Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR better than WoW?

Spreadpanic
10.28.2013 , 02:37 PM | #1
I'm sure that at least 75% of you have played both. Which is better in 3 sentences or less? I'm playing both currently but considering dropping one of the subs and can't decide.

CosmicKat
10.28.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2
WoW is a plague on all mankind, so... yes TOR is better, but then, so is sticking forks in your eyes.

Spreadpanic
10.28.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
WoW is a plague on all mankind, so... yes TOR is better, but then, so is sticking forks in your eyes.
Why? Each has its own advantages, but I only have time for one and can't decide. This is not a troll, by the way, just looking for outside opinion.

Vandicus
10.28.2013 , 02:43 PM | #4
Better is always a personal choice.

What are your favorite reasons for playing either MMO? We might be able to help you make a pros cons list from that.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Selenial
10.28.2013 , 02:43 PM | #5
SWTOR. Every new thing they bring out that's not Cartel Market is interesting, got a story, voice overs and Fun. The Operations are semi-Decent, but Wow is just a full out grind with some decent ops.

You can replay the same class like 4 times and love it.

Wow Sucks.

3 lines, if you merge the second into the 3rd, there ya go
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Andryah
10.28.2013 , 02:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
so is sticking forks in your eyes.
Speaking from experience?

OP.. there is no "better". They are different games, different lore, different entertainment drivers.

Personally I much more enjoy SWTOR then I did my last year or two of WoW. Then again.. I'm tired of orcs, trolls, elves, and humans that run around like someone shoved a stick up their poop shoot.
SWTOR... the MMO some people LOVE to HATE, others HATE to LOVE, and others simply embrace it and play it for what it is.

Alphasgimaone
10.28.2013 , 02:44 PM | #7
If you like both equally, then perhaps the deciding factor might be that SWTOR isn't wizards and elves? I've never played WoW myself, non the less I'm still plenty sick of wizards and elves.
SWTOR PvP: now running on the Ellipsis engine.

branmakmuffin
10.28.2013 , 02:45 PM | #8
Yes, or I would be playing WoW.

Bojangle
10.28.2013 , 02:45 PM | #9
Depends on what you are looking for. Those are the only 2 games I sub to.

I play mmo's for the end game raiding. ToR imo had a decent one but simply way to short and too easy to clear the hardest level. I stopped raiding on HM EC as then it was the final one for that loooong stretch. Cleared it in a matter of a few weeks and the guild decided to move to a new game.

So for me WoW > ToR in that aspect.

As far as everything else I like them both equally except for me ToR > WoW in leveling as I really enjoy the story and questing in ToR and loved making alts.

The majority of my time does go to WoW though because since I raid then I put a lot more time into my character. ToR I will play casually for fun now on the weekends here and there.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Ren_simp
10.28.2013 , 02:51 PM | #10
Both are good my reasons to be here is I'm over the elf Orc fantasy thing
But I will say wow devs used to treat the game as a labour of love not sure about now with activision in control
And I don't get that from bioware they seem more Market driven And to reluctant to take pride in their work