Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once you marry your companion that's it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Once you marry your companion that's it?

gaskull
01.30.2012 , 06:33 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNimbyl View Post
They should add things like after you get married you have kids. For Sith Warriors who married Jaesa like me:

You would then have to pay their tuition and other costs (textbooks) while they attend the Sith Academy. The costs will be heavy so you'll have to grind out a lot of warzones and HM Flashpoints which I'm sure everybody does already (what else is there to do at 50?). Your kids make bad decisions and find themselves in situations that you have to bail them out of through either violence or money. Their reckless behavior frustrates you greatly. You and Jaesa argue constantly over every little thing as a result of the stress. Finally, the both of you get divorced and the Dark Council gives Jaesa custody of the kids, half your assets, possession of your ship, and on top of all this you'll need to pay child support till all your children graduate from the academy. You are then left broke and miserable, doomed to spend the rest of your days in a drunken stupor at the Mos Eisley Cantina.
That's just golden! Made my day!
THE-KĀLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan

gaskull
01.30.2012 , 06:35 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Meira_Arirai View Post
Darth Wedding Planner FTW.

I find your lack of matching aisle runners and chair-backs disturbing.
Indeed, wonder if there'll be a proper wedding..otherwise my Sith & Andronikos justt announced themselves married on the bridge
THE-KĀLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan

Rhaethe
01.30.2012 , 08:39 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by MandelynRain View Post
Yeah all of the convo's with Quinn take place on the bridge, however the Andronikos ones move around a bit, though they all start on the bridge.
Thus far, when I get the notice that Quinn wants to talk, I try the closest cantina first. Sometimes, he says "I would like to speak when we get back to the ship" insisting on the ship, and the convo will trigger there. But sometimes, he has no problems talking in whatever planet's cantina.

Doing it this way keeps a variety of locations for my conversations with him ... and it looks and feels more natural that way.

Something I did notice, as well ... from "romancing" Vector and "romancing" Quinn .... if you don't pump affection via gifts the conversations trigger more naturally, time-wise. Assuming that you use the companion as a regular out and about companion, that is. If not, I've gotten into the habit of only giving as many gifts as it would take to get the person to the same level of affection as the person I do regularly carry around ... no higher.

And its something I just regularly check, like maintenance.

Doing it that may helps trigger their conversations more naturally.

Tylthul
01.30.2012 , 12:13 PM | #94
Posted this in the suggestions thread, but it quickly got buried:

I too would like to see real companion quests that we can actually execute when we hit the designated affection level, not simple fade to black dialogue moments. Bioware has done this in many of their other games, I'm not sure why it was omitted in this one. Especially since questing is so central to the MMO genre. Seemed the perfect fit.

I get the fade to black moments during the "under the sheets" bits, but I would have loved to accompany Jaessa as she hunts rogue Sith or Quinn as he tracks down an old enemy. Not just hear about them after an awkward fade to black that seems disjointed and incomplete. Certainly those would have been infinitely more interesting than the standard-fare side quests that get increasingly dull as the game wears on.

And, regarding our love interest, can we get a real "closing" to the marriage arc? I didn't even know I was married until I started receiving letters from my "wife". Apparently "one thing at a time" translates into "yes, I'll marry you...this second". Would have been nice to have a cut scene there as a reward, similar to Ep II.

DroolingTiger
01.30.2012 , 12:26 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorAppleSauce View Post
One thing I wish they would add beyond just "more quests that once you do we are waiting another 6 months for more companion quests" is the ability to interact with them then just besides "right clicking on them and getting 1 out of 10 different responses" Especially if you have romanced one. It is really stupid to have married the companion ... and that's it until bioware adds more quests...seriously? I mean, I know its "hahaha so funny that's marriage" ********, but if i kept giving my wife awesome gifts and spending time with her....i'd get more than just a cold shoulder LOL

Perhaps something like this:

If romanced an occasional (or related to more gifts/affection gained even beyond max) .1) some flirt scenes/options. 2) random poking fun of other companions/options 3) of course, what everyone wants; but too chick**** to say... more sex scene options.
Heh I wasn't scared. My post was in a different thread though.

Quote:
Honestly what I'd like more of is flirting with your companions. Maybe when we're out and about questing or whatever I get the urge to yank him around some giant pillar and black screen the crap out of him or a nice squeeze or kiss (yeah, I know this isn't Dragon Age but those elements are what made it more exciting for my character).

I'm just an evil sap I guess eh? I have plenty of love for Andronikos (personally) and want to show it by smacking that booty while running to that next Slicing spot lol.
Everybody Siths!

Bikini-wax on Thana Vesh

DroolingTiger
01.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerixkun View Post
Here's to hoping they make a romance expansion!
*raising my glass*
Everybody Siths!

Bikini-wax on Thana Vesh

Jellison
01.30.2012 , 12:41 PM | #97
Aric Jorgan and I think alike. Mostly. I avoided flirting with him, despite how I want a romance with him because he seems like the really "Down-to-business" type, and gaining 15 affection each for not flirting with him reassures me a little bit, but not much... Did I just F*** my entire chance to romance him?
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

Cythereal
01.30.2012 , 12:58 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
Aric Jorgan and I think alike. Mostly. I avoided flirting with him, despite how I want a romance with him because he seems like the really "Down-to-business" type, and gaining 15 affection each for not flirting with him reassures me a little bit, but not much... Did I just F*** my entire chance to romance him?
Probably. You have to flirt in order to trigger the romance. Hard to start dating someone if you never express interest.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

-Kelerak-
01.30.2012 , 01:17 PM | #99
w8 for a f**** update, more story will come

US - The Swiftsure EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

originaltodzilla
01.31.2012 , 11:22 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaethe View Post
Something I did notice, as well ... from "romancing" Vector and "romancing" Quinn .... if you don't pump affection via gifts the conversations trigger more naturally, time-wise. Assuming that you use the companion as a regular out and about companion, that is. If not, I've gotten into the habit of only giving as many gifts as it would take to get the person to the same level of affection as the person I do regularly carry around ... no higher.

And its something I just regularly check, like maintenance.

Doing it that may helps trigger their conversations more naturally.
I wish I would have known more about the affection and the story otherwise I would have done the more natural method.

Now that I'm a level 50 Trooper, married and talking children with Elara, I realize that my other companions are severely behind, and I'm curious to see what their stories are like.

I just started a smuggler and I'm going to do it this route; just basically try and keep all the companions at the same level and let it happen naturally.