Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR better than WoW?

Drake_Hound
10.28.2013 , 02:51 PM | #11
If WoW had SWTOR graphics and wotlk tree and gameplay again . Then I would be playing wow .

even If I am tired of fantasy , but SWTOR keep me hooked .
It is a bit unfair asking on the SWTOR site , but seriously if you value endgame , smoother gameplay and tested envoirement in a fantasy setting , then wow .

But there isn't much SCi Fi setting at all , especially polished Sci Fi setting .
While tons of Fantasy settings . So even with the flaws , Swtor has it .

Englefield
10.28.2013 , 03:24 PM | #12
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so no one can choose for you.

There was a time in wow when no game could touch it (for me personally) including TOR now. I loved the setting, the gameplay, the music, the classes. Everything. Now though I can no longer be bothered with the endgame raid headbanging. I just want to be entertained and TORs story driven class content is perfect for the type of player I have become.

Personal opinion: WoW is a better MMO, TOR is a great RPG with some multiplayer content and I love it.

Cyberwoman
10.28.2013 , 04:01 PM | #13
I play both, and they each have there strengths and weakness. I think SWTOR wins for me, mostly because of the level of storytelling and immersion. The lore in WoW is good, but very rarely dose the game ever do it justice, and never do they provide a real level of immersion with the world of Azeroth or the player character.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

chuixupu
10.28.2013 , 04:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
I play both, and they each have there strengths and weakness. I think SWTOR wins for me, mostly because of the level of storytelling and immersion. The lore in WoW is good, but very rarely dose the game ever do it justice, and never do they provide a real level of immersion with the world of Azeroth or the player character.
Mostly this.

I really don't think one is better or worse, but each game does something a little better than the other. WoW has had nearly a decade of time for polish and lots of money to add new features. On the other hand, it's a very old game and it's showing its age.

The reason why I don't play WoW much anymore is just because I've become tired of it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

theUndead
10.28.2013 , 04:11 PM | #15
Currently playing both. See I quit WoW back after BC released. So recently I picked it up again after a friend send me a referral. We started new characters and were given a 200% xp boost so that made leveling easier. Currently almost 75. Anyway what I enjoy is the variety of dungeons I mean you pretty much always have a chance to get a different one as well as flying mounts.

Now in TOR, the actual landscape is gorgeous and the inclusion of the voice acting as well as stories really make TOR shine. Also endgame in TOR seems to be relatively easier than WoW because endgame is what I'm about. But if I can end my post with one note that is a glaring issue with TOR. It is the fact that the game has no other additional activities such as fishing and no actual areas for role players which I think is important. But anyway I enjoy both currently.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

JPryde
10.28.2013 , 04:27 PM | #16
Wow did not entertain me.
SWToR does entertain me.
Thus, SWTOR is better than WoW!

(see, exactly three sentences)
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Stradlin
10.31.2013 , 06:28 AM | #17
I am incredibly tired of WoW and I'd be happy if I never had to touch it again.

Yet, if we get all boring and objective, I could never call TORa better game. World design, end game PvE in WoW are vastly superior to sterile equivalents TOR has.

When you are leveling archeology as a druid, flying around in bird form, free as a bird if ye will,, WoW very much feels like an open sanbox game when compared to fragmented tunneled instanced piece of shït world of TOR.

If TOR's WZs weren't such a fun way to lvl through means of casual PvP, there is no way I'd stick around, F2P or not. This particular niche is the one thing TOR does better than anyone else on the market.

MajikMyst
10.31.2013 , 08:18 AM | #18
I played WOW for about 5 and a half years.. From shortly before Burning Crusade was released to just after Cataclysm..

In many ways I would like to put SWTOR and WOW in a mixing bowl and mix them.. I would like WOW, just with Star Wars...

This things I miss about WOW I would love to be added to this game..

In game calendar..

Tons and tons of events and holidays.. They don't have to be the traditional Halloween or Christmas.. But still it would be nice to have some themed quests, decorations on the fleet and some of the other camps and cities.. Maybe a traveling festival with their own quests and activities.. I would like a womp rat hunting contest on Tatooine..

We need tons of rare spawns, and secret bosses that we have to perform certain things to unlock..

In the end, just over all more to do... Make the Gree event truly reoccurring.. It would be nice to know when that will be going on again.. Have the bounty thing happen more than one week a month..

Oh and put a little less effort into the content of the Cartel Market.. Perhaps if they spend more time on the stuff above, they won't need the Cartel Market.. Not that I think they will ever get rid of it.. But they will certainly boost their subscriptions..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

VitalityPrime
10.31.2013 , 09:21 AM | #19
I tried WoW out once...and that ended quickly.

In my opinion...WoW is probably one of the worst MMO's I have ever played...taking everything that I look for in a MMO into consideration.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Icebergy
10.31.2013 , 10:08 AM | #20
It requires three letters, not three sentences: Yes.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant