Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdrianDmitruk
10.31.2013 , 06:23 AM | #101
Also this is not strictly related to class balancing but because I know Eric Musco is reading this thread, it needs to be said:

Return the ability to queue ranked but still accept a normal pop please.

Otherwise on PVE or RP servers there's no point in bothering to queue ranked as you can have an undefined/infinite queue time, even when you could get a normal pop within 5 minutes. The infinite wait discourages ranked queue and thus feeds a cycle of more people not queuing. This is why ranked fails even as you reduce the barrier to entry from 8 man team to 4 man or even solo.

Yes even though sorc is far from optimal for arenas and I can't viably heal in pure corruption spec (I feel forced to hybrid for survivability) I still would appreciate the challenge of solo vs. solo queue ranked, only on my server it never pops.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

selieth
10.31.2013 , 10:42 AM | #102
Electrocute back to a 30 meter range, it makes no sense for other ranged classes to have stuns out to 30 meters and Sorc's not. Give us back the ability to insta-cast whirlwind, there are just too many roots and snares for other classes to use against us to keep us from being able to move away and break combat.

I also believe it would be helpful if force run would give you a short bit of immunity from roots and snares as well as break them. Again, too many of the classes have so many roots, snares and stuns.

As far as damage output, it is way too easy to completely shut down a lightening Sorc. We already have no damage mitigation to speak of and if we also have no burst damage. As it is, lightening Sorc's are just not useful. I believe there are some great suggestions in this thread already without going back into them. And many of them would not make the class overpowered.

All in all some small changes to abilities and small tweaks to a few things might just bring Sorc's in line with some of the other classes.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.

SEANeD
10.31.2013 , 11:24 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I'll just suggest one thing: CONSUMPTION OFF OF GCD.
This and it's a bare minimum
Seaney 55 Sorc Pot5
HAKUNA MATATA

Proud Disciple of Gogo'blixx

colemanron
10.31.2013 , 01:54 PM | #104
1. Make rootbreak/movement impairing effect immuniy baseline for Force Speed. Change Fadeout to give a 50/100% chance to make user immune to all kinds of cc for it's duration.

2. Make root on Overload baseline. Change Electric Bindings to make Overload's effect 180/360 degree.

3. Take Unnatural Preservation off the GCD.

4. Take Static Barrier off the GCD when casted on self.

5. Make Subversion additionally grant pushback reduction to Crushing Darkness.

6. Make Lightning Spire additionally increase the maximum range of Affliction by 5 meters.

7. Change Polarity Shift to additionally make the user immune to spell pushback for it's duration.

8. Change Recklessness to give the user 100% critical chance instead of 60%.

9. Fix Forceweaver talent, so the granted alacrity also grants the force regeneration it's supposed to.

The above are merely QoL improvements off the top of my head, the class possibly could use a lot more and bigger changes too. I may post some of my other ideas later, but I feel some or all of the mentioned changes are necessery to make the class more competitive in the current game environment, without touching any base class mechanics.

Bodda
11.01.2013 , 06:27 AM | #105
I would like to see some sort of damage stance like Lightning Shroud that does like x% more damage on all spell, less push back and removes the ability to use any of the heals(except for self heal and shield). I mostly play PvE lightning dps and I feel like our class fall far behind classes like Snipers and Marauders in dps and raid utility like Bloodthirst and Ballistic Shield.

I also think that Polarity Shift should be raid wide maybe at a lower % for the rest of the group and take the self heal off gcd.

verfallen
11.01.2013 , 02:29 PM | #106
Ow and fix Deathmark so that only the sorc that casted it get its dot ticking it down. Right now as lightning I'm harming madness dps by having my weaker dot steal them off. Boost my DPS a bit, really harm madness' and overall less combined DPS.

SitHamster
11.01.2013 , 04:39 PM | #107
i'd like to see you being creative on a few new powers using the lightsaber with the Force.i just feel dumb with a saber i never use, always busy i am between heal casts and lightning bolts.
y not something like a defensive sort where your weapon Force-gravitates around you to intercept damages? (Kreia was able to control three blades against the Exiled)

AdmiralParmesan
11.01.2013 , 09:28 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Ow and fix Deathmark so that only the sorc that casted it get its dot ticking it down. Right now as lightning I'm harming madness dps by having my weaker dot steal them off. Boost my DPS a bit, really harm madness' and overall less combined DPS.
This should really just be fixed in general. It has been like this since the game started
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

AdmiralParmesan
11.01.2013 , 09:32 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by SitHamster View Post
i'd like to see you being creative on a few new powers using the lightsaber with the Force.i just feel dumb with a saber i never use, always busy i am between heal casts and lightning bolts.
y not something like a defensive sort where your weapon Force-gravitates around you to intercept damages? (Kreia was able to control three blades against the Exiled)
I mentioned this earlier as well. There is a lot of potential for our melee attacks to have some cool functionality. They certainly don't even need to be optimal in order to be useful
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

LordArtemis
11.02.2013 , 12:31 PM | #110
Sorcs need a resource building attack, both AoE and single target...a health leech IMO. I also think that the Overload changes (cone from 360) was good for PVP but bad for everything else in the game.

I think it would be best to return Overload to its former function, disable it for PVP and create a PVP only ability with Overloads current function.