Solo ranked queue - Afk/team quitters

PloGreen

Simple request. Done my share of team ranked but sometimes i like to do solo ranked games, with random people. Simply put I have been in a couple of games where players decide to afk or quit the team for whatever reason they desire, throwing the game. This is not always because we lose before anyone jumps up and down, this has happened to me when i was winning on multiple occasions - the same players doing this on multiple teams both in our random and often the opposition - giving us an easy win. It's poor play, and it should be discouraged.

The people that do this sort of thing should (in my opinion) be punished - not in terms of a deserter penalty, they should actually lose ranked comms. I don't mean not gain any in that round I mean lose an amount they have earned previously. This sort of thing hurts other players. I don't mind losing but not because of some afking simpleton we end up having to kick. Those people not gaining comms that round is not enough, because they effectively lost you the game and personal rating because they think its ok to join an arena - afk at the start or afk behind a pillar etc.

Of course there may well be legitimate reasons people afk but I look at it like this - your screwing other people when you do it and there are persistent offenders that do this, arenas are short games. The only concern would be that the kick mechanic could be abused to make me people lose comms, but as it stands now I think the game should implement some kind of penalty for this type of thing - it's annoying and it's bad form.

Edited by PloGreen

Punishment, there should be. As harsh as possible. The reason for quitting/afk-ing doesn't matter.

Take all warzone/ranked warzone comms that the quitter has, or traumatize him with -10% of all stats or something. As harsh as possible.

Yes , lets punish the few people that do ranked and Dwindle the PVP base even more.

Lose connection during a ranked match , NP! Minus 90 coms ...

A simple 30 min lock out would be punishment enough, Anything beyond that and enjoy your 40m que times.

Yes , lets punish the few people that do ranked and Dwindle the PVP base even more.

Lose connection during a ranked match , NP! Minus 90 coms ...

A simple 30 min lock out would be punishment enough, Anything beyond that and enjoy your 40m que times.

People who persistently afk/quit from a ranked game should be penalized. As for 40 m queue times? I think you are somewhat going a bit ott with that estimation, they pop every 4 mins or so on my server. Its not like an epidemic of people doing this is it? Its a handful but they are still doing it, and it still hurts their team mates. If they have genuine connection problems then maybe they should ring their isp? From what i've seen though they just quit back to the fleet and requeue and do it to the next team - so i don't buy it, sorry.

Already 30+ Que times on my server and Sw-ToR is the only game that drops conn randomly for me.

I agree 100% there should be a penalty, but with so few PVPers on servers as it is ..... Gonna be hard to find a Justified solution other then a lock out.

Already 30+ Que times on my server and Sw-ToR is the only game that drops conn randomly for me.

I agree 100% there should be a penalty, but with so few PVPers on servers as it is ..... Gonna be hard to find a Justified solution other then a lock out.

That's harsh mate ul. What server are you on?

I do think there should be a penalty for doing it though. A lockout might work. I'd just prefer them to pay for being cheesy and dumping on their team-mates - nothing hurts them more than comm reduction. But I guess you have a point.

Here it goes again...... Trying to discuss how to punish afkers and quitters in solo ranked arena. When there is a cockroach in your house, do you guys burn your own house down to kill that annoying cockroach? Because you guys sound like you are more than willing to do that. Do you blow up an entire city to incinerate a few petty criminals that robbed your wallet?

Afkers and quitters deserve to be punished. But seriously 30min - 40min lockout? You guys are insane. How much money do you pay to your ISP monthly? 200$ ? 300$? Can't you think of anyone but yourselves? Your connection might be stable enough to play days without a single lag spike. That doesn't mean others are as privileged as you guys are too. If you don't wanna get queued with quitters then form a group and play ranked group matches. At least your friends won't dare run out on you.

Here it goes again...... Trying to discuss how to punish afkers and quitters in solo ranked arena. When there is a cockroach in your house, do you guys burn your own house down to kill that annoying cockroach? Because you guys sound like you are more than willing to do that. Do you blow up an entire city to incinerate a few petty criminals that robbed your wallet?

Afkers and quitters deserve to be punished. But seriously 30min - 40min lockout? You guys are insane. How much money do you pay to your ISP monthly? 200$ ? 300$? Can't you think of anyone but yourselves? Your connection might be stable enough to play days without a single lag spike. That doesn't mean others are as privileged as you guys are too. If you don't wanna get queued with quitters then form a group and play ranked group matches. At least your friends won't dare run out on you.

You got a point there . . . thumps up

Yeah, connection is a problem (recent) for me. Each time I log in, I get a dc after a few minutes. Always. And that's not the only dc...

So just a deserter debuff, nothing more, nothing less.

Here it goes again...... Trying to discuss how to punish afkers and quitters in solo ranked arena. When there is a cockroach in your house, do you guys burn your own house down to kill that annoying cockroach?

Funny you use that analogy. As it stands we're all being punished by a single cockroach. Burning down the apartment as you put it.

What we want is for the single cockroach to squished with some sort of punishment. Preferably one that will eliminate it from the community so it's actions quit burning down the apartment for the rest of us.

Personally I wouldn't feel so strongly but there are people in here who have vocally stated that they object to arenas so much they deliberately throw the game to end it as soon as possible (although more in terms of non-ranked).

Considering that unless some stealther *** tries to run out the clock in a hide and seek game, a full arena set only takes 5 mins or so.

I've really had to pee going into an arena but just hold it knowing the match will be so short. And unless my house is on fire, texts, calls, spouses, and just about anything else can wait that long.

Unless people keep quiting the match in the spawn zone an average arena lasts roughly as long as a prime time commercial break.

Suck it up, bust out 4-5 mins of play and quit yer ************.

Funny you use that analogy. As it stands we're all being punished by a single cockroach. Burning down the apartment as you put it.

What we want is for the single cockroach to squished with some sort of punishment. Preferably one that will eliminate it from the community so it's actions quit burning down the apartment for the rest of us.

Personally I wouldn't feel so strongly but there are people in here who have vocally stated that they object to arenas so much they deliberately throw the game to end it as soon as possible (although more in terms of non-ranked).

Considering that unless some stealther *** tries to run out the clock in a hide and seek game, a full arena set only takes 5 mins or so.

I've really had to pee going into an arena but just hold it knowing the match will be so short. And unless my house is on fire, texts, calls, spouses, and just about anything else can wait that long.

Unless people keep quiting the match in the spawn zone an average arena lasts roughly as long as a prime time commercial break.

Suck it up, bust out 4-5 mins of play and quit yer ************.

Yup kind of said what i was thinking. The guy your replying to is expecting people to be considerate to the type of players who persistently go afk, quits for whatever reason. Its not always a connection issue - and if it is you know what I would do if it was me? I would ring my bloody isp to sort it out and change if nessecary. Otherwise I wouldn't play - that is being considerate to other players.

I think people need to work out who is being inconsiderate here and get their priorities straight. My connection is 4meg adsl btw, not really privileged is it? and again - sod all to do with the type of players i'm talking about, so it's helpful to read before getting on your soapboxes and crying about Dcs/packet loss etc. No one said 40 min lockout...This isn't about players with terrible connections - though I'm sure they exist, this about afking simpletons or bad sports that do this persistently.

Edited by PloGreen