Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

TACeMossie
10.29.2013 , 02:35 AM | #1
Source: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Just wondering what people think of this change.

Will the extra forced bossfight get more people to do KP?
Will people ignore Eternity Vault for the rest of eternity?
Only you can answer this

akabane_k
10.29.2013 , 03:13 AM | #2
i figured ppl avoided kp cause the puzzle fight is annoying to try and coordinate

TACeMossie
10.29.2013 , 03:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
i figured ppl avoided kp cause the puzzle fight is annoying to try and coordinate
Well guess EV will still be the most-done HM Op then for classic weekly, though I thought it was the one that was chosen because it only had 4 necessary bossfights. Guess I was wrong.

Jerba
10.29.2013 , 03:17 AM | #4
Even after the change, I think that EV will remain the most popular ops to do the Classic Operations weekly. A lot of people did not know about this exploit (I believe it only spread across some US servers) but did EV anyway because it is faster than KP, the boss mechanics are a lot easier and you only need one tank.

EC seems to remain the most unpopular map; the few times I see people searching for it, it is usually to earn ACMs and not for the weekly. Especially after they changed the trash groups, I'm sure players are even less inclined to do EC.

Shandellon
10.29.2013 , 03:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Especially after they changed the trash groups, I'm sure players are even less inclined to do EC.
You mean, after they removed like half of trash there used to be? Where's the logic?
Cyntia - Sage Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

slafko
10.29.2013 , 03:51 AM | #6
EC is hell to pug, yes.

Jerba
10.29.2013 , 03:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
You mean, after they removed like half of trash there used to be? Where's the logic?
Yes, they removed some trash, but they also added a mob to at least four trash groups so you can no longer just drive by; now you need to have more stealthers or kill those groups.

Prototypemind
10.29.2013 , 08:50 AM | #8
It's a pretty quick fight. Lot of times we're running it just for the weekly, not really a huge pain to take an extra five minutes to tank and spank him.

sithBracer
10.29.2013 , 09:13 AM | #9
It's still the easiest, fastest and one of the more fun ones so I assume people will still do this one a lot.

As for EC, they should just make it a 55 already. It's already harder than most 55s (maybe not the new 55 dread hms) and the quick dps of kephess causes him to glitch and wipe the group.

Also I'm surprised they took the time to fix this but ignore the double power stacking relic glitch in PvP.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mkaela - assassin in the shadows

Justcae
10.29.2013 , 09:38 AM | #10
It was laughable that people were skipping him.

He was a 5 minutes fight on level. He's half that or less @ 55. Glad they fixed it so people can stop actively being terrible in atleast one aspect of the game.