Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JA-3 Speeder (Campaign Speeder) not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
JA-3 Speeder (Campaign Speeder) not working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.29.2013 , 04:00 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We have isolated the issue. Currently the mount requires Speeder Piloting 3 to use, which was not intended. You should be able to use the mount with only Speeder Piloting 1.

We will work to have a fix for this in our next Update! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience until the bug is fixed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PLynkes
10.29.2013 , 04:26 PM | #12
So they have been sent out, then? Because I haven't had mine yet.

jedimasterjac
10.29.2013 , 04:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
So they have been sent out, then? Because I haven't had mine yet.
Sent out to everyone over the 10 days. Don't worry until the First.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

dscount
10.29.2013 , 05:52 PM | #14
Yes I think they stagger them via mail. I saw mine arrive today on my first toon.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

YoshiRaphElan
10.29.2013 , 07:38 PM | #15
Got mine and yes, it is broken so only Rank 3s can drive it. Disappointing but I'll definitely be patient and wait eagerly for the next update.

TheChervil
10.29.2013 , 08:30 PM | #16
Phew!
I thought something was wrong with my character at first.
For some reason I couldn't find the piloting skill on him (even though he is 29 and has a speeder and a mount!)
Thought maybe that had been bugged but this puts my mind at ease.

Well, no problem with a little bug now and then.
Thanks for the droid! He looks pretty funny following M1 around. Like a little brudder or a wannabe.

DemonMoMana
10.29.2013 , 08:42 PM | #17
Must be nice to be level 55 and have all your flying levels; however not everyone is so lucky. The speeder is for lvl 10 and any flying lvl so yes a fix is required. The gift was not for just lvl 55's, but for everyone.

Wardjp
10.29.2013 , 09:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonMoMana View Post
Must be nice to be level 55 and have all your flying levels; however not everyone is so lucky. The speeder is for lvl 10 and any flying lvl so yes a fix is required. The gift was not for just lvl 55's, but for everyone.
It's not the 55 speeder level that they're talking about, Demon, I believe they are referring to the legacy speeder level, anyone who's bought at least legacy speeder one (i think) can use it, it was an unintended issue.
Lin Jein

Gokan
10.30.2013 , 12:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wardjp View Post
It's not the 55 speeder level that they're talking about, Demon, I believe they are referring to the legacy speeder level, anyone who's bought at least legacy speeder one (i think) can use it, it was an unintended issue.
Actually they are saying that it currently only works with piloting 3 and not 1 and 2 like intended. Buying piloting from the Legacy menu just lets you have the skills at a lower level than normal. The skills themselves are exactly the same as what you get through regular methods. Hopefully they will try to fix it quickly, since a lot of people are complaining with how long it took to get the speeder in the first place.

orpheus
10.30.2013 , 12:24 AM | #20
my level 25 gunslinger with piloting II cannot use it, but my 52 scoundrel with piloting II can use it.

Bugged speeder is bugged