Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For DPS's, the FOH wait time too long!

AYoungTitan
10.30.2013 , 05:49 AM | #1
I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!. I really don't understand why the wait time is so...DAMN...LONG!?. Its shorter for heals...but for DPS?, its like a freaking 4 to 5 min wait!. In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

Here is some teaching from me!;

Heals: A much harder class to learn because there are lots of healing abilities involved...that are used to keep your fellow allies alive during hard times, and if you use the wrong healing ability...it would cost you your allies life!.

Tanks: I have none for this one, but I will soon!.

slafko
10.30.2013 , 06:01 AM | #2
You got it all wrong. DPS is the lowest of the three because it takes the least amount of skill and knowledge to execute. Big flashy numbers do not mean you're the most important role. Heals come second with tanking being the most engaging and the role with most responsibility.

Now settle down a bit and enjoy your 5 minute wait times for GF to pop. I wait 20+ minutes with my sentinel and that' during peak hours on the server.

Atyaman
10.30.2013 , 06:15 AM | #3
Almost 2/10. But not quite there yet.
The Progenitor Gizka
Vaynesh - Scoundrel | Zestia - Commando
OPS Recordings

Woebearer
10.30.2013 , 06:20 AM | #4

I suppose (hope) this is completly ironic otherwise i wonder how such a dumb one handles it to breathe and walk at the same time.
Roll Tank , and try to get to lvl 20 via Instances without ragequitting a single time, then come back and read this again, turn red & appologize.

5 min waiting time as a Dd is a dream, with such an attitude you deserve a waiting time of 5 hours.

Prototypemind
10.30.2013 , 07:53 AM | #5
Do the world a favor: pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow. Five minutes is nothing. I've had to wait that long even as a tank for 55HM on the occasion that I do put it up. Go cry somewhere else.

Jimvinny
10.30.2013 , 10:37 AM | #6
Clearly a troll thread. Come on guys, your sarcasm detector must be broken.

Gloomycakes
10.30.2013 , 11:43 AM | #7
Atleast it's a hilarious read.

Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
You got it all wrong. DPS is the lowest of the three because it takes the least amount of skill and knowledge to execute. Big flashy numbers do not mean you're the most important role. Heals come second with tanking being the most engaging and the role with most responsibility.

Now settle down a bit and enjoy your 5 minute wait times for GF to pop. I wait 20+ minutes with my sentinel and that' during peak hours on the server.
Honestly, guess you're one of those Tanks or Healers that enjoys feeling important? A good DPS is like a blessing from heaven and makes a healer or tanks job so much easier. Well let me correct that, it makes a healers job easier, for Tanks it's the other way around, a braindead DPS makes our lives so much harder. I personally very much enjoy the moments I get around one, it's very noticeble. It's quite off-topic since it doesn't relate to queue-times, but wanted it of my chest nonetheless.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few." ~Cheshire

Galsarus
10.30.2013 , 10:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AYoungTitan View Post
I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!.

In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

Heals: A much harder class to learn because there are lots of healing abilities involved...that are used to keep your fellow allies alive during hard times, and if you use the wrong healing ability...it would cost you your allies life!.

I think I understand why it takes you longer than usual to find a group HMFP/Ops- chances are you made it to the "ignore" list of a lot of tanks/healers.

All three roles play an equal and interdependent role in this game. Without Tank healers and DPS will cop too much flak, rendering the fight moot,. a tank's job is to make sure the 5k hits the boss is about to draw only lands on him and not healers/DPS (if he can help it).

Without Healers, the trash mobs alone will ensure a swift and painful death. along with a lovely repair bill.

Without DPS, Tanks will will not be able to beat enrage timers. A healer can only heal so much when you're taking 200% damage.

Now if you feel that what I have stated above is factually incorrect (i.e. the Trinity is an outdated game mechanic), please take a group through HM Mando Raiders with no tank in the group and let us know how you feel after facing Braxx and his pooches. if you want another, more worthy Challenge - HM Czerka Corporate labs without a tank.

YanksfanJP
10.30.2013 , 10:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AYoungTitan View Post
I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!. I really don't understand why the wait time is so...DAMN...LONG!?. Its shorter for heals...but for DPS?, its like a freaking 4 to 5 min wait!. In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

The reason queues are so much shorter for healers and tanks is because there are less of them. Why? Because the jobs come with responsibility, which is something most people are too lazy or too afraid to take on.

DPS has the longest queues because there are WAY WAY WAY more of them. It's purely a numbers game. There's more DPS in the queue so they have to wait longer.

You don't like it? Make a healer or a tank and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

slafko
10.31.2013 , 01:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gloomycakes View Post
Honestly, guess you're one of those Tanks or Healers that enjoys feeling important?
I don't feel important. I know I am.
Please note the difference because it's what sets bad and good players apart.