Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For DPS's, the FOH wait time too long!

Horaciozhao
11.01.2013 , 04:25 AM | #11
all 3 roles are equally important, that´s why it´s called a trinity. and I disagree saying DPS is the easiest one to do, same as tanks and healers, it´s easy to be an ok dps but it takes knowledge of rotation and timing to make a good dps. And with good dps in a lot of fps you can actually survive and kill bosses if the tank accidentally died. Plus dps´s job is not only stay there making damage, you have to know which mob to attack to reduce the tank´s burden, I´ve seen 2 dps attacks 2 different elite mobs, none is the one tank is focusing on, resulting in tank losing aggro here and there. Also, dps needs to care about healers when tank loses aggro, you are the one should be hit not the healer. so in all, all 3 roles are important and take practise to be good.

Ancaglon
11.01.2013 , 05:50 AM | #12
I assumed that the OP was just trolling, but given that he's got just 4 posts total and all seem equally clueless, I think he's for real....

wainot-keel
11.01.2013 , 07:50 AM | #13
Okay, you have 4 or 5 minutes wait as dps, and then, when you finally wake up to that ? How do you feel ? It's important.

wainot-keel
11.01.2013 , 07:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
I assumed that the OP was just trolling, but given that he's got just 4 posts total and all seem equally clueless, I think he's for real....
nah, he's trolling allright... but i'm playing along, this forum can be sometimes too serious and boring

Vegabond
11.01.2013 , 08:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
nah, he's trolling allright... but i'm playing along, this forum can be sometimes too serious and boring
spend time in that People in groupfinder thread its quite entertaining and amazing to read some of the LFG stories

midianlord
11.02.2013 , 06:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
OK, so now you got me all curious, so I checked the OPs posting history, and well...

Yeah. I really wish I hadn't done that
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

slafko
11.04.2013 , 04:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Horaciozhao View Post
all 3 roles are equally important, that´s why it´s called a trinity.
Actually, it's called a trinity because it consists of three roles.

And the dps is the least important of those three roles because it's much easier to recover from a loss of one, even two, derpiesses than it is to recover from a loss of a tank or a healer. As far as rotations are concerned, I don't give them much weight in deciding the quality of a dps. I mean, you can have the most perfect rotation in the world but if you're standing in aoe stressing the healer, if you're not interrupting that enemy heal or if you're ignoring target priority - you're still a bad dps.

The dummy doesn't fight back. That's why it's called a dummy.

Never_Hesitate
11.04.2013 , 06:29 AM | #18
IMO the easiest of the 3 roles is tanking (at least on level 55. Sub 30 aoe-tanking is a pain in the backside)
I play all 3 roles in the endcontent

The waittime in gf is really just a numbers game
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Fidelicatessen
11.05.2013 , 03:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The waittime in gf is really just a numbers game
Ahh! You play Sudoku while you wait, eh? I generally just do dailies. After all, the wait time for DPS is ridiculously long, as the OP pointed out.

Never_Hesitate
11.05.2013 , 03:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Ahh! You play Sudoku while you wait, eh? I generally just do dailies. After all, the wait time for DPS is ridiculously long, as the OP pointed out.
You can fight the waittimes by playing a tank or healer, that way you shorten the time for other DPS
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian