Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR better than WoW?

Mirab
02.07.2014 , 01:36 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
Cataclysm was truly cataclysmic. many of the stories you remember (and a lot of those stories I STILL remember)... no longer exist in game. they changed content for lvl 1 through 60 so much its just... sad. you may enjoy the changes. you may not. different people had different experiences. for me, personally ... most of the Cata stories just didn't work. though I'm trying to give them another chance by playing through all the starting areas that I skipped on a trial account. its... slow going :P
Yes, Cata was that. For me atleast and MoP nailed the coffin for me.
First slap in the beginning was having to switch my hard earned chest to a green one on my first quest in Vashir or even worse on an aircraft before I even set my feet on Pandarian ground - and second was Twilight Highland : I finished off Loremaster title (remaining 22 quests) in 2 hours and 10 mins and that included helping a group to down those arena bosses there.
Rinse and repeat that on MoP. (There wasn't even an areena to prolong it .

= What I like about SWToR is the possibility to create challenges by soloing or 2 manning heroic areas of HC FP's, that doesn't really exist in WoW anymore.
Yes, WoW is smooth, yes there are lots of activities for players, but somehow, for me at least it lacks challenge.
And if I'd written this on a WoW froum I would've gotten at least five replies stating " you haven't done HC raids' you can't say anything about challenge in this game". Because that's where the challenge is: it's reserved for the 2-3 % of playerbase that ever sees it.

So SwTor > WoW and I'm afraid you have to decide for yourself. Good luck in whatever you choose
"Patience?
This is the Internet we're talking on.
The Internet is for ADHD weasels on crack during a sugar rush."

Foxtrotmikelima
02.07.2014 , 07:13 PM | #112
Lets be honest. SWTORs driving factor that pulled gamers in in the first place is gone. Story Telling. That was something that was promised long after launch. And what we've received in later updates/expansions are no where near that.

WoW is a decade old now. And its still releasing Dedicated Expansions. That tells you something. That with Blizzard. Even as it begins to lose millions of Subs. Its still going to bring content to its playerbase without making the excuse that they 'cant spend that kind of money' anymore. Quite simply. Blizzard doesnt make it a habit to make promises it cant keep. And when they do. They do their best to make up for it.

People can hate on WoW all they want. But Blizzard isnt the bad guys here. EA is.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi