Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SA Relics getting fixed next patch

paowee
10.29.2013 , 12:01 AM | #1
I don't know if this is widely known already but BW posted on reddit that the double SA fix is coming really soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by K0h4ku BioWare
The fix is slated for the next patch.

Source
No longer forced to spec into self-heal talent for Snipers/Slingers? Anni/Watchmen, Madness/Balance should remain unaffected because they're not forced into their self-healing talents anyways. I think it's still a good relic combination though even without the healing bug.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Shandellon
10.29.2013 , 03:56 AM | #2
Well, it doesnt say if the fix is about
a) heal and dps procs on seperate cooldowns
b) two relics cliping
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

paowee
10.29.2013 , 10:50 AM | #3
Quote:
Gordon13 - Drgordon | Chosen | Prophecy of the Five 1 hour ago

Why would it still work if they are saying they're fixing them? The relic stacking was the bigger problem IMO.
permalinkparentreportgive goldreply
paoweeotter 14 minutes ago*

Because Double SA relics work (at the moment) in 2 ways.

1. Without a self-heal talent, it works the way one would think it would from reading the tooltip. One relic will proc a power buff (from your damage abilities once every 20 seconds). The other one will do the same.
2. With a self-heal talent you get an "extra" power surge buff within those 20 seconds.

The 2.4 video i made showing both in action.
  • Without a self heal talent you see 2 Power Surge buffs proc at 0:09. You don't see them again until 0:29 seconds.
  • With a self heal talent you see 2 Power Surge buffs proc at 0:10, and then you get an extra proc at 0:15.

EDIT: Well apparently BW stated that even 2 SA relics are not intended? According to this guy
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

NogueiraA
10.29.2013 , 01:18 PM | #4
Simple easy and very fast way to fix it: static stats like the old Battlemaster/War Hero relic.
English is my 3rd language, sorry for mistakes.
Beta tester, Shadowlands - 16 lvl55 toons.

Projawa
10.29.2013 , 02:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Simple easy and very fast way to fix it: static stats like the old Battlemaster/War Hero relic.
Indeed. Incidentally I parse higher on both the dummy and in live ops with EWH BA as one of my relics compared with Underworld BA/SA equivalents.