Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR Warzones


Badieh's Avatar


Badieh
10.26.2013 , 12:52 AM | #1
I LOVE THEM!

I know many of you might have issues while playing pvp, some matches aren't fair with the team distribution, but in my opinion, if we just look at the warzones objectives, they are by far the best I've seen. Unlike other games, these warzones offers a lot of diversity in strategy and tactics. I've played WoW, RIFT, GW2, and imo none of them are as good as SWTOR. The beauty of SWTOR is that it relies on tactics instead of dumb zerging. I hate zergfest. Moreover, if all of the objectives were the same, such as capturing areas, it would turn into boring matches very quickly. Take GW2 for example, all of the warzones can be won by zerging nodes and capturing them, leaving little for tactics. RIFT and WoW had good warzones diversity, but it had those 20-40 man warzones that were zergfests, not to mention healers there were like raidbosses. In SWTOR if healers aren't guarded, they die fast.

In conclusion, the only game that I truly enjoy the warzones in, and they don't make me feel like I'm grinding my butt off, it's SWTOR. Cheers!

~Azraeel

TheFXedits's Avatar


TheFXedits
10.26.2013 , 01:58 AM | #2
ahh but i love me some Alterac Vallay once i got use to it that is
Wdhs - 55 Operative
The Bastion

Warlord_Maliken's Avatar


Warlord_Maliken
10.26.2013 , 02:23 AM | #3
The MMO industry is borderline monopolized in my eyes. I've played a ton of them, and literally only enjoy WoW and SWTOR. I am a hardcore PvP'er, and sometimes do raids/operations on the side. That being said, yeah I love all of SWTOR's Warzones except for Civil War, but I think that's a little bias because I hate snow in real life. Anyway, I like the warzones where I can do a lot of FIGHTING and not a lot of RUNNING around looking for enemies (civil war). I also hate the idea of guarding a node and not getting any action.

I'd also like to mention that my WARZONE QUEUES seem to put me in Hypergate like all the time.... It doesn't seem random, but moreso a skewed % to get certain WZ's.. For instance, I almost never get to play my favorite warzone Huttball. Its pretty insane.. its very disappointing to play for like 5 hours and get huttball only once or twice. UUUGH.... I still think you should be able to thumbs down a warzone but that could cause more problems with the queue times since its server only.. Anyway, it seems to go like this for me:
Ancient Hypergate: 30%
Huttball: 5%
Voidstar: 20%
Civil War: 20%
Novare Coast: 23%
Arena: 2%
Makes me really sad. I love arena, especially in lower brackets. Even If my team gets destroyed I don't care lol. its just fun . As I said before, huttball is my favorite warzone. ANyway just wanted to share my random statistics. See you all in PvP!
Maliken - 55 Juggernaut @ Shadowlands Server
A.K.A. The Golden Sasquatch Of Korriban / The Vicious Manbearpig
"Greetings my children..."
Maliken Selfy: http://imgur.com/1Drc5BE
Young Maliken Selfy: http://imgur.com/StV2Pyb

DarrelK's Avatar


DarrelK
10.26.2013 , 02:52 AM | #4
Just remove Hypergate and all other maps are cool.
Voidstar ftw.

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
10.26.2013 , 03:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrelK View Post
Just remove Hypergate and all other maps are cool.
Voidstar ftw.
And put Arenas in their own Q, so players can CHOOSE to do 8v8 or 4v4.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

DarrelK's Avatar


DarrelK
10.26.2013 , 03:25 AM | #6
Yeah, arenas are too rare. And I want to grind easy commedations and dailies with arenas, so.. yeah.

Arena 24/7, heck yeah!

Twin's Avatar


Twin
10.26.2013 , 03:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
The MMO industry is borderline monopolized in my eyes. I've played a ton of them, and literally only enjoy WoW and SWTOR. I am a hardcore PvP'er, and sometimes do raids/operations on the side. That being said, yeah I love all of SWTOR's Warzones except for Civil War, but I think that's a little bias because I hate snow in real life. Anyway, I like the warzones where I can do a lot of FIGHTING and not a lot of RUNNING around looking for enemies (civil war). I also hate the idea of guarding a node and not getting any action.

I'd also like to mention that my WARZONE QUEUES seem to put me in Hypergate like all the time.... It doesn't seem random, but moreso a skewed % to get certain WZ's.. For instance, I almost never get to play my favorite warzone Huttball. Its pretty insane.. its very disappointing to play for like 5 hours and get huttball only once or twice. UUUGH.... I still think you should be able to thumbs down a warzone but that could cause more problems with the queue times since its server only.. Anyway, it seems to go like this for me:
Ancient Hypergate: 30%
Huttball: 5%
Voidstar: 20%
Civil War: 20%
Novare Coast: 23%
Arena: 2%
Makes me really sad. I love arena, especially in lower brackets. Even If my team gets destroyed I don't care lol. its just fun . As I said before, huttball is my favorite warzone. ANyway just wanted to share my random statistics. See you all in PvP!
Yeah, overall i think it would look something like that for me as well. Though it's not that evenly distributed over any seperate session. More often then not 1 or 2 warzones are "trending" for me, but those 1-2 varies from night to night, though just like your estimate shows, Hypergates seems to be trending more often then the others.

And huttball...Yeah, i hardly ever see it and maybe 25% of the times i do get it - its as backfiller to a losing match.

I have mentioned this before in other threads, but: In the early stages of SWTOR many were complaining about huttball popping ALL the time. I think that was partially because Huttball was the only WZ where faction could face faction, and faction imbalance helped huttball pop more the the others. This I remember as a fact.

However, here comes the question i really would like confirmation and an answer to:
-I am allmost 100% sure that around the same time, i read a dev-statement or a patchnote that stated that "The chance for Huttball in the map rotation cycle has been lowered and will not show up as frequently" or something simular.
I would like to know 3 things:

1. Is this correct or did i completly misunderstand some statement?

2. Where is that patchnote or statement? Im not sure where to begin looking for it...so if anyone has any idea please provide a link if at all possible.

3. IF the chance for Huttball to pop was in fact lowered - was it ever raised back to normal % once all Warzones were made available for Faction vs Same Faction? Because if not, that would mean that Huttball still has a lesser chance to pop, right?

That said, even if im completly off and have dreamt this entire statement, it's still a fact that there is a huge issue with warzone map rotation. Allmost everyone i have spoken to has 1 map they dislike over all others to the point where they dont find it entertaining at all.
And since we allready have the option to quit at will - why not simply save the team being a man short for a period of time and let us exclude 1 warzone from the rotation? That would go a long way imo.

Otherwise i think the very least they should do is rework the system so that when you leave a match, the next one that pops can never be the same map. Could be a "Hypergates Deserter" debuff that stays for say 1h but goes away if you enter another warzone.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Badieh's Avatar


Badieh
10.26.2013 , 03:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
The MMO industry is borderline monopolized in my eyes. I've played a ton of them, and literally only enjoy WoW and SWTOR. I am a hardcore PvP'er, and sometimes do raids/operations on the side. That being said, yeah I love all of SWTOR's Warzones except for Civil War, but I think that's a little bias because I hate snow in real life. Anyway, I like the warzones where I can do a lot of FIGHTING and not a lot of RUNNING around looking for enemies (civil war). I also hate the idea of guarding a node and not getting any action.

I'd also like to mention that my WARZONE QUEUES seem to put me in Hypergate like all the time.... It doesn't seem random, but moreso a skewed % to get certain WZ's.. For instance, I almost never get to play my favorite warzone Huttball. Its pretty insane.. its very disappointing to play for like 5 hours and get huttball only once or twice. UUUGH.... I still think you should be able to thumbs down a warzone but that could cause more problems with the queue times since its server only.. Anyway, it seems to go like this for me:
Ancient Hypergate: 30%
Huttball: 5%
Voidstar: 20%
Civil War: 20%
Novare Coast: 23%
Arena: 2%
Makes me really sad. I love arena, especially in lower brackets. Even If my team gets destroyed I don't care lol. its just fun . As I said before, huttball is my favorite warzone. ANyway just wanted to share my random statistics. See you all in PvP!
Two days ago I had 5 consecutive hutt-ball matches. Twice against republic. I personally like some diversity. But If I were to choose my least favorite of the warzones, is Ancient Hypergate. Although the more I get used to it, the better it gets . What I like about Arena is that it is a quick match with the challenge of trying to survive with what you have.


EDIT to add: I remember quite well when we used to have tons of hutt-ball matches because we couldn't fight our own faction in other warzones. Maybe what the devs meant back then, that this could lead to an overall decrease in hutt-ball because we now have a larger warzones rotation to go through. I'm just stating this because I'm currently seeing a lot of huttball matches, but just a coincidence I guess.

Twin's Avatar


Twin
10.26.2013 , 05:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Badieh View Post
Two days ago I had 5 consecutive hutt-ball matches. Twice against republic. I personally like some diversity. But If I were to choose my least favorite of the warzones, is Ancient Hypergate. Although the more I get used to it, the better it gets . What I like about Arena is that it is a quick match with the challenge of trying to survive with what you have.


EDIT to add: I remember quite well when we used to have tons of hutt-ball matches because we couldn't fight our own faction in other warzones. Maybe what the devs meant back then, that this could lead to an overall decrease in hutt-ball because we now have a larger warzones rotation to go through. I'm just stating this because I'm currently seeing a lot of huttball matches, but just a coincidence I guess.
Yeah, i have had multiple Huttballs during 1 session as well - but that is indeed a rare occurrence. And yeah, surely it could be the random factor playing it's tricks. But i would find that a bit odd, since all i do in game is PvP and mostly warzones maybe 3-4h allmost every night. And during one week i can usually count the number of huttballs on 2 hands, while the others are likely twice that number.

So if Huttball really has an equal chance to pop, the random factor has played me for quite some time now....

A usual night for me looks something like this:
1. Novare Coast
2. Hypergates (Instant Quit)
3. Hypergates (Backfill for the spot i just left)
4. Voidstar
5. Novare Coast
6. Novare Coast
7. Civil War
8. Voidstar
9. Hypergates (Instant Quit)
10. Huttball
11. Civil War
12. Novare Coast

i could switch these warzones around to reflect different sessions, except huttball that constantly remain at 1 or No pops each session -except maybe a few times each week where i get 2 pops and very rarely more.

This is has been the trend for as long as i can remember since they made all warzones available for same faction matches. And i do find it quite odd if the random factor would play me like that.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
10.26.2013 , 05:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
And put Arenas in their own Q, so players can CHOOSE to do 8v8 or 4v4.
People need to find out what server this guy is on so that every time he gets a warzone his entire team quits so that he can never play a warzone again. Maybe then he will eventually quit playing a game he clearly dislikes and stop whining about arenas in the forums even though we can pretty much all guarantee he probably deathmatches in warzones anyways.