Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

Gloomycakes
10.30.2013 , 12:07 PM | #21
Hardmode EV is too easy. All tactics more or less involve either 1 person (maybe 2 if you consider the puzzle complicated) knowing the tactics, that one person generally has to be the tank or at least someone with taunt due to SoA. That and needing 1 tank, this one will stay people's favourite.

In Hardmode KP it's considered best to do the puzzle on the robot, which is believed to require 2 or 3 people. How-ever in reality due to the geargap between what we have (69/72/78) and what it's made for (Columi) you 1. Don't need 2 Tanks for Jarg and Sorno. 2. Don't need to do the puzzle to beat enrage. 3. Don't need to tank-swap on the droid to survive. People will how-ever always believe they need 2 tanks and need to do the puzzle, making them turn to EV if possible.

Hardmode EC, how-ever, is a complete different story. It can still wipe level 55s on the first boss (and all bosses after) if mechanics are ignored by a few people. EC, I'm officially in love with you.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few." ~Cheshire

thomasbaxter
10.30.2013 , 01:10 PM | #22
Glad they fixed this took out any sort of fun out of this Op which I sitll think is the best. People may not know thsi was a dual exploit as if you skip Gharj, no mobs spawn at the pylon puzzle.

chuixupu
10.30.2013 , 02:07 PM | #23
I'm kind of glad it was fixed, too. I never even knew it was skippable until a couple of months ago. So you could save like, 5 min (or less, if people keep dying in the lava) for those just wanting the Classic Ops coms, but the lame part is if there was someone that actually wanted to do it the real way there was always some person whining about it and running ahead of everyone anyway.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

jedimasterjac
10.30.2013 , 02:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohgain View Post
It did bug the puzzle boss. You would get no adds on it if you skipped Gharj.
Sorry. What I meant was, he thought fighting gharj bugged it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

TACeMossie
10.30.2013 , 05:17 PM | #25
Another thing I found out:
You can't go All Left on the Puzzle boss anymore in HM or NiM. We had to actually get a solver out after people went all left and we hit the time limit the first 2 times.

(And by solver I mean I got the order for it and figured it out myself)

Gardimuer
10.30.2013 , 06:07 PM | #26
Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining and saying that players who did the skip were bad.

My guild does EV HM once a week, so it was nice to shave 4 unnecessary minutes off the boring and unchallenging repetition. We all did it for the weekly Ultimate comms, which are far more useful and more relevant than the outdated gear drops. Players who need gear drops should just do some lvl 55 flashpoints to get them faster and more reliably.

Primesghost
10.30.2013 , 09:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gardimuer View Post
Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining and saying that players who did the skip were bad.

My guild does EV HM once a week, so it was nice to shave 4 unnecessary minutes off the boring and unchallenging repetition. We all did it for the weekly Ultimate comms, which are far more useful and more relevant than the outdated gear drops. Players who need gear drops should just do some lvl 55 flashpoints to get them faster and more reliably.
This right here. Read through the whole thread and was wondering why there was so much hate. They recently added the ability to shorten the QT timer in-game and this only serves to speed up monotonous run backs. I guess everyone in this thread can agree that the only people that use this feature are bad players.

slafko
10.31.2013 , 01:50 AM | #28
I see no reason for an operation boss to be skippable, even if it's an old operation. As for gear drops and the lack of challenge, take your lvl 50 guildies and get them some gear. Hell, make everyone do it on their lvl 50 alts if you want a bit more challenge.

AngusFTW
10.31.2013 , 09:52 AM | #29
I did this with a pug skipped the boss and it seemed more hassle then it was worth we had a guy die in the acid and another guy faffing about to rez.. i think honestly we'd have been quicker just killing the boss.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

ArchangelLBC
11.01.2013 , 01:26 AM | #30
What I don't get is who cares if people skip Gharj, a Boss who you damage so quick that he frenzies as soon as you get to the next platform, in an old op that people are literally only doing for the ultimate comms from the classic ops weekly, yet they can't take the time to address issues in level 55 ops that actually matter.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd