Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once you marry your companion that's it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Once you marry your companion that's it?

NotDonnaReed
02.24.2012 , 06:45 PM | #121
There definitely needs to be a daily interaction option of some sort. The fact that there isn't basically invalidates everything that came before.

Ashu-ri
02.24.2012 , 08:01 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAldar View Post
I hope they'll add more romance and companions content soon! Like daily quests, or more interaction with your romanced companion..
i also agree with Droidist, they should change what your romanced companion says when you want to talk while questing, exploring etc.. because it's the sames responses as when you meet her/him, like nothing is different.
I agree with this. With my trooper, I even got more love notes from Jorgan than I did with Iresso on my sage. At least Iresso in a class quest acknowledged our relationship.

Rettensberger
02.25.2012 , 03:57 PM | #123
Agree, there should be a bit more interaction with your companion but it must not be a must for the players who dont like it they can skip it or tell to go away.
and i really hope some dialogs will be added extra, and/or options to redo previous conversations to set a relation straight again.

Lunazen
02.25.2012 , 08:56 PM | #124
Holo cut scenes on the ship's holoprojector like a captain's log of past class/companion stories, a change in canned responses after a marriage has taken place, different kinds of interactions/conversations on the ship with married companions, being in casual clothes on the ship, a "hug" option at the end of a long day, etc., etc.... these are all excellent ideas!

Someone who's been involved in the thread should go to the general discussion's "Suggestion Box" with a compilation of them. I started one along a similar vein yesterday. Got zero responses lol. We need to get our wants out there for future updates/expansions
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

Crezelle
02.25.2012 , 11:53 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by NotDonnaReed View Post
There definitely needs to be a daily interaction option of some sort. The fact that there isn't basically invalidates everything that came before.
indeed, casual dates, sneaking cuddle times in, even DA style banter of your other crew member's reaction to your hook ups, would really add to the backstory. i really liked dr. lokin's arc as im a vector fangirl, and it was nice seeing him get a bromance with someone ( even if he was just a gunea pig lol)

hell, i dont even know if im still married to him really
Spoiler

i also play a lot of harvest moon games, which rely heavy on romance sim aspect of every day life on a farm. Just little things would be nice, like having your spouse hang out in your room, more detailed conversations about your character's backstories, maybe a darn hug and whatnot. i don't NEED graphic love scenes, thats what fanartists are for lol ( and my imagination )
different dialogue would be cool too, or even mechanical aspects, like a rage mode if your low health ( tho that would be exploitable)
why does this remind me of all the talks i have with my REAL bf about how i need more affection, and talks, and time together with him -.-;
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

SilentKitty
02.26.2012 , 01:39 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunazen View Post
Holo cut scenes on the ship's holoprojector like a captain's log of past class/companion stories, a change in canned responses after a marriage has taken place, different kinds of interactions/conversations on the ship with married companions, being in casual clothes on the ship, a "hug" option at the end of a long day, etc., etc.... these are all excellent ideas!

Someone who's been involved in the thread should go to the general discussion's "Suggestion Box" with a compilation of them. I started one along a similar vein yesterday. Got zero responses lol. We need to get our wants out there for future updates/expansions

Great idea!!

Of course we need to take this discussion to the "Suggestion Box". I'm heading over to your link right way now =)

Lunazen
02.26.2012 , 01:37 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Great idea!!

Of course we need to take this discussion to the "Suggestion Box". I'm heading over to your link right way now =)
Thanks for posting there!
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

Ratzap
02.26.2012 , 03:23 PM | #128
Hehe, I have no idea how people can stomach bending over backwards to pick the 'right' dialogues so that the likes of mako/vette actually like you. Skadge is the only one my BH has at 10k (though gault and blizz are close) - mako just irritated me.
My warrior alt zapped vette so often at the start she was showing -3 at one point I mean, how to resist: <sass> ZAPPO!

Ratzap

Jedi_Thran_Kuro
02.26.2012 , 03:53 PM | #129
Completely agree. I had even posted a thread of my own in the suggestion box, but, as with yours, no responses. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258033

Oh well, if we paper them with this idea, maybe we'll actually see something come of it. I would be very glad to see that companions continue to have character story relevance even after tha main line of the story has come to a close.
Otherwise, why play a character in a persistent virtual environment?
Coruscanti Aegis - http://coruscantiaegis.guildlaunch.com

Rep Toons: Thran, Ooteenee, Andara, Ati-Tood, Janaara

Imp Toons: Arath, Smurfit, Akanei

Crezelle
02.26.2012 , 04:37 PM | #130
and what about companion on companion dialogue?
i loved dr lokin's arc cause him and my hubby had a bromance going on, even if vector was just a guinea pig for the most part lol.
or the option to sit and chat if your in a cantina, and iuno... buy a round of drinks or food? lol
i know some companions would love it, others maybe not. maybe a weekly outing with the whole crew if you have a high enough social rank.
it would be awesome if your spouse actually, ya know, acted different after you got married and all, after the honeymoon and letters and all that lol
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "