spill my coffee on my keyboard. HAHA!
Why do people feel the need to tell everyone else that the obviously trolling OP is trolling?

A good troll like SirMarty is funny but the OP is just a sad attempt of trolling.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Never_Hesitate
11.06.2013 , 08:21 AM | #29
I see you're trying to steer the discussion towards semantics and away from the fact that dps is the lowest and easiest of the three roles.
No, that was a real question.
I don't know where you see the difference between the two.

IMO to be a good tank is way easier than being a good DPS and I don't agree that dps are the "lowest" of the 3 roles, it is a Trinity, so all three have to play in a team.
The fact that the dps are way easier to find doesn't lower their importance while actually playing
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

slafko
11.06.2013 , 08:33 AM | #30
Being a good tank takes a lot more effort than being a good dps. The tank has to be aware of all the mobs in the group and has to keep an eye on them. The dps only has to follow the weak-to-strong kill order (most of them can't even do that) and maybe check if a mob has peeled off the tank for some reason and is heading for the healer. DPSing borders so closely to mindeless button mashing it's frightening.

Don't believe me? Check the number "what's your dps on a dummy - leaderboard" threads versus the number of threads in which tanks and healers boast like gorillas in heat.